SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-01-11, 11:46 AM   #526
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Justice View Post
Maybe you are all infected now, what if it actually spreads into seers and guardians ??
I'd probably be okay then

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 11:46 AM   #527
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
I ended up in Jim's study.....

ROFLMAO

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 11:52 AM   #528
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rear View Post
Haha, yeah. I'm glad someone understood that I was trying to move the game along and I felt the easiest way to do that was to end the German/British divide so that everyone was free to explore the island e.t.c.

Except Takeda of course - he belongs in the dungeon
Yeah, that would be my only constructive criticism of the game. The early days really limited the British because they were locked in a POW camp. Role playing a prisoner doesn't give you a lot of leeway. I understand the "escape/leave" mechanism was put in place to address this, but I would have just scrapped that whole idea and worked out some other way for the group as a whole to be free to roam and interact from the start.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 12:35 PM   #529
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
Well, it could be just me, since the hunt itself doesn't interest me that much and so I mostly play the game for the role-playing (Which I do enjoy a lot).
Yeah, different strokes etecetera. Last game I suggested to Tarjak he come up with a DNA test that would take 8 hours in darkness that he might like to role play setting up, monitoring and examining and announcing (which covering my seer ability). As long as people have fun is the main thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman764 View Post
What's the normal rule as far as PMing someone in a game? Do people normally RP a whisper, or a secret note or are PM's totally secret?

I saw in the 1st hunt a lot of RP'd PM's, but not seen anything in this one though there must be a fair amount going on
It depends! I never saw any PMs in the first one, until the end and the first one was a demand for a screenshot of my iitial PM from Neal giving my class - I refused! And not just because I was a werewolf .

Whispering in game makes you look *REALLY* guilty, but it does at least make people ask 'what were you whispering about?'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
It's kind of embarrassing to admit this but for most of the game I really had believed that if I could verify someones location and status all night, pulling a guard shift with someone for example, and they didn't turn into a werewolf in front of my eyes (as it were) then for sure they weren't one.
I think you need one game under the belt to get the rules... I had the same problem in my first game and had a hard time understanding just exactly what was going on. I did wonder why you kept saying stuff like 'Well, at least we know we're definately human' - made you look dead guilty .

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
The change between human and wolf form as well as the historically typical werewolf behavior (ripping the lungs out of anyone and everyone they can get their claws on) would be an impossible event to miss (or survive), at least it would be in any book or movie werewolf representation that I'd ever heard of. Same thing with the game werewolves ability to get past any defenses no matter how impervious. Heck, even Lon Chaney Jr. could be stopped by a stout door and a good lock!

So I played the game based on that idea, thereby casting undue suspicion against those who would deliberately separate themselves from the rest of the group. (Sorry Rear. ), as well as undue trust in those who would seek to band together with others. Now I know that such devices are useless if I ever participate in this game again, i'll do so without saying or reading anything outside of official storyline posts from Neal.

This has been a lot more fun than I originally thought it would be when Neal invited me to play but without player interaction meaning something there are (to the plain human player at least) an insufficient number of reliable clues with which to accurately base decisions about anyone's guilt or innocence.
The game is an adaption of the 'Mafia' game where the 'Mafia' mob hire a hit man to rub out one of the town folk each night. In that game you have the same classes (mafia = werewolf, detective = seer, nurse = guardian, human = innocent townspeople) but you have absolutely no story at all. It is played live with everyone round a table. It's great fun.

The whole game was developed by a psychology professor in Russia, used to teach and demonstrate the behaviours of people in certain situations. I know it sounds weird, but you can get some cracking games with just suspicion and questioning alone with absolutely no story at all. In fact, that's the whole point. You question people and see if you can detect they are lying. Some people make stuff up that doesn't fit, or they accidentally let slip some bit of info they shouldn't have. It's all about accusal and rebuttal and of course it's all public.

Just look at the dialogue between AVG and Enigma. You can subtly tell from the dialogue that AVG is guilty!

Oh yeah also as a human you can wander about and try to find hidden things, which sometimes can be forgotten with the excitement of roleplaying.
Old 07-01-11, 01:04 PM   #530
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Just look at the dialogue between AVG and Enigma. You can subtly tell from the dialogue that AVG is guilty!
I knew my goose was cooked at that point. It is very hard to, let say, keep straight dialog when intimate knowledge of your being is now known. Kind of like when a suspect understands the cat is out of the bag and he begins to spill the beans about it all.
Old 07-01-11, 01:28 PM   #531
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

I tried to spice up my character a bit by having him spout a bit of Karl Pilkington's words of wisdom.

Sub-Lieutenant Mookie. Head like a ******g orange.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 07-01-11, 01:33 PM   #532
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

I swiped a few lines from the movies. A few good men...I changed the names to the players names.

"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom.... You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. ...
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=459
Old 07-01-11, 01:35 PM   #533
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

How about next game the day / night cycles take a day each. That would sort out going to work / arriving home late to find you're already dead problems. Or would that make the game waaaay too slow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
I swiped a few lines from the movies.
I put one in from terminator. The werewolves abosultely will not stop until you are dead :-)

I didn't know Karl Pilkington had fame in the US. I'm impressed. God bless his perfectly round head.
Old 07-01-11, 01:40 PM   #534
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
How about next game the day / night cycles take a day each. That would sort out going to work / arriving home late to find you're already dead problems. Or would that make the game waaaay too slow?

I put one in from terminator. The werewolves abosultely will not stop until you are dead :-)

I didn't know Karl Pilkington had fame in the US. I'm impressed. God bless his perfectly round head.

I also used Aliens 2 I believe. "Game over man, game over!"
Old 07-01-11, 01:44 PM   #535
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
An Idiot Abroad was on here. I absolutely loved that show. They show the Ricky Gervais show on HBO here as well.

Old 07-01-11, 01:55 PM   #536
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
An Idiot Abroad was on here. I absolutely loved that show. They show the Ricky Gervais show on HBO here as well.
Oh my God, when he went bull riding in Mexico I cried with laughter. Just had another fit watching this:

Very funny at 2:30 onwards. "SWALLOW IT!"
Old 07-01-11, 02:06 PM   #537
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
I read this as well. Friggin Carl man...hilarious! My daughts love that show. He is not doing a second season I hear. Millions watched it on the History Channel. Funny as hell....
Old 07-01-11, 02:33 PM   #538
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Little did Jim, Mookie and Enigma know...the island is home to:

Not much hope for the three Muskateers.
Old 07-01-11, 02:45 PM   #539
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Well if Jim is saying he's not a guardian, I'd be interested to read WTH went on in the game and what the 'official' bits meant.
Old 07-01-11, 03:00 PM   #540
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

I suppose since the game's effectively over, I can reveal all. Jim wasn't a guardian. I was. He was also the recipient of the talisman that I found from Lighthouse Keeper Steve. I used my guardian powers on Takeda every night. Our little alliance was safe and sound so long as I wasn't directly attacked.