Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-22, 03:28 PM   #5176
vanjast
Sea Lord

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 4

Many sources of alternative information...

https://www.bitchute.com/video/QSmvGgAN6Syl/
Old 07-24-22, 03:43 PM   #5177
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanjast View Post
That's fine.

From what I hear, Ukraine is still part of Russia.
It never completed/ratified it's independence from Russia - and why it was not accepted into the EU.
If that is the case.. this is technically not a Russian Invasion, but a Nato/US one.

With the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, Ukraine became an independent state, formalized with a referendum in December 1991. On 21 January 1990, over 300,000 Ukrainians organized a human chain for Ukrainian independence between Kyiv and Lviv. Ukraine officially declared itself an independent country on 24 August 1991, when the communist Supreme Soviet (parliament) of Ukraine proclaimed that Ukraine would no longer follow the laws of the USSR and only the laws of the Ukrainian SSR, de facto declaring Ukraine's independence from the Soviet Union. On 1 December, voters approved a referendum formalizing independence from the Soviet Union. Over 90% of Ukrainian citizens voted for independence, with majorities in every region, including 56% in Crimea. The Soviet Union formally ceased to exist on 26 December, when the presidents of Ukraine, Belarus and Russia (the founding members of the USSR) met in Białowieża Forest to formally dissolve the Union in accordance with the Soviet Constitution. With this, Ukraine's independence was formalized de jure and recognized by the international community.

Poland and Canada were the first countries to recognize Ukraine's independence, both on 2 December 1991. On the same day (2 December) it was reported during the late-evening airing of the television news program Vesti that the President of the Russian SFSR, Boris Yeltsin, had recognized Ukraine's independence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 07-24-22, 03:49 PM   #5178
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Many sources of alternative information...

https://www.bitchute.com/video/QSmvGgAN6Syl/
And that WUNDERWAFFE backfired it will cause more guided weapons being sent to Ukraine Russia lost it get used to it.

The United States' Senate Foreign Relations Committee had adopted a resolution to designate Moscow a state sponsor of terrorism, officially. Earlier, the US Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Republican Senators Susan Collins, John Cornyn and John Barrasso had also similarly travelled to Kyiv to visit Ukrainian President Zelenskyy and reaffirm Washington's support. The US "stands squarely behind Ukraine and will sustain our support until Ukraine wins this war,"

Quote:
Old 07-24-22, 04:06 PM   #5179
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
That's fine.

From what I hear, Ukraine is still part of Russia.
It never completed/ratified it's independence from Russia - and why it was not accepted into the EU.
If that is the case.. this is technically not a Russian Invasion, but a Nato/US one.

When Putin came to power, Ukraine and Russia were in many ways practically indivisible shared a common cultural, economic and political space in just 20 years, Putin has destroyed these ties Russia is now understandably desperate to blame others for this historic failure.

Quote:
Old 07-24-22, 04:12 PM   #5180
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Think of it this way..

Your boat is in thick mist, and a sailor warns you of rocks nearby (how he knows is irrelevant).
Do you ignore the sailor, or do you take precautions.. ( ie change course).

This is the situation.
I am a longtime skipper, always steer my own course.

Quote:
Old 07-24-22, 04:19 PM   #5181
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
With the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, Ukraine became an independent state, formalized with a referendum in December 1991. On 21 January 1990, over 300,000 Ukrainians organized a human chain for Ukrainian independence between Kyiv and Lviv. Ukraine officially declared itself an independent country on 24 August 1991, when the communist Supreme Soviet (parliament) of Ukraine proclaimed that Ukraine would no longer follow the laws of the USSR and only the laws of the Ukrainian SSR, de facto declaring Ukraine's independence from the Soviet Union. On 1 December, voters approved a referendum formalizing independence from the Soviet Union. Over 90% of Ukrainian citizens voted for independence, with majorities in every region, including 56% in Crimea. The Soviet Union formally ceased to exist on 26 December, when the presidents of Ukraine, Belarus and Russia (the founding members of the USSR) met in Białowieża Forest to formally dissolve the Union in accordance with the Soviet Constitution. With this, Ukraine's independence was formalized de jure and recognized by the international community.

Poland and Canada were the first countries to recognize Ukraine's independence, both on 2 December 1991. On the same day (2 December) it was reported during the late-evening airing of the television news program Vesti that the President of the Russian SFSR, Boris Yeltsin, had recognized Ukraine's independence.
Thank you, then I did remember correctly when I posted following one page back

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=5175

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 07-24-22, 04:21 PM   #5182
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
And that WUNDERWAFFE backfired it will cause more guided weapons being sent to Ukraine Russia lost it get used to it.

The United States' Senate Foreign Relations Committee had adopted a resolution to designate Moscow a state sponsor of terrorism, officially. Earlier, the US Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Republican Senators Susan Collins, John Cornyn and John Barrasso had also similarly travelled to Kyiv to visit Ukrainian President Zelenskyy and reaffirm Washington's support. The US "stands squarely behind Ukraine and will sustain our support until Ukraine wins this war,"
This could very well mean that we sooner or later will see Nato boots on the ground in Ukraine.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 07-24-22, 04:29 PM   #5183
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
This could very well mean that we sooner or later will see Nato boots on the ground in Ukraine.

Markus
Do not think that, the weapons Ukraine received now can only hold of the advance of the Russian army, hope more will allow Ukraine to retake occupied areas.

Quote:
Old 07-24-22, 04:49 PM   #5184
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Do not think that, the weapons Ukraine received now can only hold of the advance of the Russian army, hope more will allow Ukraine to retake occupied areas.
Our leaders has made mistake before when it comes to Russia and their President Putin.

They, like you, say Putin would not openly declare war on Ukraine. If Skybird and Kenneth Dekleva is correct then, Putin would not stop before he gets what he wants and if it mean to declare war on Ukraine and thereby be able to call in the reserves.

If and when this happens the weapon we have send or is sending would not be enough far, far from it.

And it is here I see boots on the ground.

But then what do I know-You could be right and in a couple of month from now the Ukrainian has retaken most of what they lost in the beginning of the war- Or I could be right.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 07-24-22, 05:19 PM   #5185
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Our leaders has made mistake before when it comes to Russia and their President Putin.

They, like you, say Putin would not openly declare war on Ukraine. If Skybird and Kenneth Dekleva is correct then, Putin would not stop before he gets what he wants and if it mean to declare war on Ukraine and thereby be able to call in the reserves.

If and when this happens the weapon we have send or is sending would not be enough far, far from it.

And it is here I see boots on the ground.

But then what do I know-You could be right and in a couple of month from now the Ukrainian has retaken most of what they lost in the beginning of the war- Or I could be right.

Markus
Russia already could declare it a war it has a reason it has not I think Putin does not have the support to do that also not think any NATO member will send troops it is far easier to supply and train the Ukraine army then take loses of NATO personnel body bags do not do good on the support of this war

Quote:
Old 07-24-22, 05:41 PM   #5186
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Russia already could declare it a war it has a reason it has not I think Putin does not have the support to do that also not think any NATO member will send troops it is far easier to supply and train the Ukraine army then take loses of NATO personnel body bags do not do good on the support of this war
I wanna believe that you are fully correct.

This is copied from Twitter)

Quote:
Ukraine’s Air Force destroys 3 Russian strongholds.Air Force Spokesman Yuriy Ignat reported in a televised address on July 24 that Ukrainian forces destroyed equipment and personnel at three Russian strongholds.
https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/...XRJ-Ylzs_RFmkw

Here's another article from twitter

Quote:
The Ukrainian military said it targeted a Russian S-300 position in Zelenotropinsky, Kherson Oblast after 7 S-300 missiles were fired at Mykolaiv. The footage shows two S-300 TELS on fire.
https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1...XRJ-Ylzs_RFmkw

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 07-24-22, 06:01 PM   #5187
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Russia seems to break every civilian rules there is

Quote:
In the temporarily occupied city of Berdiansk, Zaporizhia region, Russian invaders are placing military equipment and arms depots in residential areas.
https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato...ial-areas.html

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 07-25-22, 07:10 AM   #5188
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Three German Gepards are confirmed by Kyiv to have arrived - with ammo, produced now in Norway.

If I were the Russians, i would carefully think twice now what to do next.

Twelve more cats should follow, at some point.

Meanwhile it got reported that Bubble-Olaf (the chancellor's offic, so it is Olaf in the end) is actively blocking Ukrainian orders for air defences that Kyiv was invited by Scholz to order diretcly from the German industry. The chancellor's office blocks the processing of the paper work since many weeks.

German inaction for Russian gas?
Old 07-25-22, 10:00 AM   #5189
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

German inaction for Russian gas?
I suspect that may well be the case.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 07-25-22, 10:04 AM   #5190
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Moscow has charged 92 members of the Ukrainian armed forces with crimes against humanity, the head of Russia's investigative committee has said.

Alexander Bastrykin told government newspaper Rossiiskaya Gazeta over 1,300 criminal investigations had begun.

He also proposed an international tribunal backed by countries including Iran, Syria and Bolivia - traditional allies of Russia.

Ukraine is also conducting its own war crimes investigations.

As well as the 92 who have already been charged by Russia, some 96 people, including 51 armed forces commanders, are wanted, Mr Bastrykin said.

The Ukrainians were involved in "crimes against the peace and security of humanity", he told the paper.

The BBC has been unable to verify claims made in the interview and Kyiv has not commented.

But this month, Ukraine said it was examining more than 21,000 war crimes and crimes of aggression allegedly committed by Russian forces since the start of the invasion in February.
I'm surprised it has taken so long for the worm to turn.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Closed Thread