Old 06-22-22, 05:09 PM   #61
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
You are not even asked to accept.
Sorry but that is just not true. Not only are we asked to accept but any criticism of trans and LGBTQ+ ideology can get a person into all kinds of trouble. I'm not sure what it is like in your country but that is a fact of life in the US and here in Canada. I believe that the UK is just as bad. This is 'wrong think' right out of 1984. Doesn't seem very 'progressive'.

Quote:
You are asked to let others live their lives in peace - which is something you take for granted for yourself, but has been denied to LGBTQ+ (and many others) until very recently.
As I have stated, I could care less what other people believe about themselves. If they are happy that is all that matters. Good luck to them. But don't tell me that radical ideologies of any kind do not have an effect on the rest of society. The very idea that people can deny the state that they were born in (a scientific fact) and then cut off body parts to affirm that denial is not normal. I support anyone's right to do that or anything else to their bodies, but don't tell me it is normal or healthy behavior.

Quote:
And I highly doubt you "know" it to be not true. You may want it to be not true, and you might put yourself under the illusion that it can't be true because it doesn't fit your point of view. That doesn't make it not true, however.
I know that females have 2 X chromosomes and males have 1 X and 1 Y chromosome. Is that news to you?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-22, 06:23 PM   #62
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Old 06-22-22, 11:23 PM   #63
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
The American political spectrum is very narrowed down (a fact most scholars including Americans agree on). Americans have a tendency to call everything left of the center "communism". In general Americans have an interesting tendency to use the term "communism" without understanding what communism is.

Oh I definitely understand your point, even if I disagree with it's conclusion. Many of us here in America feel the same way when we listen to Europeans arrogantly try to lecture us on our tendencies.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-22, 12:07 AM   #64
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
any criticism of trans and LGBTQ+ ideology

Nice wording for something that in 99% of the cases is nothing but "discrimination" (and meant as such).

Quote:
he very idea that people can deny the state that they were born in (a scientific fact) and then cut off body parts to affirm that denial is not normal. I support anyone's right to do that or anything else to their bodies, but don't tell me it is normal or healthy behavior.
Again proving my point: you don't understand, you don't try to understand, because you simply don't want to understand.
"Normal" btw is very problematic, because there's no definition of "normality" beyond the individual. Two people, two different ideas of "normality".
Healthy behaviour? There's an awful lot things people do that are far away from healthy.

Quote:
I know that females have 2 X chromosomes and males have 1 X and 1 Y chromosome. Is that news to you?
Is it news to you that there are males with two X chromosomes (about one in 10.000 to 20.000)? Is it news to you that there are XY-females (one in 10.000? Is it news to you that there are XYY males (about one in 7000)? Is it news to you that there are XXY males (rather common, about one in every 500 to 1000)?
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-22, 02:59 AM   #65
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

This conservative thinking it is funny all these Europeans are experts on the US when they probably haven't lived or spent time here personally I don't care if someone gay or what ever but it couldn't be taught in grade school maybe not school at all but should be up to the parents but then I'm also a believer in spare the rod spoil the child but also trying to figure out what any of this stuff got to do with mass shooting topic
Old 06-23-22, 06:08 AM   #66
u crank

Quote:
Nice wording for something that in 99% of the cases is nothing but "discrimination" (and meant as such).
Quote:
Again proving my point: you don't understand, you don't try to understand, because you simply don't want to understand.
Accusing me of not wanting to understand is childish. How do you know that? I think I understand the subject quite well. It is not very hard to find out. The pros and cons of trans ideology are widely available. You seem unable to differentiate between criticism and discrimination. I think I have been quite clear on that. If you are saying that the trans movement can't be examined and criticized then you are making my exact point. Is trans ideology or any ideology for that matter above being questioned? There is a certain authoritarian bent to that kind of thing which I find disturbing.

Quote:
Healthy behavior? There's an awful lot things people do that are far away from healthy.
That is true. But again let us ask a simple question. Is cutting off body parts one of those things?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 06-23-22, 06:33 AM   #67
u crank

Sorry but I somehow missed this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
In short:
Imho the lgbtq thing is a counter reaction to gay etc. people having been suppressed, criminalized and condemned for centuries, and all those reforms and civil rights being introduced never tackled this.
I do not think that sudenly more people are becoming gay /lesbian /bi /transgender /queer /whatever just because their "coming out" is suddenly allowed as being regarded as normal, and accepted as such, still minor compared to the statistical representative cross section of what you call humanity. Accept there are always some who are different, try not to humiliate them.
This has not much to do with "left" ideas but with human biology and relations, including tolerance. When i think about what England did to Alan Turing it still makes me vomit.
Well said, especially this. "Accept there are always some who are different, try not to humiliate them."

Quote:
"The reshaping of the society", young humans have always had new ideas and old people were forever ranting against them, right or wrong. Give them time, it will all work out in the long run. And (unfortunately) nothing has or will really change(d).
Obviously human society is evolving. It is only natural. And there will always be radical ideas that come into play. But some of these ideas are pushed hard by activists that sometimes don't represent the majority. That is the "reshaping" that I was referring to. And these types are easily found out because immediately upon having a discussion they start with the accusations of bigotry. They simply do not want the discussion.

The reshaping of society is ongoing, sometimes good and sometimes not so good. I believe that the best defense to the bad "reshaping" is knowledge.

Quote:
Had written a long answer, but it vanished due to a browser glitch (Edge, of course)
Yea that is a drag. I now compose long posts on Notepad and then copy/paste. And even then ....

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 06-23-22, 07:56 AM   #68
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
You are not even asked to accept. You are asked to let others live their lives in peace - which is something you take for granted for yourself, but has been denied to LGBTQ+ (and many others) until very recently.
I call BS.

Masterpiece Cakeshop vs Colorado civil rights commission. While the cakeshop prevailed in their appeal to the Supreme Court, (this was a very narrow ruling specific to this instance). Please pay specific attention to the dissenting opinion of the Court.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-22, 08:07 AM   #69
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
This conservative thinking it is funny all these Europeans are experts on the US when they probably haven't lived or spent time here personally I don't care if someone gay or what ever but it couldn't be taught in grade school maybe not school at all but should be up to the parents but then I'm also a believer in spare the rod spoil the child but also trying to figure out what any of this stuff got to do with mass shooting topic

Your posts are difficult to read because of your refusal to use punctuation marks but I think I agree.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-22, 10:38 AM   #70
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Norway throws it's hat in the ring.
Old 06-28-22, 11:51 PM   #71
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Really, the Nazis? Have they started rounding up Jews or something?
He is a Space Chicken.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 12:07 AM   #72
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
From our European perspective the US doesn't even have anything that's truly left.
Your right but your country will support. A war if American Politician's tell them to.Get on your knee and kiss,The Democrat party's hand Joe Biden is their rep your government and your country will fight this war for Ukraine. That's what your country agreed to at the G7. Indefinitely so don't cry.
Old 06-29-22, 01:09 AM   #73
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Argumentations among Americans (not just politicians) these days seem to be a simple "we against them", with arguments reduced to "it's their fault" and the population at each others' throats, while the richest 1% fleece the rest of the nation relentlessly and a minority of christian fundamentalists dominates the reshaping of society which already produces far more losers than it can handle.

Quite obviously this occasionally creates preople who go on rampage, but it's seemingly never treated seriously for more than a few days of the usual round of arguments ("their fault" "no, their fault" "guns" "no guns" "thoughts and prayers" "we can't do anything") before fading out in the similarily usual "nothing" that is actually done. In the end everyone waits for the next shooting, hoping it won't be his/her kids' and relatives' names being listed on the NY Times front page for the entire world to see.

Yes here in America we have a Population, a melting pot. We have no cohesive identity as a country.The people who populate this country are only here for one thing.How can i be smarter and get over on the idiots that are dumber than me. In our society it's about money and the more you make the better you can live.And that's what America is about. And if our Politicians decide your country has something we need.Your Politician's can join Nato and get Nuclear security and Financial aid.They can tell their country's citizen look what we have done for you.We have given you peace. Meanwhile they are taking all the financial aid for themselves. Nothing changes for you.

Next thing you know your country is supporting the Americans in another war. Now you have to shoot your dog and rob your neighbors.Because your Politicians spent the financial aid living the lifestyle of the Americans. And you find out your country is broke.And your Politicians has sold all your food stuffs to support the Americans in another war in a country you never heard of and will never set foot in. Where did your leaders go? Well hell they took and saved that finical aid and went to California America. LoL. Oh i must tell you tell you that's why we all have guns here.It's a Dog eat Dog society.
Old 07-03-22, 12:20 PM   #74
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Today Denmark became a sad member of countries where there has been mass shooting.

Quote:
Danish police said several people had been hit by gunshots at a shopping mall in the capital Copenhagen on Sunday.
https://cyprus-mail.com/2022/07/03/s...danish-police/

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-22, 03:15 PM   #75
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-62031793

The world is a zoo.

Tags