Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
So how do gun laws work America

you have tobe 18

have proof of Address

are there any criminal and mental heath issue checks or can you just turn up at a gun shop buy two hand guns and automatic rifle and 200 plus rounds of amounition.
at 18 your deemed a man but at 17 your a minor time for a rethink.
Just my two cents worth.
Sending you a PM.....enjoy

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 07:44 AM   #17
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
So how do gun laws work America

you have tobe 18

have proof of Address

are there any criminal and mental heath issue checks or can you just turn up at a gun shop buy two hand guns and automatic rifle and 200 plus rounds of amounition.
at 18 your deemed a man but at 17 your a minor time for a rethink.
Just my two cents worth.

50 states 50 answers to your question.

Here in Massachusetts you need a license to buy a gun and pass a background check. Problem here is that the murderer did pass that background check. I expect a lot of anti-gun legislation that would not address the actual problem of nut cases being allowed to walk our streets.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 07:49 AM   #18
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
That's hardly appropriate or constructive, Markus.
I know and I'm sorry but this was what were on my mind when I wrote it.

I feel so sorry for all these parents who has lost a love one.

Since it has happen before AND it will happen again because America has this NRA organization who will fight any law that strengthen it.

However all this is not my headache even though I'm truly sorry for all these life lost due to NRA and other organization who fights tighter weapon laws.

Then you could say-I'm not an American it's not my problem.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 08:11 AM   #19
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I know and I'm sorry but this was what were on my mind when I wrote it.

I feel so sorry for all these parents who has lost a love one.

Since it has happen before AND it will happen again because America has this NRA organization who will fight any law that strengthen it.

However all this is not my headache even though I'm truly sorry for all these life lost due to NRA and other organization who fights tighter weapon laws.

Then you could say-I'm not an American it's not my problem.

Markus

Why do you blame the tool and not the perpetrator Markus? Would you feel better if they were all pushed out of windows or run down by a speeding SUV?

The NRA, or what is left of it, fights for our right to possess firearms, a constitutionally protected right that is supposed to be recognized by the government and not infringed upon. You will never hear them say that mentally deficient people should be allowed to buy firearms.

You can take every gun out of the country (well theoretically anyways, I wouldn't surrender mine without a fight) and you would still have mass murderers. Did you know that the largest school massacre in my country was NOT perpetrated with a gun? Thirty-eight elementary school children blown up by a disgruntled school board member. The death toll would have been much higher if all of the explosives he planted had gone off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Old 05-25-22, 08:45 AM   #20
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Well, as it's always a mentally ill/deficient person who commits such mass shootings why don't you vote for universal healthcare so that these people can receive the help they need, instead of voting for the party that wants to give out more guns?

Or how about an age restriction, considering that most perpetrators of mass shootings are younger than 25?

And while we are at it: the NRA does not fight for your right to possess firearms. They fight for the producers right to sell firearms to you, they don't give a =(%& about the average John Doe.
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 08:50 AM   #21
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Will it this time finally be enough?

Unlikely.

We shouldn't be too smug - it's absolutely illogical in many ways not to have a general speed limit, yet even mentioning a general speed limit ends political careers over here.
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 09:30 AM   #22
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Why do you blame the tool and not the perpetrator Markus? Would you feel better if they were all pushed out of windows or run down by a speeding SUV?

The NRA, or what is left of it, fights for our right to possess firearms, a constitutionally protected right that is supposed to be recognized by the government and not infringed upon. You will never hear them say that mentally deficient people should be allowed to buy firearms.

You can take every gun out of the country (well theoretically anyways, I wouldn't surrender mine without a fight) and you would still have mass murderers. Did you know that the largest school massacre in my country was NOT perpetrated with a gun? Thirty-eight elementary school children blown up by a disgruntled school board member. The death toll would have been much higher if all of the explosives he planted had gone off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster
You're right Dave it's not the tool but the person behind it who's the problem

I was shocked by what this Danish reporter said in the news today..In USA any 18 years old can walk into a weapon shop and buy an AR15 with ammo but he has to wait until he is 21 if he wants to buy a beer.

I'm not against people own a weapon what I want is-Whatever weapon you buy you shall be checked before getting the weapon.

Meaning any American has to wait couple of weeks while they are being checked before they can buy the gun/rifle.
And for some weapon I would say special checking should be made.

That's how I would do it.

Then the question is-Would it help, would it prevent future mass shooting from happening ?

Markus

Old 05-25-22, 10:15 AM   #23
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
We shouldn't be too smug - it's absolutely illogical in many ways not to have a general speed limit, yet even mentioning a general speed limit ends political careers over here.
Sorry, I must object. It does not compare.
What was said and shown in Bowling for Columbine still has an awful lot to do with it, unfortunately.

(I neither drive nor own a car. I have a driver's license, last used 33 years ago.)
Old 05-25-22, 10:20 AM   #24
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
50 states 50 answers to your question.

Here in Massachusetts you need a license to buy a gun and pass a background check. Problem here is that the murderer did pass that background check. I expect a lot of anti-gun legislation that would not address the actual problem of nut cases being allowed to walk our streets.
He wasn’t applying for a security clearance. Background checks to purchase a firearm are looking for convicted felons with a record. So of course he passed his background check. He was only 18 years old what did anyone expect to find?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 10:23 AM   #25
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Then the question is-Would it help, would it prevent future mass shooting from happening ?

Who knows, probably not seeing as how laws are only heeded by those not intending to commit such heinous crimes in the first place. But one thing I do know, mass murders will still happen regardless of what laws they pass.

Gun, bomb, vehicle, poison, there are a 1000 ways to commit mass murder if that is ones intention. The means is secondary to that.

Old 05-25-22, 10:31 AM   #26
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Let’s not forget the militarization of police, veneration of the military, and the daily media bombardment of how delivering weapons to foreign countries and military involvement in pacific islands is the answer to all of our problems.

The kid probably figures what works for your representatives works for him just on a smaller scale. He was still a child, maybe increase the age limit.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 10:37 AM   #27
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

One thing you should do is to set an age like 21 years old before the person can buy a weapon.

Except certain type of weapon where the person can be 18 years old.

Markus

Old 05-25-22, 11:12 AM   #28
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Wonder if the same people got physically sick as Russian forces slaughter hundreds of children and thousands of civilians in Ukraine since February, or if it's just selective grief for political stances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.

Last edited by Dargo; 05-25-22 at 01:36 PM.
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 04:05 PM   #29
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

I simply don't understand the mindset that would allow someone to do this.
Old 05-25-22, 04:08 PM   #30
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Mental heath checks should certainly be mandatory in the purchase of weapons.

At some point we will need to address the boundaries between HIPAA and Public Safety and that won't be easy nor pleasant.

Tags
shooter