Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-21, 03:02 PM   #16
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
I travel A LOT. And I sometimes wear my Body Armour depending on the area I must travel in.

Now I don't go carting Fire Arms with me but still.
Am I to be suspect now even though I am using my right to protect myself in a NON-VIOLENT way?

I think it's apparent that the jackbooted thugs now running our country don't want you to have the means to defend yourself at all.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 03:39 PM   #17
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I think it's apparent that the jackbooted thugs now running our country don't want you to have the means to defend yourself at all.
I don't think Biden or any other politicians will prevent you from owning a gun, what I think he and the rest is interesting in is preventing you from owning big guns like a 16-inch guns(I know no one could carry around with such a gun)

But I hope you understod what I meant.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 04:01 PM   #18
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
I travel A LOT. And I sometimes wear my Body Armour depending on the area I must travel in.

Now I don't go carting Fire Arms with me but still.
Am I to be suspect now even though I am using my right to protect myself in a NON-VIOLENT way?

It might be helpful if you stenciled 'SJ' on your shirt and sported a cape. Then everyone will know you're a real superhero protecting us from villainy instead of some nut case that ought to be restrained and institutionalized . Super Jeff to the rescue!

I'm guessing this is your secret identity?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-25-21 at 04:12 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 04:11 PM   #19
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I don't think Biden or any other politicians will prevent you from owning a gun, what I think he and the rest is interesting in is preventing you from owning big guns like a 16-inch guns(I know no one could carry around with such a gun)

But I hope you understod what I meant.

Markus

Not really Markus. You may believe otherwise but he's directly calling for gun bans. Not some naval cannon either (which BTW I'm pretty sure is still legal to own) but rather firearms currently owned by millions of Americans.

Old 03-25-21, 04:25 PM   #20
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

LOL!
I ain't out to rescue anyone. As an example of my job sites.

Atlanta, Georgia.
Several workers were leaving the building and on the sidewalk which is like 3 foot from the door?
They were robbed at Gun Point!

Norfolk, Virginia.
As a friend and I sat on the tail gate of his truck a Guy approached and pulled a knife demanding money.
My friend calmly told him:
"You don't want me to pull my hand out of my jacket. If I do? You'll be sorry."
The Guy left. Yes. My Friend had a fully loaded 38 in his pocket.

Cleveland, Ohio.
As I left a store a Guy approached me. He pulled a knife and demanded my money. I told him I don't carry cash just a debt card.
He attempted to stab me but the body armour stopped any wounds to me.
He was not so lucky as the 12 pack in a bag did some serious damage to his face!

Columbus, Ohio.
A job site had been robbed several times. Even the car the Security Company had on site was stolen twice! Leaving one day a young kid tried to rob me with a knife.
He saw my body armour and hesitated. At that point I pulled my 9mm on him. He walked away as did I.

I'm NOT a Super Hero. But I'll be damned if I die doing anything less then fighting for my right to live!
Old 03-25-21, 05:08 PM   #21
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Not really Markus. You may believe otherwise but he's directly calling for gun bans. Not some naval cannon either (which BTW I'm pretty sure is still legal to own) but rather firearms currently owned by millions of Americans.
Have never claimed to be an expert on American politics and its federal laws far from it.

Isn't there some kind of chain of decision before an amendment can't be changed or erased ? Isn't there some rule what, where and who before the politicians can make changes in these amendment ?

Why I ask is, as I read your comment Biden & Co will try to totally ban the right to wear a gun even a single handgun.
Can he/they do so without violating an amendment ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 05:14 PM   #22
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I'm guessing this is your secret identity?
Nope.
This is my secret Identity!
Old 03-25-21, 05:29 PM   #23
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^

Quote:
[...] Why I ask is, as I read your comment Biden & Co will try to totally ban the right to wear a gun even a single handgun.
Can he/they do so without violating an amendment ? Markus
Of course he cannot. But it's the same argument against presidents the right does not like, same with the "thoughts and prayers" crocodile tears after the shootings.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4318286/

This is an in-depth article, discussing the current theories and it does not even say that gun owning should be forbidden. "[...] gun control in itself would be ineffective at stopping gun crime [...]"
However if you really want to change something you need the political will, and you will most probably never have the majority to ban guns in the US.

If you only want the conclusions they are pretty much at the end of the article, but i found it worth reading.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 03-26-21 at 05:28 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 05:35 PM   #24
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Why I ask is, as I read your comment Biden & Co will try to totally ban the right to wear a gun even a single handgun.

Markus

I didn't say anything about handguns Markus but the Democrats have gone to great lengths to make our Constitution not worth the paper it was written on. All of our supposedly constitutionally guaranteed freedoms are being redefined into irrelevancy.

Old 03-25-21, 06:05 PM   #25
Torpex77
Helmsman

Downloads: 72

Removing any Gun from the Legal right of ownership is no more logical than removing pneumatic tires after a car crashes and kills 5 people after a Blowout. Tens of Millions of tires function properly daily, just as tens of millions of regular gun owners.

This is a terrible tragedy and I wish they would stop standing on dead bodies to further a political agenda. High Power Guns have been available to the Public for over 70 years!

Look at Society, degrading family values, general disrespect for human life for the Source of the problem, after all how is it my generation didnt behave like this or the Generation before me? Yes there were a few incidents but damn few.
Old 03-25-21, 06:07 PM   #26
Torpex77
Helmsman

Downloads: 72

Quote:
Your Spot on! I would say the Communists who left Russia and took up shop here in the US want the US to Be the next USSR
Old 03-25-21, 06:30 PM   #27
Commander Wallace
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Have never claimed to be an expert on American politics and its federal laws far from it.

Isn't there some kind of chain of decision before an amendment can't be changed or erased ? Isn't there some rule what, where and who before the politicians can make changes in these amendment ?

Markus
You don't need to be from the U.S or an expert on U.S affairs to ask reasonable questions, Markus. In fact, not being from the U.S may well give you a unique perspective on the happenings here.

August has suggested that the Democrats don't want the U.S citizenry to have the ability to defend themselves. In fact, It's a Democratic agenda to completely disarm the American citizenry and deny them access to anything even resembling a weapon.

Authorities have revealed that Boulder Colorado shooting suspect, Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa has a history of mental illness and anti social behavior. This has long been the problem and what needs to be addressed, not the responsible people and individuals who make up the majority of gun ownership.

Jeff had mentioned some close calls he and his friend had. Thankfully, everything worked out in his favor. Another happy ending, brought to you, courtesy of the second amendment. My only question is did the beer in the bag survive the encounter ?

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 03-25-21 at 06:50 PM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 07:06 PM   #28
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Nope.

egads, its pretty clear what bars,,, err I mean, job sites you hang out at.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 08:09 AM   #29
August
Wayfaring Stranger

You'd think a chain mail codpiece would be a mite pinchy...

Old 03-27-21, 08:57 AM   #30
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Nope.
I was seriously thinking of posting that picture until I read your post

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shooter