SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-03-21, 07:44 AM   #1
cheekibreeki
Whoops

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Default SH3 ARB Widescreen woes

Hello all!

I am new to the forums so I hope I am posting this in the right place.

I am coming back to SH after a long hiatus and I am exploring the modding world! I was able to get GWX gold installed and working fine, but it became clear that I would need better resolutions since my periscope looked like an egg. I found ARM Widescreen GUI and gave it a go, and this is where I am encountering issues. I am able to launch the game with both mods installed and I can also run a training mission without issue, but the campaign fails to load my first mission. I am able to get to my desk and recruit new crew, mod the boat, check records etc.

However as soon as I launch mission 1 it will load to ~70% and then hard crash back to desktop, no errors. Are there logs I can look for that may show what is happening? I am not sure how to go about troubleshooting this game. Thank you all for your insight, happy to be apart of the club now!
cheekibreeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 08:46 AM   #2
Belmondo
Soundman

Downloads: 840

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekibreeki View Post
Hello all!

I am new to the forums so I hope I am posting this in the right place.

I am coming back to SH after a long hiatus and I am exploring the modding world! I was able to get GWX gold installed and working fine, but it became clear that I would need better resolutions since my periscope looked like an egg. I found ARM Widescreen GUI and gave it a go, and this is where I am encountering issues. I am able to launch the game with both mods installed and I can also run a training mission without issue, but the campaign fails to load my first mission. I am able to get to my desk and recruit new crew, mod the boat, check records etc.

However as soon as I launch mission 1 it will load to ~70% and then hard crash back to desktop, no errors. Are there logs I can look for that may show what is happening? I am not sure how to go about troubleshooting this game. Thank you all for your insight, happy to be apart of the club now!
Maybe try this https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...232178&page=29
Old 03-03-21, 11:01 AM   #3
Subtype Zero
Lieutenant

Downloads: 7

Welcome to subsim, cheeki!

You may need to post more details about your setup and installation. However, going just on what you said, it sounds like you need to apply the 4Gb patch which will enable your computer to access more random memory.

Subtype Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 10:55 AM   #4
cheekibreeki
Whoops

Downloads: 27
Icon7 Got it!

Hello all,

That you for the notes, I was able to get the mods working with some hiccups. The thread Belmondo provided was a different issue to what I was seeing, but Subtype informed me of the 4GB patch which seems to have done the trick. I also enabled XP compatibility mode for my exe and now I am able to enjoy these mods. Thank you both!
cheekibreeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 11:33 AM   #5
Subtype Zero
Lieutenant

Downloads: 7

Subtype Zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gwx, help with mod, troubleshooting