SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-21, 03:55 PM   #16
KarlFranz1870
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatsOfStrength View Post
I had the problem of crashing savegames, 4gb patch didn't seem to make any difference, what fixed it for me was running SH3.exe in compatability mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2), Windows Vista works too.

Run it in compatibility mode by right clicking on SH3.exe, go into properties and click the "compatibility" tab, here there is a drop box where you can select the version of windows to run it in compatability mode with.

I haven't had a loading save crash since.
So, I tried playing career today and it crashed everytime at the start, but making the game in compatibility mode, it actually loaded, thank you very much ^^
KarlFranz1870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-21, 08:29 PM   #17
FeatsOfStrength
Gunner

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlFranz1870 View Post
So, I tried playing career today and it crashed everytime at the start, but making the game in compatibility mode, it actually loaded, thank you very much ^^
It won't 100% stop crashes but it at least lets you play the game! Now I only get crashes if I go anywhere on the map with heavy activity (Dunkirk in May 1940 and the English Channel in June 1944), or randomly late in campaigns. It's workable though, after a year or two in game I usually just start a new campaign and name my character whatever my 1WO's name was on my previous sub.

FeatsOfStrength is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crash, crash career, gwx 3.0, sh3