SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-23-21, 01:54 AM   #1
cmdr_loslos
Watch

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default Unrelated BdU radio messages

Hello hunters, I am new to the SH3 and started my very 1st patrol on 1 August,1939 and on I think 12 I completed all my primary objectives(which was reaching AN21 and patrolling for 24hrs there) given to me by BdU. After I send the status report, all I receive are unrelated BdU messages like "Shoot, charge, sink!" or "We have high expectations!". Once I got a message telling me I will have new status and weather news in 24hrs. So I waited like 30 hrs for it, but there was no new status news.
Now I am thinking if I should go back to Kiel and end my patrol or not. Is this a bug?

Here are the mods that I am using(I can't exactly remember the order in which I installed the mods but I think the mods are installed correctly cuz I have had no other problems aside the above mentioned):
gwx3.0
4gb patch
sh3 commander
hsie hardcore fixes
v16b1 supplement
Optional O2 gauge
gwx 16km visibility mod
arb widescreen mod

Also I have appended the new english lines in hsie through the static file in sh3 commander cfg folder. Thank you for your replies!
cmdr_loslos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 02:09 AM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdr_loslos View Post
Hello hunters, I am new to the SH3 and started my very 1st patrol on 1 August,1939 and on I think 12 I completed all my primary objectives(which was reaching AN21 and patrolling for 24hrs there) given to me by BdU. After I send the status report, all I receive are unrelated BdU messages like "Shoot, charge, sink!" or "We have high expectations!". Once I got a message telling me I will have new status and weather news in 24hrs. So I waited like 30 hrs for it, but there was no new status news.
Now I am thinking if I should go back to Kiel and end my patrol or not. Is this a bug?

Here are the mods that I am using(I can't exactly remember the order in which I installed the mods but I think the mods are installed correctly cuz I have had no other problems aside the above mentioned):
gwx3.0
4gb patch
sh3 commander
hsie hardcore fixes
v16b1 supplement
Optional O2 gauge
gwx 16km visibility mod
arb widescreen mod

Also I have appended the new english lines in hsie through the static file in sh3 commander cfg folder. Thank you for your replies!
Ahoy, cmdr_loslos...

1 thing you have to keep in mind, should you have played SH4 or even SH5... SH3, does not extend your patrols out, after having completed the initial 1 given you, before leaving base or your home port, as it were... only SH4 & I believe SH5, does so.

What this means, is... once you have patrolled whatever area you were given to before heading out, is it. Once it's done, you can either:

1. Continue roving about, & sink any & every thing that crosses your path, should the war have started by that point in time...

OR
2. if it has not, then avoid sinking anything & head straight back to do at the port you are assigned to, which.. given the date you mentioned, would be the wisest course for now. Not attempting to sink any thing at all...

After you dock, time will fast forward by around a month, if you are going it with SH3, stock... & even around that, even if you are using a mega mod.. like CCoM, GWX, LSH3, nygm or even W.A.C., which include using SH3 Commander (which can have the time you are in port, after docking randomized... so that may turn out to be anything from a few days to that full month time frame...) which accordingly, you are using gwx as your base & SH3 Commander.

At this point, in time... your best bet, as I outlined in point 2, is to RTB & let time fast forward according to however you have it set in SH3Cmdr...

Just be aware that replies back from 'BdU', will be rather limited... unless you utilize a mod that says other things than the base stock messages you've gotten thus far, but keeping in mind there will NOT be other assignments given out, other than your primary 1 before leaving base.

Hope this info helps.. & Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde...

M. M.

Old 01-23-21, 02:22 AM   #3
cmdr_loslos
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, cmdr_loslos...

1 thing you have to keep in mind, should you have played SH4 or even SH5... SH3, does not extend your patrols out, after having completed the initial 1 given you, before leaving base or your home port, as it were... only SH4 & I believe SH5, does so.

What this means, is... once you have patrolled whatever area you were given to before heading out, is it. Once it's done, you can either:

1. Continue roving about, & sink any & every thing that crosses your path, should the war have started by that point in time...

OR
2. if it has not, then avoid sinking anything & head straight back to do at the port you are assigned to, which.. given the date you mentioned, would be the wisest course for now. Not attempting to sink any thing at all...

After you dock, time will fast forward by around a month, if you are going it with SH3, stock... & even around that, even if you are using a mega mod.. like CCoM, GWX, LSH3, nygm or even W.A.C., which include using SH3 Commander (which can have the time you are in port, after docking randomized... so that may turn out to be anything from a few days to that full month time frame...) which accordingly, you are using gwx as your base & SH3 Commander.

At this point, in time... your best bet, as I outlined in point 2, is to RTB & let time fast forward according to however you have it set in SH3Cmdr...

Just be aware that replies back from 'BdU', will be rather limited... unless you utilize a mod that says other things than the base stock messages you've gotten thus far, but keeping in mind there will NOT be other assignments given out, other than your primary 1 before leaving base.

Hope this info helps.. & Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde...

M. M.

Thank you for your insights and I will heed to your advice and return back to Kiel. Also should I enable the 'randomise no of days spent in base' option in sh3 commander? I also would like to point out that after 4 August, 1939 I got a radio message from gwx telling all boats in Kunigsberg(forgive me if I spell it wrong) to return to Kunigsberg port. I know I wasn't in Kunigsberg but I want to be sure if that message was intended for me as wel or not. Again, thank you for your help!

Last edited by cmdr_loslos; 01-23-21 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Grammatical error
Old 01-23-21, 02:37 AM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Thank you for your insights and I will heed to your advice and return back to Kiel. Also should I enable the 'randomise no of days spent in base' option in sh3 commander? I also would like to point out that after 4 August, 1939 I got a radio message from gwx telling all boats in Kunigsberg(forgive me if I spell it wrong) to return to Kunigsberg port. I know I wasn't in Kunigsberg but I want to be sure if that message was intended for me as wel or not. Again, thank you for your help!
As for selecting the randomize days in port option in SH3Cmdr... I leave that to you to decide to do or not. Select it if you want to have the time in port randomized... or don't. Again, completely up to you...

As for the messsage about uboats to return to what is now Kalinisgrad, Russia... nope.. that was radio chatter for uboats that would have been assigned to there when it was called that, with BdU getting forces marshalled together to begin the invasion into what is now called Gdansk, but was called Danzig, iirc... as it is called in SH5. The start point in TWoS mod for SH5.

Head back to Kiel, & if am not mistaken, you should get I think a message to request a transfer which.. should rebase you at Wilhelmshaven.... or not get 1 & remain there at Kiel, before getting rebased in Brest, if I recall that right, that is if you started off with Flotilla 1 as you uboat group. Wilhelmshaven, is the main base for flotilla group 2... & goes to Lorient later on in the war as does flotilla 1 with Brest. You'll get messages letting you know where to move to when it is time to do so.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.

Old 01-23-21, 03:17 AM   #5
cmdr_loslos
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
As for selecting the randomize days in port option in SH3Cmdr... I leave that to you to decide to do or not. Select it if you want to have the time in port randomized... or don't. Again, completely up to you...

As for the messsage about uboats to return to what is now Kalinisgrad, Russia... nope.. that was radio chatter for uboats that would have been assigned to there when it was called that, with BdU getting forces marshalled together to begin the invasion into what is now called Gdansk, but was called Danzig, iirc... as it is called in SH5. The start point in TWoS mod for SH5.

Head back to Kiel, & if am not mistaken, you should get I think a message to request a transfer which.. should rebase you at Wilhelmshaven.... or not get 1 & remain there at Kiel, before getting rebased in Brest, if I recall that right, that is if you started off with Flotilla 1 as you uboat group. Wilhelmshaven, is the main base for flotilla group 2... & goes to Lorient later on in the war as does flotilla 1 with Brest. You'll get messages letting you know where to move to when it is time to do so.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.

Sorry I don't understand what 'rebase' or 'transfer' is and I also didn't get any message regarding the same when I returned to base. My uboat's a U-19 type IIA.
Old 01-23-21, 04:44 AM   #6
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901

Hi, there should only be one h.sie suplement folder in the Mod folder
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 08:45 AM   #7
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

What ivanov.rusian said. Also, the news/weather message is you being told to provide it, not getting it.
It simply means to provide another status report in that time frame.
Old 01-23-21, 09:01 AM   #8
cmdr_loslos
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanov.ruslan View Post
Hi, there should only be one h.sie suplement folder in the Mod folder
Like I have the v16b1 supplement mod in the mod folder of the main game or do you mean to say something else? Forgive me if the question seems dumb as I am not that good with computers lol.
Old 01-23-21, 11:10 AM   #9
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Like I have the v16b1 supplement mod in the mod folder of the main game or do you mean to say something else? Forgive me if the question seems dumb as I am not that good with computers lol.
1. All the messages you listed in your original post are what you should be getting for routine status reports. They change if you sink something.
2. Your mod list of:
gwx3.0
4gb patch
sh3 commander
hsie hardcore fixes< --These two are
v16b1 supplement < -- the same thing.
Optional O2 gauge
gwx 16km visibility mod
arb widescreen mod

All H.sie patch items should be in one folder, the "Supplement" folder. You also don't need the 4gb patch as it is part of H.sie's patch already and SH3 Commander is a separate program vs a mod.
Old 01-23-21, 12:08 PM   #10
cmdr_loslos
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
1. All the messages you listed in your original post are what you should be getting for routine status reports. They change if you sink something.
2. Your mod list of:
gwx3.0
4gb patch
sh3 commander
hsie hardcore fixes< --These two are
v16b1 supplement < -- the same thing.
Optional O2 gauge
gwx 16km visibility mod
arb widescreen mod

All H.sie patch items should be in one folder, the "Supplement" folder. You also don't need the 4gb patch as it is part of H.sie's patch already and SH3 Commander is a separate program vs a mod.
Yeah sorry I should have listed them as one but all hsie patch items are in the supplement folder.
Old 01-23-21, 12:24 PM   #11
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Ok, then if I understand your original post correctly everything is working as it should be.
Old 01-23-21, 12:26 PM   #12
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Also, if desired Stiebler's patch has an option to request a new patrol grid.
Old 01-23-21, 11:45 PM   #13
cmdr_loslos
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Also, if desired Stiebler's patch has an option to request a new patrol grid.
Thanks for tip

Tags
bdu, gwx 3.0, hsie, sh3, sh3commander