SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-21-21, 10:49 PM   #1
SiNiKiD
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
wolf_howl15 Silent Hunter III and GWX 3.0

Hello All,

It's been about 13 years since I played Silent Hunter III, and I would like to replay the game with Grey Wolves (GWX) 3.0. However, it's been a while since I was able to do the set up properly. The last time I did this was when Windows Vista was released to the public. I currently own the game through Steam, and tried to do install the game on Windows 10. However, I have not been having any success, and this has frustrated me. I really want to replay this game, but I need help as to relearning the installation as a lot has changed in the last 13 years.

Below are the following questions:

(01) In order for this game to successfully function, what do I need. I know I need Silent Hunter III and GWX 3.0 (have GWX3.exe and 7 parts downloaded). I know that both of these are a necessity, but what else do I need to install?

(02) How does the installation layout need to look for this to be a success?

(03) Is there a PDF that provides step-by-step instructions as what to do, what to install, and where? If so, where is it? If not, would someone be so kind to help me through this endeavor? I am a very visual person.

Please help me with this endeavor. I will be greatly appreciative to your act of kindness. Also, realize that I am not a very tech-savvy person, so be patient with me. Take care.
SiNiKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 01:23 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

SiNiKiD!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 07:35 PM   #3
zoinks
A-ganger

Downloads: 7

I've been using the mod from Onealex. It uses GWX 3.0 as a base. Everything configured in one easy download.

version 1.39 2.9 gig file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Fi...DmQDVAE1Y/view

mod discussion:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=248010
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey wolves, grey wolves expansion, gwx 3.0, sh3, silent hunter 3