SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-28-20, 05:08 AM   #1
utops
Planesman

Downloads: 202
Uploads: 0
Default GWX under Linux/Wine/dxvk display problems

Hi,

Finally i menage to run game but, there is a problem with captain roster room
everything is black, only hovering mouse on interactive places like crew roster, upgrade screen, generate spotlight on those things, but besides that everything is pitchblack, brefing screen, upgrade screen also is black so i can't see what patrol grid i am supose to patrol
In 3d environment everything works perfect performance is good
except in 2d screen mission orderd is infested with that dread blackness all over it so i can't see
This is fresh GWX moded game without any addons
specs:
Intel HD 4000 Ivy Bridge
Arch Linux
Wine 5.16
dxkv 1.7.1

Maybe somebody got this issue and menage to resolve it, it would be so cool if so
utops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 01:57 PM   #2
diego_gut
Soundman

Downloads: 25

It runs perfectly for me under steam proton but I have not been able to use widescreen mods under linux. I have a Nvidia graphics card though.

Regards
diego_gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 11:50 AM   #3
utops
Planesman

Downloads: 202

Okay,
On default d3d wine mode i am experiencing checkered smoke and foam
anyone with intel hd4000 can confirm that or tell what to do to eliminate this
graphical bug?

so far i was able to report this as a bug to official winehq bugzilla and there will be long long time to see it reviewed and fixed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zrzut ekranu z 2020-10-03 11-45-21.jpg (15.0 KB, 9 views)
utops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 03:50 PM   #4
vlad86
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 20

Sorry for making it so late, but yeah. I can confirm. I actually tried two different laptops, both have an Intel Integrated GPU (6th and 8th gen), the second one an old Radeon WX3100. I got the same black screen problem in all three. Used to play like that, as it is the only way of having working widescreen and with that some useful GUIS, but eventually I gave up as the game gets unplayable for the campaign (boat looks ok, but you can't read messages from the radio, you'll only get a black screen, so you'll miss important info from BDU).

I also got the annoying checkered smoke bug, and don't know how to remove it. Just learnt to live with it too...

My recommendation: Deactivate DXVK/VK3D (easy to do if you use Lutris), go for a nice 4:3 GUI. My recommendation is Rafael GUI. It'll be perfect if it wasn't that there is no stopwatch available in the map screen. I am thinking in modifying it just to add that feature! And about the smoke... Well, think of it as all ships need to change the catalyzers in their stacks: Not much else can be done.

Good luck! Despite the caveats I think this is eally worth it: No other simulators get even close to SH3.
vlad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 02:26 PM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

vlad86!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gwx, intel, linux, wine