SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-05-14, 07:41 PM   #46
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalj View Post
@Skybird, the Android version has been updated and that graphics issue should be resolved now. Let me know if you have any more problems with it.
Thanks for the note, I made a mental copy.
Old 11-20-14, 03:12 PM   #47
capitalj
Dev Team

Downloads: 0
Battle Fleet 2 on Steam

Great news! Battle Fleet 2 has just launched on Steam! We were successfully greenlit by the community, so I wanted to reach out with an extra special thank you to everyone who voted for the game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/332490

If you want to learn more about the game, there's a great Let's Play video from one of the curators on the game's front page.
capitalj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-14, 09:21 PM   #48
capitalj
Dev Team

Turret naming question

Hey guys, I'm adding a new turret position to the game. One that is centerline on a ship and can fire port and starboard but not fore or aft (like a bowtie). Similar to the center gun and torpedo launchers on some WW2 destroyers, like this fletcher class:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s3/sh...14733ffe1d14ed

Anyone have any idea what to call that turret position? The existing turret positions in the game are just called by the direction they face (fore, aft, port, starboard).
Old 12-01-14, 02:18 PM   #49
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Downloads: 282

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalj View Post
Hey guys, I'm adding a new turret position to the game. One that is centerline on a ship and can fire port and starboard but not fore or aft (like a bowtie). Similar to the center gun and torpedo launchers on some WW2 destroyers, like this fletcher class:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s3/sh...14733ffe1d14ed

Anyone have any idea what to call that turret position? The existing turret positions in the game are just called by the direction they face (fore, aft, port, starboard).
How about mid-turret
Lewis Wingerter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 06:34 PM   #50
Skybird
Soaring

Hi,

I have given the game a second try. The earlier complained graphical problems are no longer there. But they got replaced with another graphcial problem: the campaign map is totally corrupted, I get some flag icons, and then only mostly a black screen with some pixel-salad here and there. Campaign therefor is unplayable, no sea, no land, jno shorelines to be seen, nothing.

Singly missions work well. Funny game for the break between two hours. But campaign is a total technical fail.

Samsung Galaxy 10.1, Android 4.4.2

P.S.
Also entering the setup menu often ends in the game freezing and me being unable to leave to the main screen. I must use the third icon in the Android bottom tab, and from the desktop then manually end the process and restart new.
Old 12-17-14, 06:10 PM   #51
Skybird
Soaring

Versiopn 1.13 just arrived this evening, solving all the problems.
Old 12-24-14, 08:46 AM   #52
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Downloads: 282
Default ref update for PC

Hi I have gotten the 1.3 upgrade for my android. I also got the game for my PC . I have not been able to upgrade on my PC and I at 1.1.

I did find one small bug with the enemy(either side) sub. When the sub fire his second torpedo he also fire the deck gun.
Lewis Wingerter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-15, 03:06 AM   #53
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Battle Fleet 2 Updated to 1.13

Quote:
Happy New Year!
Happy 2015 and thank you for a fantastic launch year for Battle Fleet 2. I've heard a lot of great feedback and suggestions for future features and had a chance to add some of them in over the past few updates.

If you don't have a PC/Mac copy of the game yet, or want to make a last minute gift, the game is on sale for 15% off on Steam until tomorrow (Jan 2nd).
Update 1.13 is now live on Steam, iPad and Android platforms, and will be updated on Desura and Mac App Store shortly as well.

The update brings a lot of fixes, tweaks and a few new features:

- Brand new campaign mode for the Pacific campaign: Clean Slate. This mode allows you to build your fleet from scratch instead of using the historical layout.
- Game Center Achievements added (for iPad & Mac App Store versions)
- Airfields and coastal artillery leave wreckage when destroyed instead of just disappearing like they used to.
- Destroyers now have 2 mid turrets that fire to both port and starboard, but can no longer carry a medium gun (which never made much sense for a small ship like that).
- Depth charge launchers have an increased firing arc.
- Multiplayer chat has an "incoming communication" message when the other player is typing.
- Kick button added next to player's names in multiplayer.
- General balance tweaks, improvements to AI and campaign AI.
- Fixed 0000 power bug.
- Fixed sabotage bug.
- Added label when a ship is sabotaged or has it's bridge disabled.
- Added "Unavailable" label to your territory ship list so you can quickly see which ships you can move.
- Fixes to localizations.
- Fixed airfield defend bug.
- Submarines retain their highlight diamond when zoomed in.
- Other bug fixes...

Quote:
Island and terrain improvements
The next goal is to complete the Atlantic campaign, unfortunately the Indiegogo didn't raise very much funding so it won't be as fast as expected, but hopefully it will be ready within the next few months. One of the other improvements that are coming around the same time are better quality islands and terrain.

See more at http://www.battlefleetgame.com/
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-15, 06:08 PM   #54
capitalj
Dev Team

Icon14 Steam Summer Sale

Hi everyone, Battle Fleet 2 is on sale this week as part of the Steam Summer Sale. It is 50% off:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/332490/

There's also news about the upcoming Atlantic update:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/3324...64995854601009
Old 06-18-15, 09:06 PM   #55
jfleet
Bilge Rat

Default Battle Fleet 2 is on sale at 50% off at Steam!

Hi everyone, Battle Fleet 2 is on sale this week as part of the Steam Summer Sale. It is 50% off:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/332490/

There's also news about the upcoming Atlantic update:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/3324...64995854601009
jfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-15, 11:04 AM   #56
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

More details here

Quote:
The Atlantic Update Is Here! (1.20)

After quite a long time in development the new Atlantic campaign is finally available and ready to download as a free update!

Version 1.20 features:
• Full Atlantic Campaign
• Troop Transports
• 10 New Single Battle and Multiplayer Maps modeled after real world Atlantic locations
• AI improvements
• Russian language added
• Balance and stat tweaks
• Ship build limits at shipyards
Atlantic Campaign:
The Atlantic campaign features both historical and clean slate game modes. The factions are the Allies (UK flag) and Axis (German flag). Currently these are only available in the campaign but I am planning on adding them as selectable factions in all other game modes. WARNING: Save games from some older versions of the game may not load correctly, if you are in the middle of a campaign and don't want to risk losing it, please wait to update.

Troop Transports:
These are required to take certain territories in both campaigns. When you select a territory there is now a detail panel that opens up with information about that territory and the number of transports required to take it over. These transports must survive the battle, if they do not the attacker will retreat after the battle. You can build transports at shipyards like any other ships and they are armed with one standard size turret.

Shipyards:
Shipyards are now limited to building 5 ships per turn, which prevents bunching up of large fleets at one shipyard and makes a bit more sense

AI Improvements:
AI now moves their support ships (transports and carriers) out of harms way instead of heading into combat. The campaign AI is also completely new with a tougher Captain difficulty level and more logical fleet formations, but as it is so new there may be a few bugs and strange choices by the AI so please feel free to report any issues to help optimize it in future updates.

Retreat:
If you end a mission during a campaign your fleet will retreat like usual but you will also lose 1/2 of your ships. It made the campaign too easy if you could always retreat without consequences.

Thanks your everyone's support and patience!

-Jedrzej Jonasz
Battle Fleet 2 Developer
Old 12-05-15, 08:45 AM   #57
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Battle Fleet 2 Proceeds Donated To USS Arizona Memorial and Pacific Historic Parks

Quote:
To honor the 74th anniversary of the Dec 7th 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor, we are proud to announce that we will donate 50% of profits from Dec 5th-7th 2015 of Battle Fleet 2 sales to the Pacific Historic Parks and USS Arizona Memorial located in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Help us support a great cause and share this post to spread the word, or give the gift of a full broadside and buy a copy of the game for a friend for the holidays
Old 12-09-15, 10:31 AM   #58
beanodublin
Swabbie

Downloads: 670
Icon10 Been away for some time

Hi folks beano here iv been away a long time, Had to spend a lot
of time in hospital,But im back have to play my fav games talk to
you all again.

Dublinbeano.
beanodublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 11:00 AM   #59
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back

beanodublin! glad your back and out of the hospital!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-15, 12:09 PM   #60
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Join The Online Tournament Dec 27th 4-8pm PST

Want to try out multiplayer?... this is the best time to do it! We are holding an online Battle Fleet 2 Tournament on Sunday December 27th from 4-8pm PST. Everyone is welcome to participate, new & seasoned players alike!

How Can I Participate?

It's easy! Open the game & play as many multiplayer battles as you want on Sunday December 27th between 4 - 8pm PST. That's it!

The player with the most Prestige Points earned during that period of time will be crowned the champion! The Tournament results will be posted on our social channels for all to see. Let your battle exploits live on in infamy!

Details are listed below

- All battles between 4PM PST (UTC-8) and 8PM PST on Sunday December 27th 2015 will be counted in the tournament.
- Battles must start before 8PM PST to be considered.
- Battle Fleet 2 version 1.2 or higher is required. Please check the version number at the bottom of the game's main menu.
- Any prestige point limit is valid.
- Any map is valid.
- Any ships are valid.
- Any platforms are valid, including PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Amazon.
- Battle must last for at least 1 turn.
- Scores and usernames of all participants will be posted on the Battle Fleet 2 social / media channels.

http://www.battlefleetgame.com/index.html

Tags
battleship, ipad, strategy, wargame, ww2