SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-02-14, 02:20 PM   #16
P_Funk
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 128
Uploads: 0

The reason I like torrents is that as long as anyone who has the file still wants the file it'll be online, assuming they seed.

Its passive, democratic, self sustaining, redundant, nearly free.

I wish more SH3 files were on torrents. If there were even one massive torrent with everything you wouldn't even need to have everyone have all the files. As long as you have a piece you will share that piece. Someone uploads all of Fubar's skins to a one big torrent and you only want the type IXB skins you will continue to share those skins.

If a cadre of dedicated and generous simmers will throw money at subsim to keep it going, whats a little bandwidth every month?

Thats the other thing too. Everytime I download from subsim I'm taking something away. The only way to give back is with dollars and cents. But torrents, you can give back everything you've taken just by seeding and seeding a torrent for even 5 or 10 gigabytes of uploaded data is infinitely cheaper than paying for similar levels of bandwidth on a file server.

P_Funk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gwx, setup, sh3