SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-13-17, 09:00 PM   #7396
daveinfla2002
Swabbie

Downloads: 420
Uploads: 0
Default question please

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCQ_SH View Post
Hi All,

I just came back after a break and I left my campaign in the Mediterranean with TWoS v 1.05.

I changed my HD to a SSD so everything is fresh and updated to TWoS 1.6. I am using the same mods as before where evrything worked fine, but now that I went on patrol, I am in the perfect position to hit a large convoy, everything goes fine till I get pinned or the flashlight searches for my periscope. At that first ping from the destroyer I get a CTD.

Any ideas why would this be happening?

Thanks.

Mod List:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Update 05i
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Encrypted BdU Orders
Change days in bunker
DeckGun Friendly Waves_Test
New Torpedoes Explosion - FX Update add-on
RUSTED GLORY SH5
where do I get encrypted orders???
daveinfla2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-17, 11:03 PM   #7397
Katze
Loader

Downloads: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinfla2002 View Post
where do I get encrypted orders???
It is a mod included in the base expansion pack : The Wolves of Steel 1.06.00 SH5 Expansion Pack: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4861
Katze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 12:01 AM   #7398
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakket View Post
hello and thank you for answering, my SH5 is updated, it had already installed the previous version of twos, replaced with the new 1.6 and update
Hi jakket
from mainly page of TWoS:

"Full game reinstallation is highly recommended when replacing old with new megamod version (for example v1.05 to v1.06) !"

Old 03-14-17, 02:18 AM   #7399
Katze
Loader

Default Lunar Phases fix

Hi all. After installing DynEnv v2.9 many years ago, and recently also TWOS, I noticed the moon phases were reversed, with the lit side of the moon facing away from the sun. EG: lit side of waxing sun was eastern limb and after full moon the waning moon was lit on the west limb. (Northern Hemisphere)

I have modified the moon.dds from DynEnv v2.9 - 01. Main Mod to correct the mistake, matching the phases in the original graphic. Credit for the new graphic goes to the maker(s) of DynEnv v2.9 mod and creator of the moon.dds graphic therein. Original SH5 moon file is included as MoonOriginal.dds

Feel free to incorporate this fix in future TWOS updates! Awesome community and great mod. TY all for the hard work.
-Katze

Unzip to the Silent Hunter 5 Mods folder and install using JGSME after DynEnv v2.9 - 01. Main Mod, or if using TWOS, after 2. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Update 09.

*EDIT: Whoops, 1.1 fix on the way: New testing showed waxing moon was inverted and flipped in game.. silly me thought they'd use the images consistently.
New link to 1.1: https://www.mediafire.com/?nh6hmwbpa62jovz

Last edited by Katze; 03-16-17 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-14-17, 02:52 AM   #7400
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakket View Post
Hello everyone, not sure where to post this question, I have a problem with the display card, the identification manual appears blocked, the box of the charts appear blacks, I followed the instructions, direct x-date etc., SH5 game for years, now with twos 1.6 this happened to me, can anyone help? or tell me where to turn?
Compatibility mode ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCQ_SH View Post
Are dolphins large convoys without a ship skin?
Of course not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katze View Post

I have modified the moon.dds from DynEnv v2.9 - 01. Main Mod to correct the mistake, matching the phases in the original graphic. Credit for the new graphic goes to the maker(s) of DynEnv v2.9 mod and creator of the moon.dds graphic therein. Original SH5 moon file is included as MoonOriginal.dds

Feel free to incorporate this fix in future TWOS updates! Awesome community and great mod. TY all for the hard work.
-Katze

Unzip to the Silent Hunter 5 Mods folder and install using JGSME after DynEnv v2.9 - 01. Main Mod, or if using TWOS, after 2. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Update 09.

https://www.mediafire.com/?ux9cjtuuqv68b0c
Thank you very much Katze! I'll certainly do that in next update...

Last edited by vdr1981; 03-14-17 at 04:04 AM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 06:42 PM   #7401
d_ted
Swabbie

Downloads: 68
Support

Good Days Cap'ns

Dear vdr1981

I can not find TWoS 1.06_Snapshot.gps file anywhere in SH5 install folder. -Re-Installed and searched twice.

Please explain which TDW Generic Patcher options needed to be enabled and which options must left disabled.

Or if possible please share TWoS 1.06_Snapshot.gps file for me(us).

Thank you.

Edit_1: I did not read 500 pages of comments, please forgive my laziness if mentioned and solved before.

Edit_2:
Code:
Ok I found the file after third install. 

Solution: I disabled my AV and reinstalled TWoS again. I have Eset NOD32 9.

Last edited by d_ted; 03-14-17 at 07:41 PM.
d_ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 12:10 PM   #7402
d_ted
Swabbie

Support

Hello fellow Cap'ns

I have a little problem again.

I recieve warnings after load a saved game every time from TWoS 1.06 Campaign Advance Verifier Testing mod.

I installed TWoS 1.06 as explained in Install Instructions TWoS 1.06_New.rtf file...

But I edited few TWoS files, changed some TDW Patcher and TDW UserOptions for my personal preferences.

I edited torpedoes_g7a-e.zone, shells.zon, DC_X_H.zon and DC_barrels.zon in TWoS 1.06 and edited GameplaySettings.cfg in TWoS 1.06 - Update 09.

I disabled most "Torpedo options" from TDW Patcher (left crew abilities and detonator options unchanged) , enabled "Minimum 0 Wind Speed" option and disebled "Disable Automatic Battery Recharge" and "Increase CO2 generation rate" options.

Can't remember which options I changed in TDW User Options but disabled and enabled all mods after that.

My Mod Order is

TWoS 1.06
TWoS 1.06-Update 09
TWoS 1.06-Encrypted BdU Orders
TWoS 1.06-Increased Flooding via Zone
TWoS 1.06-DeckGun Friendly Waves
TWoS 1.06-UI cmd_Radio Reports
TWoS 1.06-Advance Verifier Testing

So do you have any idea why I recieve warnings continuously from TWoS Campaign Anvance Verifier Testing?
Old 03-15-17, 05:01 PM   #7403
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_ted View Post
Hello fellow Cap'ns

I recieve warnings after load a saved game every time from TWoS 1.06 Campaign Advance Verifier Testing mod.

I installed TWoS 1.06 as explained in Install Instructions TWoS 1.06_New.rtf file...

But I edited few TWoS files, changed some TDW Patcher and TDW UserOptions for my personal preferences.

I edited torpedoes_g7a-e.zone, shells.zon, DC_X_H.zon and DC_barrels.zon in TWoS 1.06 and edited GameplaySettings.cfg in TWoS 1.06 - Update 09.

I disabled most "Torpedo options" from TDW Patcher (left crew abilities and detonator options unchanged) , enabled "Minimum 0 Wind Speed" option and disebled "Disable Automatic Battery Recharge" and "Increase CO2 generation rate" options.

Can't remember which options I changed in TDW User Options but disabled and enabled all mods after that.

My Mod Order is

TWoS 1.06
TWoS 1.06-Update 09

So do you have any idea why I recieve warnings continuously from TWoS Campaign Anvance Verifier Testing?
Export your modlist with JSGME and contact Old Coder...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=352902
Old 03-15-17, 06:31 PM   #7404
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL!TZKR!EG View Post
Why is here no link included (to V1.2.0) ?
Because these are mod's install instructions, not "how to install the game" tutorial. As far as I am concerned, people should know how to install and configure their games before game modding...
Old 03-16-17, 01:08 AM   #7405
Katze
Loader

Default Lunar Phases fix 1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katze View Post
Hi all. After installing DynEnv v2.9 many years ago, and recently also TWOS, I noticed the moon phases were reversed, with the lit side of the moon facing away from the sun. EG: lit side of waxing sun was eastern limb and after full moon the waning moon was lit on the west limb. (Northern Hemisphere)

-Katze
** 1.1 update:
Sorry I missed this, as my original testing was on waning moon from Full to New [2 weeks long of campaign time], but new campaign testing shows the waxing moon is inverted and mirrored when viewed in-game.. silly me thought they'd use the images consistently.
Should now be fixed if the rest of waxing phases follow the pattern inverted and mirrored.

New link to 1.1: https://www.mediafire.com/?nh6hmwbpa62jovz

Let me know if there is anything else I might have missed!
Old 03-16-17, 05:16 AM   #7406
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi B
You have to put SH3 out of your mind as SH5 does not work in the same way.
When SH5 is installed it comes with version v1.0.5 installed.
The support folder will lead you to a GamesUpdater folder where you can run the patch application to update to v 1.2
This is update is compulsory.
Unlike SH3 and SH4, SH5 is controlled by Uplay.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 09:31 AM   #7407
OldCoder
Soundman

Downloads: 24

Quote:
Hello fellow Cap'ns

My Mod Order is

TWoS 1.06
TWoS 1.06-Update 09

Received your PM; replying here. What is the warning exactly?
OldCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 10:01 AM   #7408
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:

So far I'm aware of two reasons:

- Enabled "Disable Uplay Browser" advanced patches...
- "Internet" version of the game which is freed from all Uplay crap...
Old 03-16-17, 12:31 PM   #7409
d_ted
Swabbie

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
So far I'm aware of two reasons:

- Enabled "Disable Uplay Browser" advanced patches...
- "Internet" version of the game which is freed from all Uplay crap...
Thanks for your answers.

The game is ~17 (~7) years old I don't want to use my "non-internet" version of the game. I don't have an option to buy another non-steam/retail copy of the game and want to keep my DVD many more years.

Last edited by d_ted; 03-16-17 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-16-17, 12:42 PM   #7410
OldCoder
Soundman

Downloads: 24

It could be that. If the OSI exe does not start up when running the game, by definition then there's nothing to respond to the gamepipe requests, and campaign advance check may fail.
OldCoder is offline   Reply With Quote