SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-25-11, 10:03 AM   #16
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSGdesign View Post
In the earlier days of me playing (not long ago) I used to sink them with AA. Until I got subs that didn't allow the AA to point below the horizon due to being in the nest at the back of the con-tower.

At the time they were plotted on the map for me too, but I seem to have lost that feature for some bizarre reason... now I can only find them by hunting for them with binocs.

I never blew one up with a torpedo though (never tried) and I never had anyone shoot at me.

In fact I pulled right up along side one for a journal once and danced with it for quite awhile trying to get a nice screenshot... it scraped along my side (kinda funny cuz it was all metallic sounding even though it was a rubber life raft) and if they were going to take a shot at me they would have. I ended up sailing off, having gotten the right screenshot for the storyline.

Could be they didn't shoot cuz they weren't armed cuz they came off a fishing boat maybe?
I just tried again to get IJN seamen from a life boat to react to anything we did and there was no reaction from them. They definitely did not shoot at the boat. I was a bit disappointed. They were merchantmen however but I've a feeling that the creators of the game probably did not have the time to incorporate this feature. Maybe sometime in the future someone can upgrade one of the lifeboat mods but still, just to get the seamen to shoot at the boat would be a lot of work for a mod (I think).
Good Hunting all!
D40

Tags
sh4, shiv, silent hunter 4, survivors