SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-04-10, 04:22 PM   #1
DelphiUniverse
中国水兵

Downloads: 125
Uploads: 0
Default Editing game files

Hi people.

I have this dream. I dream that I can play the "Total Germany" campaign all the way from the beginning with the best uboat available from the beginning. I want the best uboat, the best equipment available from the beginning of the campaign.

My question is, where can i find the configuration files to make this happen? I tried editing the basic.cfg, I spent half an hour changing the values in that file, then I finally played the game and NOTHING was changed at all. I dont know why. Perhaps the basic.cfg file is only for the AI computer.

Can anyone tell me what file I should edit to make the best uboat available from the beginning of the campaign? Preferably also all available equipment for that uboat as well. If you know how I can alter the amount of renown you start with that would be cool too.

Thanks for all support.
DelphiUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 07:41 PM   #2
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

To the OP, take a look in the Mods Workshop and there is someone who has uploaded the equipment.upc and sensors.upc files that will let you have the best upgrades and equipment right away. Also, search for the ID: of Seawolf and he has the mod of Gunship Sub Beta on his website (found in his sig) that will start you off in 1939 with the VII C/41. Otherwise you can find the start campaign with the VIIB file somewhere in the downloads section.
Old 08-05-10, 06:00 PM   #3
DelphiUniverse
中国水兵

I can't seem to find the equipment.upc and sensors.upc file in the download section. I tried to search for it.

I'd really want to play the campaign from the beginning of the game with the latest sub and equipment. It would be awesome.

Can you help me locate the files for me?
Old 08-05-10, 06:23 PM   #4
Lord Justice
Previously 4Para

Downloads: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelphiUniverse View Post
I can't seem to find the equipment. I tried to search for it.
Gosh!! Iam affraid in this instance i cannot invite you on my seedy shore leave with the ladies, as one apprehends some dissatisfaction (might arise). Pardon the manner of this post sir, thank you
Old 08-05-10, 07:07 PM   #5
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Anyways..

Go to the Silent Hunter 5 Mods Workshop forum and search for it.. it should be in the first 1-4 pages
Old 08-05-10, 09:11 PM   #6
DelphiUniverse
中国水兵

I found "equipment.upc and upgradepacks.upc" but I did not find "equipment.upc and sensors.upc"

I tried it, it didnt give me the best uboat, but it had a bit of new equipment available in the beginning of the campaign. However alot of equipment was missing. I uninstalled it again

I've been looking, searching for this but I just cant find it

If anyone have the files needed to unlock all uboats from the beginning of the campaign, can you please share the files with me on http://www.filesavr.com/

Just put it there, it's easy.. Thanks!
Old 08-05-10, 09:22 PM   #7
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
where can i find the configuration files to make this happen?
/data/UPCDataGE/UPCCampaignData
- Flotilla.upc
- some other file here i forget its name.

/data/UPCDataGE/UPCUnitsData
- Upack.upc
- Unitpartssomething. upc

/data/Roster/Germany/Submarine/NSS_whatever.cfg
- adjust entry dates.

/data/Submarine/NSS_Whatever/NSS_whatever.upc
- adjust entry dates

Quote:
tried editing the basic.cfg, I spent half an hour changing the values in that file, then I finally played the game and NOTHING was changed at all. I dont know why
SH5 contains leftover files from both SH3, and SH4. So in other words SH5 is bloated with legacy data from the previous two games that it doesn't use.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 08:06 AM   #8
DelphiUniverse
中国水兵

Thanks for your reply. I tried peaking into the files, it looks about right. But it is alot of work to do. I was hoping anyone have those files at hand, so that I don't have to do this work right now.
Old 08-06-10, 11:09 AM   #9
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

OK.. if you want the "best" ie: last boat available go to Seawolf's download page and look for Gunsub Beta which will start your campaign with a VIIC41.

Also, if you want to MANUALLY edit the .upc files dont forget that your not looking in the UPCData file rather like Ducimus noted you go to UPCDataGE.

Finally if that doesnt work do it the old fashion way
Old 08-06-10, 11:38 AM   #10
DelphiUniverse
中国水兵

Found it. It's here if anyone else wants it:

http://sh5mods.silenthuntermods.com/...sub%20Beta.rar

However, I have a new problem. This mod only unlocks SOME of the modern equipment, not all of it. And it didnt unlock the newest torpedoes. I would hate to sail around with the most modern ship with outdated torpedoes. I need a mod to unlock equipments and torpedoes as well. I tried "All torpedoes and weapon sensor upgrades" But it messed around with the cost of all torpedoes and it's in german, it's impossible to read any of the descriptions.

Do anyone know of a mod that unlocks all equipments and torpedoes WITHOUT messing with originality, costs, language (whatever it might be) I appreciate it if anyone know.

Alternatively: Can anyone tell me the exact name of the files I need to edit to get all torpedoes and all equipments available from 1939 ?

Last edited by DelphiUniverse; 08-06-10 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-06-10, 02:39 PM   #11
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Also please note that if you did alter the available dates for equipment and upgrades to say 1938 so they're available at the start of the game that not all of the upgrades are available on certain boats.

For example you cannot get radar or the heavy AA guns on the VIIA or B.
Old 08-06-10, 03:51 PM   #12
DelphiUniverse
中国水兵

I have the VIIC/41 u-boat. It should have way more equipment available. The painting with rubber is missing, the quad barrel flak gun is missing. I just played this game in the very end of all campaigns with the same u-boat. And I can clearly tell there is some top notch equipment missing here. SOME of it is present, but not all of it.

Do you know what file I can edit to change the dates of torpedoes and equipment?

Tags
configuration, file, game, uboat