Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-27-09, 02:15 PM   #1
Spectator
Seaman

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 0
Default Warhammer 40k - Imperial Guard Speeches - 2 Videos

Sometimes I need to channel all my nerdy / geeky energy into hilarious / crazy projects to release some pressure
Well, this is what happened recently, ... one of those times :p

Two short speeches from the Black Library Masterpiece "Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer - Damocles Gulf Edition" given a voice and a face in a funny way

Running silent, running deep, sink into your final sleep
Spectator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-09, 10:39 PM   #2
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

I used to play Warhammer 40K but stopped because the mini's got so expensive. I switched to Mutant Chronicles: Warzone which had MUCH cheaper minis.
The minis NOW for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K are all plastic now but they charge the same price they did for the metal ones ! You even get less for more with their paints.
I detest Games Workshop. They screwed me over one time too many with their games and minis.
Now, for miniature wargames, I use either home made or cheaply bought plastic minis that you can buy in bags by the hundreds.
Old 08-28-09, 06:43 AM   #3
Spectator
Seaman

Downloads: 53

Well, although I have a Dark Angels army sitting in a Case, I'm more a fan of the Black Library novels than of the game itself. I also think that Games Workshop srews their customers in many ways.

About the metal / plastic issue: I prefer plastic minis, because they're easier to modify.
Running silent, running deep, sink into your final sleep
Spectator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 08:33 AM   #4
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Have been a fan of WH since kid, but never had any of them models, just the simplified boardgames Space Crusade & Hero Quest. After the release of Warhammer Online, started to read the lore again via internet and got my first book last Christmas; complete edition of Liber Chaotica. Amazing stuff!
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 01:58 PM   #5
Terrax
Warmonger

Downloads: 0

Never played the boardgame, but started reading WH40K after playing Dawn Of War. I just counted 53 WH novels on my bookshelf, didn't realize I had read that many. I also have Liber Chaotica, but never really got into it like I have most WH novels. It's written too much like a bible for my tastes.
Old 08-28-09, 04:53 PM   #6
porphy
Commodore

Downloads: 4

Ah, 40K! I can really recommend the RPG Dark Heresy. I read the published game books for entertainment and good fluff, even though I have no players up for traditional pen and paper RPG. Looking forward to Rogue Trader this autumn as well.

I also found the "Horus Heresy Collected visions" well worth the investment. The book gives you plenty of WH 40K art and the general background story.
I haven't read many of the novels, but got through the Eisenhorn omnibus and Ravenor books, which were ok. I found the collection "Let the Galaxy Burn" more fun though.
And if you feel really nostalgic, pay through the nose for the two hardcover volumes of Realm of Chaos (Slaves to Darkness & The lost and the Damned) on ebay, though they are not 40K only. I think Liber Chaotica is a compilation from the two of them.

cheers porphy

"A paranoid is simply someone in possession of all the facts."
W. B.
porphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 05:53 PM   #7
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

I have my old Space Wolves lead and pewter pieces. I have leman Russ and his dogs. Some commanders, Abunch of grey wolf's. Tech priests and a Dreadnaught. A squad of terminators with a librarian.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Lema...%28primarch%29

I also have the epic set table top game with the age of heresy.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/19552
I had a custom table setup with all the forces laid out into a battle. Very cool stuff. unfortunate my cousine at the time thought it to be fun and play with it. She damaged my setup. I stored the stuff since then.

Then Came Space Hulk PC game,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_H...mputer_game%29
That was cool... Loved the music.

Later my buddy and I invested in Space hulk,
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2163
with some of the expansions.

Its been a long time since I've played with this stuff. there all painted and are boxed in storage. Its been what.. almost 20 years since I touched this stuff?

Worst part was this stuff always expensive. There was times when your a kid and say hmmm what to buy this guy or that guy.. Lead or pewter?

I made all the flags, banners and badges all detailed paint job. finished with inks and protective coats.

I'm getting the itch to resurrect my old work...
Old 08-29-09, 12:17 AM   #8
Terrax
Warmonger

Downloads: 0

I bought the Collected Visions book on Amazon for $20 last year. I love it, it's much better than Chaotica. If it's been 20 years since you've touched the Imperium, I imagine it's changed quite a bit since the official fluff has changed a lot over the years.
Old 08-29-09, 10:50 AM   #9
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrax View Post
I bought the Collected Visions book on Amazon for $20 last year. I love it, it's much better than Chaotica. If it's been 20 years since you've touched the Imperium, I imagine it's changed quite a bit since the official fluff has changed a lot over the years.
Ya the last book I bought was the Space wolves codex. I hear alot of fluff changes.. many fans don't like what gamers workshop has done to warhammer 40k and may other games too.

I have DOW and DOWII I like the necrons.. there cool. I don't like DOWII too much I think they've ruined the game system too much. Doesn't resemble table top rules.

Tags
fun, funny, speech, warhammer 40k