SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-09-10, 09:23 AM   #16
funkster319
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

One thing to note: The Stadimeter should be placed at the highest mast point not on top of the funnel I think?
Old 03-09-10, 10:03 AM   #17
charognard
Navy Dude

Downloads: 201
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfo91 View Post
Please, someone can explane me the "3.15 rule"?????
Spot a ship on the map, wait 3"15, spot again the ship on the map. Now take the mesurement between the 2 points, x10 you have the target speed ( and cap )
charognard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 10:25 AM   #18
birdy
Helmsman

Downloads: 19

thanks
birdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 10:54 AM   #19
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Yes 1 degree can make a big difference at long range That shot was close to 4340 meters out. That can have a margin of almost 50 meters just from 1 degree.
Again the method I employed is quick to calculate while you have your target in the scope.
While I do trake targets over alonger period and set up there tracks with more percesion. and have my AoB preset for a certain radial that the target will cross over before firing.
This is a quick and easy method that works for me over 90% of the time at close and long range.
And that for achives more kills than trying to line up numbers with the Auto method (If one could call it auto ).

Will try to get a new more indepth vid done soon.
I was just nitpicking you LOL.

But seriously, it was more than one degree.. it was like 6 degrees. You didn't have your scope on the target when you entered 120 degrees. When you slewed your scope onto him to take the shot, the AOB moved along with the scope to like 126 degrees.

That said, AOB CAN be fudged alittle (i consider 5 degree error acceptable). Which is why i always shake my head when i see people doing long math formulas to figure it out.
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 11:16 AM   #20
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfo91 View Post
Please, someone can explane me the "3.15 rule"?????
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...93&postcount=4

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 12:25 PM   #21
Jeevz
A-ganger

Downloads: 35

Where did you get the bearing overlay on the sub?

Jeevz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 02:30 PM   #22
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkster319 View Post
One thing to note: The Stadimeter should be placed at the highest mast point not on top of the funnel I think?
I think its being found that a more accurate result has being got bt placing it on the funnel in SH5, could be wrong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
I was just nitpicking you LOL.

But seriously, it was more than one degree.. it was like 6 degrees. You didn't have your scope on the target when you entered 120 degrees. When you slewed your scope onto him to take the shot, the AOB moved along with the scope to like 126 degrees.

That said, AOB CAN be fudged alittle (i consider 5 degree error acceptable). Which is why i always shake my head when i see people doing long math formulas to figure it out.
Not at all Gutted, thanks for the observation. Yes you are right looking back over it ther is a few degrees in it. I'm still used to doing it the SH4 way where the scope followed the target when locked.
DId a few tests since in SH5 and yes if you click on the contact on the map as your doing the AoB with the protractor the scope swings back on to the target. This will give the correct AoB for that instance.

Sorry almost missed you Jeevz, I found it in the mod section mentioned in a post was originally from the French forum.
If you can't find it I could reupload but I don't know who the credit belongs to?
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 02:34 PM   #23
funkster319
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I think its being found that a more accurate result has being got bt placing it on the funnel in SH5, could be wrong though.
Yeah I think you may well be right actually.
Old 03-09-10, 02:47 PM   #24
Jeevz
A-ganger

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Sorry almost missed you Jeevz, I found it in the mod section mentioned in a post was originally from the French forum.
If you can't find it I could reupload but I don't know who the credit belongs to?
Hmph. I tried downloading that one twice and the rar was corrupt both times. I'll have to try it again.

Edit: 3rd time's a charm I guess, it worked that time.

Last edited by Jeevz; 03-09-10 at 03:26 PM.
Jeevz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 03:43 PM   #25
Maltro
Soundman

Downloads: 14

Thanks for tips. I have seen an interesting tool on your video and I can't find it in the mods workshop threads. I am not very good at English that is maybe why... But could you help me to find the mod wich bring back the dial (compass) that you have got around your sub please?

Thank you!
Old 03-10-10, 06:14 PM   #26
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltro View Post
Thanks for tips. I have seen an interesting tool on your video and I can't find it in the mods workshop threads. I am not very good at English that is maybe why... But could you help me to find the mod wich bring back the dial (compass) that you have got around your sub please?

Thank you!

I was unable to find the thread that I found the link to the Mod in, I have hosetd the file with rapidshare and will supply the linke here.
I'm afraid I don't know who created the Mod though so am unable to credit them here
If anyone knows the thread the mod is from or the creator please let me know. I will remove this if its against the rules of the forum to host others work. Just wish to post for those looking for the file but can't find it .
http://rapidshare.com/files/361694183/1500M_Overlay.rar
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 06:41 AM   #27
vballe
Watch

Downloads: 93

3.15 rule is quite simple. Make a mark on the map where your contact is and start timing. When 3 min and 15 sec has gone, make a new mark on the contact. Now take the ruler and measure the distance the target has travelled, and the speed will be 1knt for each 100 meter.

So, if you measure 1.100m between the two marks, the target speed is 11knt.
vballe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-11, 01:44 PM   #28
Poacher886
Chief

Downloads: 36

My partner just walked in the room and thought i was listening to Rolf Harris!!
Poacher886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 06:20 PM   #29
Chubster
Beach Leaf

Downloads: 162

Arghhhh, why haven't i seen this before, I've always been setting up at 90 degrees, which although works is all very repetitive and boring. with this you can pretty much fire from anywhere
Chubster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, tdc, tutorial, video