SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-05-12, 09:00 PM   #4006
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Pardon me, Mr. Dodger, for misleading you. I never meant that my crew literally did not shoot, just that they could not hit anything. My experience is apparently similar to that of others in this thread. When you let the gun crew lay the deck gun (NO pun intended!), they kill a lot of fish, but rarely hit the target. When did you ever read of a WW2 sub skipper in the US Navy pointing the deck gun? Yet that is what SH4 demands if the fire is to be effective. I realize that there are differing views of what constitutes "realism", but I find the stock game to be generally pretty weak in that regard. YMMV
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-12, 12:47 AM   #4007
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
Pardon me, Mr. Dodger, for misleading you. I never meant that my crew literally did not shoot, just that they could not hit anything. My experience is apparently similar to that of others in this thread. When you let the gun crew lay the deck gun (NO pun intended!), they kill a lot of fish, but rarely hit the target. When did you ever read of a WW2 sub skipper in the US Navy pointing the deck gun? Yet that is what SH4 demands if the fire is to be effective. I realize that there are differing views of what constitutes "realism", but I find the stock game to be generally pretty weak in that regard. YMMV
I agree to both - I thought you meant your crew would not fire the deck gun, AND they can't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle

I also mentioned that I usually fire the gun myself. For me, anyway, it makes a nice break from the usual patrol routine. I just love to watch the sails fly away when I get a good shot in.

Good hunting!
Old 09-11-12, 07:13 PM   #4008
SJFriesen
Bosun

Downloads: 87
Default hmm

So on page one the moder says to install 2.5 followed by the optional one however the dl page to the optional one isnt there. Was it just added into the newest TMO version?
SJFriesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 09:51 AM   #4009
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Optional mods are included in the 2.5 download.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 01:05 PM   #4010
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFriesen View Post
So on page one the moder says to install 2.5 followed by the optional one however the dl page to the optional one isnt there. Was it just added into the newest TMO version?
The optional MODS are located in the MODS\TMO2.5\Documentation\Optional_mods\ folder. You need to move the wanted optional mod folder to the MODS\ folder, THEN enable the optional mod with JSME.

Good Hunting!
Old 09-19-12, 04:44 AM   #4011
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hey guys check question.

Does anyone know which files control the darkness brightness at night?

The reason I ask is back in the day when I started playing 2.5 I noticed that at nights the horizon was very dark, so dark it was hard to see things at night. Turns out something small changed in one of these files did something to where it displayed weird on my rig. Using the same file from TMO 2 solved the issue and nights are again dark, yet see able.

If I recall its either the scene DAT. file or a file in the Env folder.

As I am currently installing the latest to my rig again, if I have trouble I plan on using the old file and fixing it again. If anyone could answer it would help a great deal. Either way I will post my results.
Old 09-19-12, 06:42 AM   #4012
swampy
Torpedoman

Downloads: 187

Hi,
Not sure about the installasion process. I have loaded Trigger maru overhaul 2.5 using GME.
Should I then extract Trigger maru overhaul 2.5/Documentation/optional mods and load them using GME?

Thx
swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 09:13 AM   #4013
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3222

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy View Post
Hi,
Not sure about the installasion process. I have loaded Trigger maru overhaul 2.5 using GME.
Should I then extract Trigger maru overhaul 2.5/Documentation/optional mods and load them using GME?

Thx
If you wish the optionals, extract they in the MODS folder and activate via JSGME. Example: if you wish the "gramophone" optional, extract that folder in MODS and activate. Ever you must have the structure: folder of the optional---> Data folder---> folders of the mod.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 09:40 PM   #4014
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy3129 View Post
Hey guys check question.

Does anyone know which files control the darkness brightness at night?

The reason I ask is back in the day when I started playing 2.5 I noticed that at nights the horizon was very dark, so dark it was hard to see things at night. Turns out something small changed in one of these files did something to where it displayed weird on my rig. Using the same file from TMO 2 solved the issue and nights are again dark, yet see able.

If I recall its either the scene DAT. file or a file in the Env folder.

As I am currently installing the latest to my rig again, if I have trouble I plan on using the old file and fixing it again. If anyone could answer it would help a great deal. Either way I will post my results.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by something changed a file. I've long adjusted mine, but as I recall a dark horizon was part of TMO starting at 2.2. I also can't remember what changes, if any, he made to the env. from 2.2 to 2.5.

They're several files in scene dat, Env. and filters that can effect brightness, in fact many files effect how dark the night might be, horizon, etc. Not to mention he tweaks sensors to work with these settings, so adjusting them could increase or decrease visuals.

What you could try is pulling the scene dat and Env files from 2.0, make a small mod and install it over TMO 2.5. You would get the env. look of 2.0, plus all the changes with 2.5. I can't say how or if it would effect sensors, probably minor, just have to test it.

If you don't like it, try loading Improved stock Env. I think he made a version for TMO 2.5.

If you don't like that, you could tweak your files, but understand water color, cloud colors, lighting values all have effect. I use my own mod. Basically what I did was change the colors for night to more neutral than blue and added light values around the moon for a wider halo effect. The horizon is still dark away from the moon, but the horizon show well in the moonlight. Also when the moon is overhead, night is a lil lighter. Course no moon, it's dark as hell... However, it does increase enemy visuals, but it realistically makes you plan your attack based on moonlight. The changes are simple if you need some help.

I had a thread showing several SS with different moon textures, lighting effects, colors, etc., if you want to take a look. I probably have 100 env. mods, just I think this is what I finally settled on for my night look, but at times I use one of my others.

Others
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=196108&page=4

Last edited by Armistead; 09-19-12 at 10:03 PM.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-12, 04:05 PM   #4015
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Having played it a few days it appears I am not having the trouble I was having with whatever earlier version it was.

Yes I understand the horizon was supposed to be dark, but for me, atleast then, the darkness covered the horizon making it impossible to see anything in the slightest bit of low light.

Whatever it was has apparently been resolved sometime ago.

Thanks for the help though!
Old 09-21-12, 03:42 AM   #4016
Gibus
Ensign

Downloads: 42
Default TMO_25_small_patch

Hello,

I wonder about the use of "TMO_25_small_patch."
This patch contains "CareerStart.upc" and "Flotillas.upc" dated March and July 2010, while the same files in "TMO_25" are dated December 2011.
Can someone enlighten me?
Thank you.

Gibus

"Pacific is a big ocean. You don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
Dick O'Kane
Gibus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 01:00 AM   #4017
Arael
Planesman

Downloads: 94

I'm having trouble with the Mark 14 Torpedoes. The problem is there IS no problem. It's July 1942, I've been driving a Sargo around the Indies since Pearl Harbor, I've sunk almost 80,000 tons of shipping, and so far I've had ONE dud. Every other torpedo has either missed or exploded successfully. I mean, there's been several times where the torpedoes decide to drive in some other direction than the one I aimed them at, but they pretty much always explode when they hit the target.

It's kind of sad, because I launch in salvos to guard against a dud or two. But they all detonate, so a ship that would have taken one torpedo gets torn apart by three.

I've made sure none of my mods overwrite TMO's US Torpedo files, and I've even put those files into a separate mod that I activate last to overwrite anything that might have made the torpedoes reliable. Didn't help. They still go off like clockwork.
Arael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 02:11 AM   #4018
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

It sounds like you're just very a lucky guy.

I'll admit I don't know what would be typical with TMO, though.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-12, 11:21 AM   #4019
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
You can try TMO 22 (TMO 2 plus update 2 to 22), and Traveller Mod. For me, this is a better combination than TMO 25. TMO 22 seems more stable than TMO 25.

This is my actual JSGME list (also I have radio and gramophone files, direct installation):

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[F:\SH4\MODS]

TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2
TMO_Update_20_to_22
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
SCAF for RSRDC v502_2.0
FOTRS Environment
PE4_low quality bow wave and stern wakes (more FPS)
Nav Map Make-Over v2.1
NMMO Airbase Add-on
TMO_Easier_AI
IJN_Radar_Fix_for_TMO2_Easier_AI
Fixed Zero Bomb Load RSRDC
TMO_Visuals_for_RSRDC
Convoy Routes TMO+RSRD
sobers compass mod_version color
SMALLER SEABED ROCKS
SMALLER SEA PLANTS SMALL
#4 PE4 Ship_debris_SH4_with bodies
Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton
Webster's Single Mission for Rain Test
Webster's Torpedo Test Missions for v1.5
Traveller Mod v2.02 for TMO
Webster's Missing Voices
speech_overhaul
Cold Weather Crew Clothing
Webster's Ship Manuvering Fix
Webster's Real Lifeboats Fix for v1.5
LST_TMO_v2
Traveller Mod v2.02 (TMO) Longer Sinking Times patch

This combination is very stable and no problems with any of the subs (I use mainly Gato class boats).

FOTRS Environment is the Fall of the Rising Sun megamod atmosphere, the best for me.

Also I added a lot of new ships (my own ASAT mod - Added Ships and Traffic for TMO RSRDC); is my Beta version, all fine with the mod. When I obtain the authorizations from the ships creators, I will publish my mod. I added traffic in San Francisco, San Diego, New London, the Caribbean, New york and Australian bases, and new allies and enemy convoys to RSRDC campaign, with ships from FOTRS and Operation Monsun mods, and ships converted from SH3 MFM and VonDos ships. For the moment, only for my use...

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Who can I find and download this mod: Cold Weather Crew Clothing ?
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-12, 08:43 AM   #4020
AndytotheD
Watch

Downloads: 27

I just got TMO 2.5 and damn I have never been this impressed.
This is the single best mod I have ever played.
AndytotheD is offline   Reply With Quote