SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-25-23, 10:13 PM   #1756
Rigel44
Sailor man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
Rigel44, you are not doing anything wrong, we set up the logo for U107 as if it were a Type 7B rather than a Type 9B.

i have to figure out how we connected the logos to the turms for each class of boat and then work-up a fix for you.
Vielen Dank!
Rigel44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-23, 11:43 PM   #1757
Rigel44
Sailor man

Quote:
Rigel44, you are not doing anything wrong, we set up the logo for U107 as if it were a Type 7B rather than a Type 9B.

i have to figure out how we connected the logos to the turms for each class of boat and then work-up a fix for you.
Ahoy KaleunMarco - were you able to figure out a way to make the U-107 Aces Tower Marking work for the IXB boats?
Old 10-23-23, 10:44 AM   #1758
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigel44 View Post
Ahoy KaleunMarco - were you able to figure out a way to make the U-107 Aces Tower Marking work for the IXB boats?
no, i have not.
i thought i had everything in place but the logo will not display on the type 9.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-23, 01:20 AM   #1759
Rigel44
Sailor man

Quote:
no, i have not.
i thought i had everything in place but the logo will not display on the type 9.
Thank you for trying - I do appreciate that
Old 11-17-23, 06:18 PM   #1760
Kiane
Swabbie

Downloads: 25

Hello,

I am trying out this mod, but the audio is very buggy. About half the time there is absolutely no audio, no sound of the ship going through the water, no deck-gun firing, etc, and then suddenly audio will play such as the deck-gun randomly playing the audio for firing, etc. Also when the deck-gun audio plays it is extremely loud compared to the sailor voices, for example. How can I fix this to be playable?

Thank you,
Kiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-23, 09:04 PM   #1761
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiane View Post
Hello,

I am trying out this mod, but the audio is very buggy. About half the time there is absolutely no audio, no sound of the ship going through the water, no deck-gun firing, etc, and then suddenly audio will play such as the deck-gun randomly playing the audio for firing, etc. Also when the deck-gun audio plays it is extremely loud compared to the sailor voices, for example. How can I fix this to be playable?

Thank you,
please post your JSGME config: Task-Export to Clipboard then Paste here (ctrl+v)

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-23, 12:19 AM   #1762
Kiane
Swabbie

Quote:
please post your JSGME config: Task-Export to Clipboard then Paste here (ctrl+v)

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]

OM_DarkWaters_V6
Old 11-18-23, 08:59 AM   #1763
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Your Steam Library folder is in the Program Files folder, and Windows has rolled back your SH4 DW config, resulting in a mish-mash of files in your game folder. You will need to put SH4 in a non-program files folder. How many other Steam games do you have? Refer to Moving a Steam Installation and Games for a couple of procedures to use to accomplish that. If all you have of Steam is SH4, then un-installing SH4 and Steam, and then re-installing it all into a folder you create yourself, such as "C:\Games" or similar, and making that the install target, will allow you to then get a good mod activation. You will have to empty your C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4 folder before playing also.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-23, 01:50 PM   #1764
Kiane
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Your Steam Library folder is in the Program Files folder, and Windows has rolled back your SH4 DW config, resulting in a mish-mash of files in your game folder. You will need to put SH4 in a non-program files folder. How many other Steam games do you have? Refer to Moving a Steam Installation and Games for a couple of procedures to use to accomplish that. If all you have of Steam is SH4, then un-installing SH4 and Steam, and then re-installing it all into a folder you create yourself, such as "C:\Games" or similar, and making that the install target, will allow you to then get a good mod activation. You will have to empty your C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4 folder before playing also.
I partitioned my hard drive so I could put the game on another drive, and this seems to have fixed the audio issue. I have one miscellaneous question however, how do you get your crew to man the guns without forcefully dragging them into the slots? When I give the command to man the deck guns, nobody actually goes into the slots.
Old 11-18-23, 07:56 PM   #1765
propbeanie

That is the nature of the beast in SH4, as compared to SH3. You do have to have people in the slots, and then call "Man the deck gun", or "Battle Stations"... just don't forget to relieve the crew from Battle Stations when finished with the attack...

Old 02-05-24, 05:36 PM   #1766
D-Jones
Gunner

Downloads: 150
Default A "How to"--

I just installed it. The mod is beautiful but has absolutely no "how to" documentation that I can find. My main problem is trying to figure out how that big wheel that's supposed to give you range (I think) and speed is used. In the Youtube vids I've seen they mumble their way through it seeming a little confused themselves and/or assume you know how to use it. They don't even mention what it's called.

As mentioned, the mod is beautiful, and I'd like to give it a go knowing a little bit about what the hell I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
D-Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-24, 09:46 PM   #1767
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Jones View Post
I just installed it. The mod is beautiful but has absolutely no "how to" documentation that I can find. My main problem is trying to figure out how that big wheel that's supposed to give you range (I think) and speed is used. In the Youtube vids I've seen they mumble their way through it seeming a little confused themselves and/or assume you know how to use it. They don't even mention what it's called.

As mentioned, the mod is beautiful, and I'd like to give it a go knowing a little bit about what the hell I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
I don't think Fifi deleted the files (I don't have DW on this computer), so look in the Support folder, and look for the "OM_Readme_files" folder, and the "OM_Intel_files" folder. If you're using it, download the "KiUB User Guide.pdf

Old 02-06-24, 02:43 PM   #1768
D-Jones
Gunner

Downloads: 150

Thanks, Prop. That's the only PDF Readme I don't have. Thanks for the link. Just out of curiosity, can you measure AOB the "old fashioned" SH4 way with just the protractor? I want to give the campaign a run-through before I learn this thing.
D-Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-24, 11:19 AM   #1769
propbeanie

You should be able to, unless you're like me, and do most things backwards and upside down...

Remember, AOB is the view from the target to you... I think

Old 03-02-24, 09:33 PM   #1770
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1786
Default Graphical problems with Type Vii Sub skins.

I am having graphical issues with only the Type VII. The Type IX is fine. When the game loads and I go to external view the whole sub is black. I have seen people have this issue before and I can't remember what the solution is to fix this. I only have DW6 main mod installed and no other mods. I also play FOTRSU and I have no graphical problems with the sub skins in that install. I have used DW before and I am not doing anything differently from before so I can't figure out what is causing this. Very frustrating. Thanks.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote