Old 08-02-15, 04:32 PM   #106
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
Almost anyone running for the nomination could make a lot more in the private sector.

Nobody wants to be President for the money.
But they still cash the checks. Go figure, right?

The Clintons are the worst of the bunch. Moved to New York so HIl-dog could run for the senate seat from there. Bought a house, built a barracks for the Secret Service detail and charged the government rent to make the mortgage payment.

If Hill-dog gets elected POTUS, they'll do it again for a nice vacation home.

Tomorrow never comes

Last edited by Wolferz; 08-02-15 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-02-15, 06:12 PM   #107
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolferz View Post
Strip away the exorbitant presidential salary and retirement stipend and you would see them all bow out poste haste.

The president gets a nice house to live in, three squares a day, top notch medical care, security and first class transportation. All free gratis.
Why does he/she need to get paid?

Thomas Jefferson never accepted a single dime from the people he served while in office.
Just to pick a nit, the president pays for his own food unless it is an official state function.

He is a president, not a king
Old 08-02-15, 06:41 PM   #108
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Just to pick a nit, the president pays for his own food unless it is an official state function.

I remember you mention something like this in a old thread, made by me.

Markus
Old 08-02-15, 06:49 PM   #109
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

A second comment on Mr Donald Trump

This Danish Journalist also said.

Trump is also a "problem" for the Republican.

The anchor man asked the journalist

Could the republican refuse to support Trump ?

Indeed they can-this however could give the democrat the win-Trump has said he would go solo if the republican refuse to support him-if he is picked by the people. If he goes solo he will take many supporters with him.

My thoughts= Looks like the republican is facing a smaller chaos.

Is this Danish Journalist right ?

Is Trump a headache in the eyes of the republican(not the ordinary people) ?

Markus
Old 08-02-15, 09:07 PM   #110
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Trump is a bigger threat to the Republican Party than Hilary Clinton. I think that this would be a fair assessment at this moment in time.
Old 08-02-15, 09:14 PM   #111
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
A second comment on Mr Donald Trump

This Danish Journalist also said.

Trump is also a "problem" for the Republican.

The anchor man asked the journalist

Could the republican refuse to support Trump ?

Indeed they can-this however could give the democrat the win-Trump has said he would go solo if the republican refuse to support him-if he is picked by the people. If he goes solo he will take many supporters with him.

My thoughts= Looks like the republican is facing a smaller chaos.

Is this Danish Journalist right ?

Is Trump a headache in the eyes of the republican(not the ordinary people) ?

Markus
Short answer is yes.

If Trump wins the Republican nomination he'll likely loose the general election since unaffiliated voters hate him even more than Hillary. On the other hand if he looses the nomination he'll run as an independent and split the republican vote. Either way his presence almost guarantees a Democratic win.

What i'm starting to suspect is maybe that's his real plan.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 08-03-15, 04:59 PM   #112
Wolferz
Navy Seal

wolf_howl15 I stand partially corrected....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post

Does he?

Is he?

Kind of acts like a king.

I'd bet the FLOTUS rarely sets foot in the kitchen because there's a real chef in there. Sometimes five!

http://mentalfloss.com/article/20681...a-familys-food

Like all presidents, Barack Obama and his family will have to pay for their own food while they're living in the White House. But does someone actually send them a bill? How does this system work?
President Obama may have his own executive chef now, but when his family and personal guests eat what's coming out of the kitchen, he'll have to foot the bill himself. Luckily for him, though, the government picks up the tab if he's having a state function at the White House, which could get pricey since the White House's website touts that its five chefs can crank out dinner for 140 or hors d'oeuvres for over a thousand people.
Does someone really keep track? Apparently, the White House functions like a luxury hotel in this regard. At the end of each month, the president receives a bill for his food and incidental expenses. Nancy Reagan was famously taken aback by this practice when an usher presented her first bill in 1981, saying, "Nobody ever told us the president and his wife are charged for every meal, as well as incidentals like dry cleaning, toothpaste, and other toiletries."¯ (Once they got used to the bills, though, the Reagans loved the White House; President Reagan often joked that all the amenities made it like living in an eight-star hotel.)

The POTUS is still coming out like a bandit.

Tomorrow never comes

Last edited by Wolferz; 08-03-15 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-03-15, 05:37 PM   #113
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

The actual purchasing of the food is rotated by members of the Whitehouse staff on a somewhat random basis, presumably to prevent someone from selling bad food to the prez. They are re-reimbursed by the President for the food.

So yes, technically no one sends a "bill" to the president, but he hardly gets it for free.

I remember reading an article during the Reagan regime comparing the perks of the president and the perks of the heads of the mega corporations... Not as much difference as you might think.

The key being that one (the president) is paid by the tax payers and the other (CEO) is paid by... the taxpayers in the form of a subsidy or tax expenditure. So in the end the tax payers end up payin'
Old 08-03-15, 09:12 PM   #114
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Short answer is yes.

If Trump wins the Republican nomination he'll likely loose the general election since unaffiliated voters hate him even more than Hillary. On the other hand if he looses the nomination he'll run as an independent and split the republican vote. Either way his presence almost guarantees a Democratic win.

What i'm starting to suspect is maybe that's his real plan.
I dunno, I can't really see Mr 'Birth Certificate' Trump as a Democrat plant. I'd say that he was more the result of the failure of the GOP to deal with the Tea Party crowd between the last election and this one.
Honestly, from what I've seen so far, Trump notwithstanding, the Republicans are operating on the same sort of routine that lost them the last election. There's no real candidate to fire up the crowds in there, except the whack-job. I mean, Jeb Bush is going to be forever under the shadow of his Dad and brother, Ted Cruz is...well, Ted Cruz, Chris Christie is still recovering from his bridges, and Ben Carson is going for the Obama vote (which has already been done). I mean, they've got the fact that Hilary, if she wins the Democratic vote (which she very likely will) will be running for the first woman president of the US, and the only counter the GOP has to that is Carly Fiorina, and she's going to need to shout to make herself heard over the Trumpnado.
The mainstream GOP needs to get its act together and fast or it's going to be out of the game again for 2016.
Old 08-03-15, 09:23 PM   #115
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

I just watched the two hour Voters First Republican Forum and I got the impression that all the candidates (there 14 out of 17 there) said nearly the same thing just in a slightly different way, with the topics ranging from the budget ,immigration and the foreign policy and of course Hillary Clinton. Here's a breakdown from AP on it http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...016/ar-BBlmJsP
Old 08-04-15, 07:58 PM   #116
Wolferz
Navy Seal

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg View Post
I just watched the two hour Voters First Republican Forum and I got the impression that all the candidates (there 14 out of 17 there) said nearly the same thing just in a slightly different way, with the topics ranging from the budget ,immigration and the foreign policy and of course Hillary Clinton. Here's a breakdown from AP on it http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...016/ar-BBlmJsP

They arrived on the Reince Pribus.
It's short and yellow.

Tomorrow never comes
Old 08-04-15, 08:58 PM   #117
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg View Post
I'll wait till they get the field narrowed down to at least the top dirty dozen, or someone tops 40%, before I start paying too much detailed attention to their canned peaches...I mean speeches.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 08-04-15, 09:20 PM   #118
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
I dunno, I can't really see Mr 'Birth Certificate' Trump as a Democrat plant.
I can. Until relatively recently what he says and where he puts his money are two different things.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...on-119071.html

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 08-05-15, 03:27 AM   #119
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

Trumps ego is just to bloated to let himself be used as a democratic ploy to split the republican vote. If ego had a mass Trump would become a black hole.
Old 08-05-15, 04:40 AM   #120
Tchocky
Navy Seal

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I can. Until relatively recently what he says and where he puts his money are two different things.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...on-119071.html
The thought exercise for this one breaks down when you consider Mr Trump's character - nobody would ever trust this man with anything clandestine.

It's an appealing idea, because if he's a plant then there isn't an unhinged blowhard sitting on top of major party polls just because he likes the sound of his own voice.

I just don't think it's likely.

Tags
clinton, cuba, doomed, election, marx, president, trump