SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-13-13, 02:59 PM   #256
Navuhodonosor
Engineer

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0
Default Hy

Interesting. Whenever I come back to this game this is the first thread to check what is new. Thank you for keeping it updated!
Old 02-02-13, 02:24 AM   #257
Spectre-63
Sparky

Downloads: 36

Travally -

Thanks for the suggestions!

If I could impose, I'd like your suggestions on a set of mods/settings that are a bit more advanced, without going the 'Full Real' route. I downloaded Sober's package, but it sounds like it's going to be overload for me. Coming from SH3, I'm used to running my own torpedos but like the idea of having the WO give an estimate of a solution of his own. Not the 'Gods eye view' that you get by default with SH3, but something to confirm that I'm not completely off.

It also sounds like choosing German voices is required for some of the mods to work. Is there a list somewhere of the ones that require that German be installed? I've got it installed now but understanding what they're saying is more important than immersion for me now.

I started a new campaign tonight and wound up hunting the Balkan sea. I presume I made an error when starting the campaign?

Sorry if all of this has been covered elsewhere. To be honest, I'm pretty overwhelmed by the number of mods for SH 5. If you can point me to some threads to read with suggestions for n00bs, that'd be great too! I've done some searching but, frankly, there's such an overload of information, I just don't know where to start. Like many others, my playtime is extremely limited and having a starting point setup more or less like SH3 would help me immensely!

Thanks again!

Mike
Old 02-02-13, 04:03 AM   #258
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre-63 View Post
Travally -

Thanks for the suggestions!
Thanks Spectre - I sent you a PM but i had not read your post very carefull - so just ignore it

Quote:
If I could impose, I'd like your suggestions on a set of mods/settings that are a bit more advanced, without going the 'Full Real' route. I downloaded Sober's package, but it sounds like it's going to be overload for me. Coming from SH3, I'm used to running my own torpedos but like the idea of having the WO give an estimate of a solution of his own. Not the 'Gods eye view' that you get by default with SH3, but something to confirm that I'm not completely off.
I find that he list of mods that I have posted on page 1 is a good list for me. The key mods there for controls are TDWs UI.
His UI has an options editor that will allow you to set your own level of detail and control. Its well worth setting up as we all want differant things from the game.

I may perhaps write a guide for using TDWs option editor

For torp firing - I would suggest a full manual route here. Many SH3 players upgrade to SH5 and find the firing harder than SH3 where Weps would give suggestions. There is a similar option with SH5 within TDWs UI where the Weps will help you set it up.

TDW has made a tutorial that you can try from the main menu where this can be practised.
You can also use a mod that I made "TDC helper" - this mod will run in the background in automation and when you target a ship - hit the shortcut key and a window will pop up with a step by step guide on inputting the solution into the TDC - see here

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=182764

I would also point you to some of my tutorials for using the RAOBF wheel and the fast 90 attack. Both can be played from the tutorial option after you load TDWs UI - see my tutorials here:-

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=177725

Quote:
It also sounds like choosing German voices is required for some of the mods to work. Is there a list somewhere of the ones that require that German be installed? I've got it installed now but understanding what they're saying is more important than immersion for me now.
Yes - this is required so you can use stormfly sound mod
If you do not want the German voices - try using http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163530

together with Karls voice fixes - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174063

Quote:
I started a new campaign tonight and wound up hunting the Balkan sea. I presume I made an error when starting the campaign?
Sounds wrong - you should stat in Kiel - try a restart

Quote:
Sorry if all of this has been covered elsewhere. To be honest, I'm pretty overwhelmed by the number of mods for SH 5. If you can point me to some threads to read with suggestions for n00bs, that'd be great too! I've done some searching but, frankly, there's such an overload of information, I just don't know where to start. Like many others, my playtime is extremely limited and having a starting point setup more or less like SH3 would help me immensely!

Thanks again!

Mike
Hope this helps and keep a look out for a guide to TDWs options editor
Old 02-03-13, 12:39 AM   #259
Spectre-63
Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Thanks Spectre - I sent you a PM but i had not read your post very carefull - so just ignore it

I find that he list of mods that I have posted on page 1 is a good list for me. The key mods there for controls are TDWs UI.
His UI has an options editor that will allow you to set your own level of detail and control. Its well worth setting up as we all want differant things from the game.

I may perhaps write a guide for using TDWs option editor

For torp firing - I would suggest a full manual route here. Many SH3 players upgrade to SH5 and find the firing harder than SH3 where Weps would give suggestions. There is a similar option with SH5 within TDWs UI where the Weps will help you set it up.

TDW has made a tutorial that you can try from the main menu where this can be practised.
You can also use a mod that I made "TDC helper" - this mod will run in the background in automation and when you target a ship - hit the shortcut key and a window will pop up with a step by step guide on inputting the solution into the TDC - see here

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=182764

I would also point you to some of my tutorials for using the RAOBF wheel and the fast 90 attack. Both can be played from the tutorial option after you load TDWs UI - see my tutorials here:-

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=177725

Yes - this is required so you can use stormfly sound mod
If you do not want the German voices - try using http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163530

together with Karls voice fixes - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174063

Sounds wrong - you should stat in Kiel - try a restart

Hope this helps and keep a look out for a guide to TDWs options editor
Thanks for all the suggestions Trevally! I'd hoped to give them a try tonight but my little family had other ideas. Maybe tomorrow, one can always hope!
Old 02-03-13, 05:29 PM   #260
Spectre-63
Sparky

Okay, ran into something of an oddity today when going to start a game: the game intro video was not running full screen and would crash after the video. Tried checking options I thought I might have changed for TDW's UI, but it didn't have an effect. Uninstalled and am in the process of reinstalling. If someone's run into this before and can point me in the direction of a fix, that'd be helpful in case the uninstall/reinstall doesn't resolve the issue.
Old 02-03-13, 06:07 PM   #261
Spectre-63
Sparky

Thankfully I found a solution because an uninstall/reinstall did not resolve it. I had to uninstall the UBI Game Launcher and reinstall it. Once it patched, I was able to launch the game again and get full screen video and sound.

sigh...unfortunately, doing so ate up all the time I had to play.
Old 02-04-13, 01:26 PM   #262
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre-63 View Post
Thankfully I found a solution because an uninstall/reinstall did not resolve it. I had to uninstall the UBI Game Launcher and reinstall it. Once it patched, I was able to launch the game again and get full screen video and sound.

sigh...unfortunately, doing so ate up all the time I had to play.
Thanks for posting this fix Spectre
Hope you find some time soon
Old 02-04-13, 04:45 PM   #263
Spectre-63
Sparky

More problems...sigh.

Getting a CTD starting a campaign with the following soup recipe:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\Games\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
Capthelms_SH5_Audio_Mod
Speech fixes and additions (english version)
Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (normal ) V2.1
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_37_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_2_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_2_0_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision
NewUIs_TDC_7_2_0_jimimadrids_map_tools
MRP 16x9 ratio
Depth_Keeping_Problem_HB_2_0_0_TheDarkWraith
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v2
sobers no footstep sound mod
Trevally TDC Help v2

Suggestions?
Old 02-05-13, 09:35 AM   #264
Spectre-63
Sparky

I tried switching out some of the mods and got a little bit of gametime in, but still wound up getting a CTD in the middle of desperately trying to submerge my boat. I discovered I'd incorrectly applied the MMM multi-mod but when I correctly applied it I'd get CTDs loading.

The list above is my preferred setup...is there something wrong with the load order?
Old 02-05-13, 11:18 AM   #265
Trevally.
Navy Seal

The above looks good to me
Old 02-10-13, 05:57 PM   #266
comp13
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 18

I was looking to get back into SH5 after not playing for awhile, and this thread really helped out. Thanks!
comp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-13, 10:15 PM   #267
Schroder87
Nub

Downloads: 16
Default HELP please!!!

I have JSGME and several mods i downloaded from subsim i put the unzipped files into my mod folder that i made went on JSGME.exe saw such mods i downloaded i activated them and still seems like none of the mods work or are activated i dont know what went wrong please help asap
Schroder87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-13, 12:59 PM   #268
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Before you activate the mods with jsgme (right click - explore) - make sure the subfolder for each mod has a data folder.

Also make sure your MODS folder is here C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS

Old 02-14-13, 01:00 PM   #269
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by comp13 View Post
I was looking to get back into SH5 after not playing for awhile, and this thread really helped out. Thanks!
Thanks Comp and welcome to subsim
Old 02-18-13, 09:02 AM   #270
markdenny
Sparky

Downloads: 216

Good afternoon

Im trying to follow you mods list but would like to use the german lang.pack where in you list would you suggest i place it please and can i use stormys DBSM if i can where would i place in your list ? Help please

Many Thanks

Mark
markdenny is offline   Reply With Quote