SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-26-24, 12:27 PM   #121
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

6 June 1941

Ceylon
14 enemy Hurricane-IIbs swept Trincomalee, opposed by 10 Oscars. The Hurricanes came in at 30,000 feet and our Oscars were patrolling at 15,000 and 10,000 feet. I mention the altitudes because in my first campaign, my opponent eventually insisted on altitude limitations because I was sweeping at high altitudes with too much success--so in this campaign, I'm trying to see if I can come out ahead by refusing to try to win the "altitude race" and just fighting down low where I maneuver better. He won this round 3 to 2, which considering I was outnumbered, I don't think is so bad.

China
We shot down an SB-III bomber near Henyang, China, as he tries to interdict troops starting to flank Changsha. We did suffer a few squad disablements from the bombers that got through.

Burma
The focus of enemy bombers in Burma has returned to the Lashio area instead of Magwe. My priority is defending Magwe--our troops at Lashio can hold out from bombers in the mountains. Magwe's airbase and industry are far more vulnerable.

Reinforcements
SS I-33 arrives at Osaka/Kyoto
2nd Ku S-1 arrives at Yokohama/Yokosuka - restricted fighter squadron, transitioned them to Claudes and assigned to training.

-------------------------------------
7 June 1942
  • Burma: Tuang Gyi captured, former Rangoon garrison routed as it retreats towards India
  • KB arrives safely in Noumea and replaces aircraft losses
Old 01-26-24, 05:34 PM   #122
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

8 June 1942
  • uneventful turn; Lashio troops attacked by enemy but they surprisingly manage to hold out thanks to the defensive bonus in the mountains.
9 June 1942
  • I-23 fires torpedoes at Prince of Wales near Baker Island in the Gilberts, misses.
  • I-158 torpedoes and sinks a minelayer at Esperance, Australia, takes depth charge damage after and sets course for home for repairs. The sub was on a mission with one other to mine Esperance and Albany--the Albany minefield was spotted and is already being cleared, but this one appears to have done unnoticed.
  • I've begun landing troops on Efate. This was an important base for the enemy months ago, but we bypassed it while taking New Caledonia; with the fall of Fiji I have some idle troops that can head back and deal with this.
  • We shot down 2 Blenheims attacking our troops in the mountains around Lashio.
  • We routed a force of 26,000 troops outside Sian, but we had over 400 squads disabled in the effort. This could potentially complicate things when I reach Lanchow.
Old 02-09-24, 12:19 AM   #123
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

It's been quiet for two weeks now. I hope you are well, and in case you aren't I hope you'll soon be.
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-24, 10:23 AM   #124
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Sorry for the late update...

Leo has surrendered. He said he wasn't having fun anymore. Disappointing that we invested this much time but never got to a point where the Allies were counterattacking. But it is what it is.
Old 02-17-24, 03:53 AM   #125
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

That's unfortunate, but maybe you are just too good.

Thanks for the reports, I really enjoyed reading them.
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote