SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-21-10, 03:58 PM   #811
mcaa666
Mate

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

Ok, just took a look at the requirements for taking a photo...
You need to have a target locked but other than that it does not matter if you are submerged or not. Also it works on the UZO, observation scope and the attack scope. So no real requirements there.
Took a screenie so you can see how everything looks...works perfectly btw.
The 'take photo' button is perfectly available even with the 'lock/break lock' buttons disabled.
Using version 1.5 and enhanced SH5 UI.

mcaa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 04:05 PM   #812
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

The testing you did you used the take photo icon located on the scope views to take the photo right and not the one from the officer icons?

can you test something out for me? Using WEPS-->Torpedo Attack-->Take photo, click on that icon when you are on the bridge (not at UZO, attack, or obs station) and let me know what happens (I'm not sure whether it will take a correct photo or not)

I also see you have pattern running torpedoes available (from the LuT buttons). Have you been able to set the pattern running dials successfully?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 04:19 PM   #813
mcaa666
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
The testing you did you used the take photo icon located on the scope views to take the photo right and not the one from the officer icons?

can you test something out for me? Using WEPS-->Torpedo Attack-->Take photo, click on that icon when you are on the bridge (not at UZO, attack, or obs station) and let me know what happens (I'm not sure whether it will take a correct photo or not)

I also see you have pattern running torpedoes available (from the LuT buttons). Have you been able to set the pattern running dials successfully?
Will do, I will report back shortly...
Old 04-21-10, 04:25 PM   #814
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
@mcaa666 These are the results I got for the Fat/Lut Torps in my previous Tests. Something to compare with your results to see if this is a Dev Issue.

1. Straight Run, was able to set dial to any value between 0m and 2500m
2. 2nd Gyroangle, could onle select -90 or +90 degrees ?
3. Leg, could only select 800 or 1600 ?
4. Pattern angle, was unable to select a value (Couldn't move needle)
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 04:30 PM   #815
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

buttons have been added to the UZO, attack, and obs stations so that you can toggle the TDC dials on/off for each station individually (if you have a TDC mode enabled that has dials)

If you are using a TDC mode that doesn't have any dials then the buttons will be hidden.

This feature will be available in v1.6.0
Old 04-21-10, 04:38 PM   #816
mcaa666
Mate

Taking the photo via WEPS ->Torpedo Attack -> Take Photo works great.
You still need to lock a target through the UZO though before it works plus you can't really see anything on there because of the zoom level. But I reckon it's safe to say that taking the photo through the binoculars should work ok. I did notice however that it does register as 'objective complete' when you take the photo from the bridge...

Photo:

Goes off to test the Pattern Running thingie...
Old 04-21-10, 04:47 PM   #817
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaa666 View Post
Taking the photo via WEPS ->Torpedo Attack -> Take Photo works great.
You still need to lock a target through the UZO though before it works plus you can't really see anything on there because of the zoom level. But I reckon it's safe to say that taking the photo through the binoculars should work ok. I did notice however that it does register as 'objective complete' when you take the photo from the bridge...

Photo:

Goes off to test the Pattern Running thingie...

excellent

Explain what you mean by 'Objective Complete'.....Did you have any objectives to fullfil?

Now by game logic you have to be at a station (UZO, attack, or obs) in order to take a photo (you can't take photo from binocular). I can make my logic be anything I want. Currently I have set to this:

if target locked and on the surface take photo is allowed
if target locked and underwater and you are at the obs, attack, or uzo station then take photo is allowed

should I keep it this way or make it follow the game logic? I think I should leave it the way I have it (if surfaced then you take a photo from anywhere).
Old 04-21-10, 05:11 PM   #818
mcaa666
Mate

Quote:
excellent

Explain what you mean by 'Objective Complete'.....Did you have any objectives to fullfil?

Now by game logic you have to be at a station (UZO, attack, or obs) in order to take a photo (you can't take photo from binocular). I can make my logic be anything I want. Currently I have set to this:

if target locked and on the surface take photo is allowed
if target locked and underwater and you are at the obs, attack, or uzo station then take photo is allowed

should I keep it this way or make it follow the game logic? I think I should leave it the way I have it (if surfaced then you take a photo from anywhere).
Yes I had a patrol objective (not a campaign objective) which told me recon the Trondheim naval base and take a photo...and that got completed as soon as I took the photo just like it should...

As for the logic;
I think that when on the surface it is easier to be able to take photo's without locking a target and when looking through the binoc's. Not sure of it's possible though... Otherwise you would still need to go to the UZO and lock the target so you can just as easy take the photo from there...

I wouldn't change anything on the submerged settings.

Did some testing of the Fat/Lut options:
Straight Leg: I was able to set it from 0 - 125m (full range on the dial)
2nd Gyro Angle: Was able to set angles all the way around with the pattern switching from left to right off the base leg on certain angles (90 and -90 degrees).
Leg: Could set it at values ranging from 0 -1600 m
Pattern Angle: Could set it at full range (0 - 360 degrees).
Old 04-21-10, 05:19 PM   #819
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Yes I had a patrol objective (not a campaign objective) which told me recon the Trondheim naval base and take a photo...and that got completed as soon as I took the photo just like it should...

As for the logic;
I think that when on the surface it is easier to be able to take photo's without locking a target and when looking through the binoc's. Not sure of it's possible though... Otherwise you would still need to go to the UZO and lock the target so you can just as easy take the photo from there...

I wouldn't change anything on the submerged settings.

Did some testing of the Fat/Lut options:
Straight Leg: I was able to set it from 0 - 125m (full range on the dial)
2nd Gyro Angle: Was able to set angles all the way around with the pattern switching from left to right off the base leg on certain angles (90 and -90 degrees).
Leg: Could set it at values ranging from 0 -1600 m
Pattern Angle: Could set it at full range (0 - 360 degrees).
great feedback

So the pattern running dials are all working as they should.

Is there a way you can send me that saved mission you're using to test the photo taking? I could use it for testing some new logic ideas I have for take photo (for my icon). I'm thinking about removing the lock requirement when on the surface BUT forcing you to be in either the attack, obs, uzo, or binocs to take a picture.
Old 04-21-10, 05:30 PM   #820
mcaa666
Mate

Yep, pattern running dials seem to be working fine.
I would send the savegame but i'm not sure which file to send...if you can point me in the right direction that would be great.
Sounds good btw, not forcing to lock but force to look through uzo, obs, attack or binoc when on the surface.
Old 04-21-10, 05:33 PM   #821
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Yep, pattern running dials seem to be working fine.
I would send the savegame but i'm not sure which file to send...if you can point me in the right direction that would be great.
Sounds good btw, not forcing to lock but force to look through uzo, obs, attack or binoc when on the surface.

send me your whole \Documents\SH5 folder and let me know what save to use
Old 04-21-10, 06:02 PM   #822
mcaa666
Mate

Folder is 250mb large so that's a bit too much to send...
I'll have a look tomorrow on what to send.
Old 04-21-10, 06:05 PM   #823
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Folder is 250mb large so that's a bit too much to send...
I'll have a look tomorrow on what to send.
sounds good. I'm not sure where the save files and all are in \Documents\SH5 that's why I asked for the whole folder.
Old 04-21-10, 09:32 PM   #824
Nauticalwolf
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 89

TDW,

[if set up in C:/ drive]

look in Local Disk (C)/Users/"yourname"/MyDocuments/SH5/data/Users/

There is a separate folder for each campaign persona and then there is a separate folder for campaign progress i.e

Local Disk (C)/Users/Gunther/MyDocuments/SH5/data/Users/Gunther Prien/Campaign-2010-03-06_2048/

We're here to protect Democracy - not practice it!

Last edited by Nauticalwolf; 04-21-10 at 09:43 PM.
Nauticalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 11:41 PM   #825
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.6.0 released. See post #1 for bug fixes/additions/etc

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui