SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-04-22, 12:00 AM   #331
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
those two model years are almost indistinguishable
Like a Chevy, it's all in the fins (among other things)... which gets easier in '57 - When I was a kid, a fellow down the street from me had a 55, the year he was born. You basically sat on the floorboard in that thing. Very, very cool car...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 01:02 AM   #332
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
right...however the question was directed to Rhodes.
and it is either a '55 or a '56 T-bird. those two model years are almost indistinguishable unless one is a Ford T-Bird fanatic.
Weellll... you didn't technically say it was for or directed at Rhodes... knowing that now...

Mea culpa. Apologies.

As for the T-bird, that was an off the cuff, answer... as it has been some time, & for a wild haired guesstimate, was not too bad of 1. I admit, a bit... wide of a net, on the years... I knew it was somewhere in that year range. Just not for definite on the exact year/s.

I know that Rhodes' reference, "pink", was to "Operation Petticat, where a sub getting away from the... Philippines, iirc, with a load of nurses on board, repaired it enough to get away &... at a stop along the way, the only paint on hand to repaint it with, was red defouling paint, iirc & white or a light grey, which when that was mixed together to paint the sub... ended up with it being a pink color.

M. M.
Old 01-04-22, 05:00 AM   #333
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

^Of course!

Thank you Bubblehead1980, didn't remember going to the mod main folder to check.
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 12:41 PM   #334
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Weellll... you didn't technically say it was for or directed at Rhodes... knowing that now...

Mea culpa. Apologies.
no need to apologize, my friend.
just having some fun, so to speak.

Start at 1:30 into the clip.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 03:13 AM   #335
Xboxman523
Watch

Downloads: 136

I have a question about how the menus look in this mod. I have downloaded all the mods in the list but I see some people have black gauges like in this 2nd pic. The first pic is my stuff.

Is there a way I can have the stuff look like the 2nd pic?

Also, does this mega mod require any of the stuff from trigger maru overhauled or is it all provided in this version?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg subpic1.jpg (90.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg subpic2.jpg (31.1 KB, 17 views)
Xboxman523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 03:47 AM   #336
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xboxman523 View Post
I have a question about how the menus look in this mod. I have downloaded all the mods in the list but I see some people have black gauges like in this 2nd pic. The first pic is my stuff.

Also, does this mega mod require any of the stuff from trigger maru overhauled or is it all provided in this version?
The 2nd pic, looks to be vickers03's sealife mod, with glitching... know that He re-released an updated version, that would correct that issue there.

As for the gauges, believe those would be the standard look to them.

Everything listed there on the 1st page, 1st post, would be all you'd need for now.

In a bit, there will be an updated version release of TMOverhauled 2.5X v2, soon... that ramps up the works. So, it may be best to just concentrate on the sealife re-release for now.

Hope this info helps.

M. M.
Old 01-06-22, 05:00 AM   #337
Xboxman523
Watch

My apologies I didn't explain myself well enough. I meant to also refer to the black and red coloring the menu has in the 2nd pic. I don't know if that is a mod or an option in the vanilla game.
Old 01-06-22, 05:45 AM   #338
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Ok, checking with My install.. the gauges, (inside, in the control room... upper control room, just before hitting the bridge, bridge view & in free cam, or next/previous views... all look just as they are for you, in that 2nd pic.

Minus the pixilated boxes floating about the boat with it submerged, that is... the solution for that, is as I outlined before...

I assume, that you did, use jsgme when you added in the mods.

If so, then opening that up, click on "tasks" in the center there... select export & select to clipboard, in the submenu list that will show when you highlight the export option.

This, will allow you to paste the mods activated list from jsgme in a reply back & then for it to be seen just what mods are activated... there, on your end of things.

Can go from there & see if it can't be figured out, just what is going on from there.

M. M.
Old 01-06-22, 06:56 AM   #339
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109
Default How about some signs ei?...

I found the reason for my CTD when exiting Midway... The subnet place around the islands!!!
Not the net, but the skipper that didn't know and decided to exit by any route. I loaded and when on patrol, 64x time going well and CTD.

So lest try another way and slower. Before geting the ctd, I notice damage reports, sub going down, etc. Reloaded again, did the same and using f12, notice the net. Lovely.

So decided to go north, then east, finally south and saw a channel and a boat marking the entrance of the protection ring...
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 01:37 PM   #340
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
I found the reason for my CTD when exiting Midway... The subnet place around the islands!!!
Not the net, but the skipper that didn't know and decided to exit by any route. I loaded and when on patrol, 64x time going well and CTD.

So lest try another way and slower. Before geting the ctd, I notice damage reports, sub going down, etc. Reloaded again, did the same and using f12, notice the net. Lovely.

So decided to go north, then east, finally south and saw a channel and a boat marking the entrance of the protection ring...
Know with Manilla, there is that deep water trench, leading out of there.. be warned however, that the areas outside of that trench, near the entry/exit.. are mined. Forgot about that salient point & well... found out the hard way.... suffice it to say. *chuckles*

Main point is... not sure, without taking a look at the area there (as I'm not in the sim, at the mo mo... to take a gander... but...) if you get the chance take a look & see what I mean then using that as a base guide... look & see if there's an area or 2... that somewhat resembles that deep marked water way... there at Midway. I know with the main docks... there is, off to the... mhmm... North x NNW.... side... as I recall, off hand. Has been a bit, since I skippered a sub outta Midway & that was prior to TMOverhauled, at that... but... think there is a small merchie or minelayer/sweeper/tug perhaps... that makes for open waters to the South end... just follow them out. If that ship's still... scripted in on TMOverhauled.

Hope that info helps...

M. M.
Old 01-06-22, 02:58 PM   #341
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Default Icebergs?!?!

First time for this experience.....Icebergs!!

when i attempted to use the external camera, it displayed nothing, probably because there was nothing to see.
scared the heck out of my lookouts because we were on our way back to Midway, in the middle of nowhere, and we get a surface contact.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 03:36 PM   #342
Xboxman523
Watch

Hmm, this pic above also shows the menu I was curious about. With the red and black buttons for commands.
Old 01-06-22, 05:30 PM   #343
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Hmm, this pic above also shows the menu I was curious about. With the red and black buttons for commands.
The commands in the bar there... are indicators, of that command being used... or to show that it is working, as intended...

I do believe, some of the commands, function on... for lack of a better term... autopilot... whereas others (the vast majority... ) are user controlled.

M. M.
Old 01-06-22, 05:57 PM   #344
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post

Yes, there is a subnet to simulate the coral reef around midway, since it was not included in the game. The only channel (south) is marked by small tug boats for navigational purposes, since do no have buoys for SH 4. This was in the README file with the mod.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 06:00 PM   #345
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:

The gauges are native to original TMO, not sure where they come from though.

Yes, some textures were left out of the upload by mistake and due to the size of the file, and all that is involved in uploading did not reupload to fix that one issue. In the forthcoming issue, the sea life texture issue is resolved. In the meantime, download vickers03's sea life mod for the pacific, install via jsgme. See the README file for the order of install.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote