SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-11, 04:17 PM   #241
Rear
Helmsman

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

"You missed a spot tommy. I want this bed spotless before lunch."

Rear is online  
Old 06-25-11, 04:25 PM   #242
Lord Justice
Previously 4Para

Downloads: 51

"Ya ok" * Cleaning up Bakkels was not easy, L J was hoping his fellow crew members were coming up with something constructive, whilst Tinman and Rear were watching the glory of a dead Brit *
Old 06-25-11, 04:26 PM   #243
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Nisgeis knocked on Oberst HunterIXC’s door and opened the door when invited in. He closed the door behind him, removed his cap and threw it onto the Oberst’s desk. He ran his long fingers through his hair, staining his white hair and making it slightly pink. He perched on the corner of the desk and drew a long breath in.

“So, our chicks have come home to roost HunterIXC. But, we have more than we expected. A prize within a prize.”

“I’m sure you know what significance this could have for our work here? Ah, of course you do, you would perhaps have seen the opportunity first.”

“The question is though how to deal with the situation. That amount of rage I have never before seen – and no feeding. Incredible aggression! This is a pure killing instinct. We must possess it!”

“Obviously whatever it is has come here on board the submarine. No signs of entry or exit suggest that the… entity was already within the walls of the POW camp when the attack took place. Something has to have changed though to somehow activate the entity's killing instinct. A creature like that on board that little submarine would breeze through it like a hot knife through butter. There must be some reason why it has only shown itself here.”

“Perhaps the fetid air? A high concentration of CO2 perhaps controls the creature’s blood lust? Perhaps the food? A change of diet has activated the animal aggression?”

“Ah, but we can only guess until we determine enough to ensnare the entity and start proper testing.”

“I believe we should stamp our authority on the situation and wrong foot the Britishers. They are in new surroundings and they rely much on the familiarity of their command structure. I suggest we remove that familiarity, so that the snake is less likely to bite, I suggest we cut off its head. We can trump up some evidence if you think it necessary. We could say that Bakkels was a spy and he was murdered to quiet him. This would of course take the heat off our own undercover men as well as throwing suspicion on the Britishers. Whatever the rebuttal, the fact remains that the magnificent creature that attacked Cook Bakkels did not force entry into the camp or attempt to leave after the attack and this, the Britishers cannot argue with. If Captain Raptor1 were speedily charged and summarily executed for murder, then the POWs would be much easier to handle and their prize more easily extracted. What do you say? I am sure the men would sanction such a course of action, if it were deemed necessary for the security of the base. We are of course a long way from home. We also lack superiority of numbers. The men must surely know that the only way to security is to diminish the number of POWs we have.”

“Whilst I am here, who do you recommend is interrogated next?”
Old 06-25-11, 04:28 PM   #244
Tarrasque
Lieutenant

Downloads: 44

"Apologies Sir, I must have been mistaken. I have no idea where Mr Vendor is."

*Turns to other ratings*

"Has anyone seen Mr Vendor recently?"
Old 06-25-11, 04:32 PM   #245
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Vendor? I haven't seen him. Perhaps this beast has claimed a second victim? This is not the work of some German guard with a chip on his shoulder. I dare say this looks animalistic. The Jerries would just as soon put a bullet in your brain and call it a day. Legendary German efficiency and whatnot.

What manner of beast was let in here? And why do we have no witnesses to the attack?

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 06-25-11, 04:34 PM   #246
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Beast? I'm not sure where you got that idea. Clearly the logical explanation is that one of the psychotic Jerries entered and used explosives or heavy implements to murder Mr. Bakkels...
Old 06-25-11, 04:34 PM   #247
The Enigma
Seer of visions

Downloads: 31
*walking along the fence*
Hey that's not right. It looks like the fence here is a bit broken.
Someone has altered it. I need to report this at once.

The Enigma turns around and walks towards the office of Hauptmann Rear

Old 06-25-11, 04:36 PM   #248
Tinman764
Chief

Downloads: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Justice View Post
"Ya ok" * Cleaning up Bakkels was not easy, L J was hoping his fellow crew members were coming up with something constructive, whilst Tinman and Rear were watching the glory of a dead Brit *
"Ok Tommie, your finished here. Return to your men. ah! leave the mop where it is please... thank you."

(edit to fit)
Old 06-25-11, 04:36 PM   #249
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
Beast? I'm not sure where you got that idea. Clearly the logical explanation is that one of the psychotic Jerries entered and used explosives or heavy implements to murder Mr. Bakkels...
But sir, if it were explosives someone would have heard it. If it were heavy implements, why wouldn't they have just simply shot him? And what did Bakkels do to single himself out for retribution? It seems damned odd, sir. Damned odd indeed.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 06-25-11, 04:37 PM   #250
Tarrasque
Lieutenant

"Sir? Permission to fall out the men?"
Old 06-25-11, 04:38 PM   #251
Lord Justice
Previously 4Para

Downloads: 51

* As L J was finishing cleaning up the remains, he found something odd, and sneakly put it in his pocket * " Herr Rear, Herr Tinman, the job is done. May I speak with my officer please about the arrangements of the burial "
Old 06-25-11, 04:39 PM   #252
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

I'm not sure, but you've seen how these Germans behave yesterday and this morning. No, I wouldn't have believed they were capable of doing something like this either, and I have no idea what they achieve by it, but it seems to me to be the likeliest explanation.

*turns to Tarrasque*

Yes, Mr. Tarrasque, do it.
Old 06-25-11, 04:42 PM   #253
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
I'm not sure, but you've seen how these Germans behave yesterday and this morning. No, I wouldn't have believed they were capable of doing something like this either, and I have no idea what they achieve by it, but it seems to me to be the likeliest explanation.

*turns to Tarrasque*

Yes, Mr. Tarrasque, do it.
Perhaps we should ask for a sit down with Herr HunterIXC to find out what's happened here?

Old 06-25-11, 04:44 PM   #254
Tarrasque
Lieutenant

"Aye Aye Sir!"

*Turns to the men*

"You heard the captain. Dismissed! And if anyone comes across Mr Vendor, I want a word!"

*Turns back to the officers*

"Do you need me for anything else sir?"
Old 06-25-11, 04:45 PM   #255
The Enigma
Seer of visions

Downloads: 31
knock knock. The Enigma is knocking at the office door of Hauptmann Rear
*waits and knocks again, but got no answer*

Hmmm
Maybe Rear is still at the POW camp.
Scheiße, now I have to go all the way back again.

*Enigma returns back to the POW campground*

Closed Thread