Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-18-22, 02:39 PM   #1
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Default Speakers Corner

Hi there you seems to have something on you heart, something you wanna tell to the people here at subsim park.

Take a step up on this old wooden beer crate and let your heart sing out the words you need to come out with.

Rules-NO one are allowed to post comments to a members writing in this thread-Here it's only word from the "speaker"
I'm thinking about others could use these or what you think the "speaker" should have for what they have written.

(Rules-Same as always SubSim rules and it's forbidden to get personal-You may speak about what an another member have written-But without getting personal)

So steep up and speak out my friend.

Edit
I have had this idea for month if not years-Why not make a thread where people can write what's on their mind-without the need to discuss it with others
End edit

Markus

My little lovely female cat

Last edited by mapuc; 03-18-22 at 02:54 PM.
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 03:26 PM   #2
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

I believe We die with what We see as a Sin. I'll explain my Sins as I feel them.
I'm an animal lover. Had SO MANY great friends over the years.
My Sins are the fails due to my actions or disregards to those friends.

My biggest Sin is the hardest to live with and I think about it often.
I had several Kittens living near me. Not a real attachment to them but I fed them.
It was a cold night with a Winter Storm coming in as I walked to work.
A couple of the kittens started following me. I kept walking to my job and they followed. I didn't care much at that time. I figured they'd go find shelter as I reached my job site and went inside.

The following Spring I was working outside the factory clearing brush.
As I removed a small bush I found the body of one of the Kittens.
She probably froze to death waiting for me to come back out!
I can't explain how hard that hit me and I live with it everyday!

I've never even told my Wife about that as I'm so ashamed!
That is something I have to live with everyday of my life.
Old 03-19-22, 01:02 AM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Icon1

m=f(t)

t=f(m)

t=m

e=f(m, t)

; m=mind; t=time; e=existence

Last edited by Skybird; 03-19-22 at 02:43 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-22, 02:39 AM   #4
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
I believe We die with what We see as a Sin. I'll explain my Sins as I feel them.

I had several Kittens living near me. Not a real attachment to them but I fed them.
A couple of the kittens started following me. I kept walking to my job and they followed. I didn't care much at that time. I figured they'd go find shelter as I reached my job site and went inside.

I understand that because I respect life as a miracle even though I don't feel I'm religious at all. I don't even feel good about eradicating pests.

I think my greatest sins have been not making time to know my grandparents, or even my parents, better. Maybe I'm too self centered, or taught to be self sufficiant? Confused but coping allright.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-22, 03:10 AM   #5
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
m=f(t)

t=f(m)

t=m

e=f(m, t)

; m=mind; t=time; e=existence

Please no swearing Skybird!

Quote:

That is so sad Jeff, I can totally understand your grief but it's hardly your fault, for all you know the kitten should/could have gone back to its mother.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-22, 07:10 AM   #6
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:

I know where you're coming from Jeff but I can't honestly see why you should attach the blame to yourself for something you had no control over.

It might help if you had a talk about it with Nancy Lady.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-22, 07:22 AM   #7
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

My dear friends you seem to have forgot an important rules in the thread I'll repeat it

"Rules-NO one are allowed to post comments to a members writing in this thread-Here it's only word from the "speaker" "

Markus

Old 03-19-22, 10:11 AM   #8
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I smell the odour of tyranny...
Old 03-19-22, 10:45 AM   #9
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I smell the odour of tyranny...
I've just have this idea that whoever it may be among us who has something on his or her heart may speak out without being quoted or questioning.

That's was my idea of this Speakers Corner

I know you're joking(the laughing emoijs)

Edit
Commander Wallace wrote below this post
"It's the nature of Subsim to openly discuss things."
I couldn't agree more-But we have hundreds of threads where we discuss things openly. So here you have ONE thread where the author can speak freely without having to discuss it.
End edit

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 03-19-22 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-19-22, 11:29 AM   #10
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I've just have this idea that whoever it may be among us who has something on his or her heart may speak out without being quoted or questioning.

That's was my idea of this Speakers Corner

I know you're joking(the laughing emoijs)

Markus

Markus, It's the nature of Subsim to openly discuss things. The free exchange of ideas from people who live in different countries is one of the many great things about Subsim. Try not to dissuade that. I know you don't want things to escalate into a " free for all." Instead, have faith our members will follow the spirit of good will in their discussions and in following what you want as well.

For my part.

I guess for me it's the total lack of respect or regard for life, in general. The war in the Ukraine may seem distant for many. I haven't slept well since it started. Before any one asks, I have no hereditary connection to Russia or the Ukraine. War seems to bring out the worst in people. It can also bring out the best. A good number in the Russian forces have been branded as traitors for not engaging in indiscriminate killings. These high minded individuals in spite of their military training in Russia, surrendered in the Ukraine rather than kill what they consider, fellow countrymen.

Others in the Russian forces have no problems with killing women and children. The images of a young mother and her two young children dead in the street has bothered me since I saw it on the news. Reports have emerged of ten people or more being killed for simply waiting in line to buy bread. To be fair, in the age of “ fake news, “ I have tempered my judgments. Still, one can't ignore the shelling of nurseries and tenements and dwellings where people live.

We have a good number of Subsim members world wide and in the U.S that have a military and or law enforcement backgrounds. Unfortunately, I have not had the pleasure or privilege of meeting any of them, for example at Subsim meets. From our conversations though, I seriously doubt any of them would ever, even consider, violating the sanctity of life for any reason or price. They would temper any decisions with good judgments and a conscience. It makes no difference which side you are on. The end result is massive death, destruction and displacement for no reason at all. The costs on both sides have been enormous.

The easy decisions that people make to end someone's life without knowing them or having just cause disturbs me deeply. When these things happen, it's an a front to all of us and also de-values and de-humanizes us all. It bothers me how cheap a human life comes in our times. I'm relatively certain others feel the same way.

Edit. It's all good, Markus. Out of respect for you and your wishes, I refrained from commenting on Jeff's post. Still, The comments directed toward Jeff were ones of good will and understanding. That's yet another hallmark of Subsim. I don't believe limiting discussions or reply's to a particular post to be reasonable or logical. However, I will follow what you want.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 03-20-22 at 12:12 PM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-22, 12:07 PM   #11
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Markus, It's the nature of Subsim to openly discuss things. The free exchange of ideas from people who live in different countries is one of the many great things about Subsim. Try not to dissuade that. I know you don't want things to escalate into a " free for all." Instead, have faith our members will follow the spirit of good will in their discussions and in following what you want as well.

For my part.

I guess for me it's the total lack of respect or regard for life, in general. The war in the Ukraine may seem distant for many. I haven't slept well since it started. Before any one asks, I have no hereditary connection to Russia or the Ukraine. War seems to bring out the worst in people. It can also bring out the best. A good number in the Russian forces have been branded as traitors for not engaging in indiscriminate killings. These high minded individuals in spite of their military training in Russia, surrendered in the Ukraine rather than kill what they consider, fellow countrymen.

Others in the Russian forces have no problems with killing women and children. The images of a young mother and her two young children dead in the street has bothered me since I saw it on the news. Reports have emerged of ten people or more being killed for simply waiting in line to buy bread. To be fair, in the age of “ fake news, “ I have tempered my judgments. Still, one can't ignore the shelling of nurseries and tenements and dwellings where people live.

We have a good number of Subsim members world wide and in the U.S that have a military and or law enforcement backgrounds. Unfortunately, I have not had the pleasure or privilege of meeting any of them, for example at Subsim meets. From our conversations though, I seriously doubt any of them would ever, even consider, violating the sanctity of life for any reason or price. They would temper any decisions with good judgments and a conscience. It makes no difference which side you are on. The end result is massive death, destruction and displacement for no reason at all. The costs on both sides have been enormous.

The easy decisions that people make to end someone's life without knowing them or having just cause disturbs me deeply. When these things happen, it's an a front to all of us and also de-values and de-humanizes us all. It bothers me how cheap a human life comes in our times. I'm relatively certain others feel the same way.
I certainly do

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-22, 12:48 PM   #12
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Commander Wallace is right on spot.

I change the rules

Here you speak from your heart and we the reader write our answers from the bottom of our heart.

Markus

Old 03-20-22, 01:08 PM   #13
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Commander Wallace is right on spot.

I change the rules

Here you speak from your heart and we the reader write our answers from the bottom of our heart.

Markus
Well done, Markus. I have faith and confidence in our members and I'm sure you do as well for following what you want and maintaining decorum. In return, we can perhaps limit the scope of our responses or reply's. Readers can choose to reply or not. Great idea as well for this thread. I'm sure it will work out well.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-22, 01:17 PM   #14
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

I don't mind the responses to my post.
They do act as a way to heal what I feel.
And letting it out helps.

The Second Sin I suffer also involves a Cat.

Kia was the most beautiful little kitten at a Shop I worked in. For some reason She decided I was the Human she was adopting!
She'd be there every morning to greet me and follow me around.
She ignored everyone else for the most part.

I ended up bringing her home and spent many years with her.
She'd sleep in my lap, go to bed with me, follow me every where I went.
Nancy always called her my shadow.

As my job changed and I traveled more I'd be away from Kia for weeks at a time. And as She grew older, I saw a change.
She was not as excited to see me and was losing control of her functions.
Often not using her litter box but doing her business right in front of our bed room door.
I had planned to take her to the Vet but to avoid the stepping in her poo the next day before the visit?
I put her in a cage which I had never done before.

I woke up the next day and she had slipped away during the night.
Cold and lifeless. I held her body and cried like a baby.

Not for her passing but that I did not hold her in my lap as she passed away!
I put her in a cage to die alone.
Old 03-20-22, 08:09 PM   #15
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
I don't mind the responses to my post.
They do act as a way to heal what I feel.
And letting it out helps.

The Second Sin I suffer also involves a Cat.

Kia was the most beautiful little kitten at a Shop I worked in. For some reason She decided I was the Human she was adopting!
She'd be there every morning to greet me and follow me around.
She ignored everyone else for the most part.

I ended up bringing her home and spent many years with her.
She'd sleep in my lap, go to bed with me, follow me every where I went.
Nancy always called her my shadow.

As my job changed and I traveled more I'd be away from Kia for weeks at a time. And as She grew older, I saw a change.
She was not as excited to see me and was losing control of her functions.
Often not using her litter box but doing her business right in front of our bed room door.
I had planned to take her to the Vet but to avoid the stepping in her poo the next day before the visit?
I put her in a cage which I had never done before.

I woke up the next day and she had slipped away during the night.
Cold and lifeless. I held her body and cried like a baby.

Not for her passing but that I did not hold her in my lap as she passed away!
I put her in a cage to die alone.
losing a close pet can be really hard when i was in highschool dad got a puppy,this dog was pretty much mine he wouldn't even walk on a leash for anyone but me or go use the restroom if it wasn't me letting him out i move out i had to go over to dads just to let the dog out well he got up in age he got down couldn't move so dad had me come over and try to get the dog to come to me i try he couldn't do it and the dog wanted to do ended up walking over to him petted him and told dad the dog is suffering and needs to be put down