STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

This is what i have here....

Quote:
Coronavirus panic buying: Empty shelves at Sainsbury's

https://www.borehamwoodtimes.co.uk/n...es-sainsburys/
Selfish bastards, sod you i am all right, hope you bloody choke.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 06:47 PM   #1412
Traveller
Captain

Uploads: 0

Around 8:15 in the video, Belgian doctors are seeing more and more younger patients in their 30s-50s (with no underlying health problems) in critical condition with severe lung damage. Doctors in other countries have also stated the same.

Last edited by Traveller; 03-17-20 at 07:17 PM.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 07:07 PM   #1413
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Coronavirus 'emergency'? Oregon police ask people to stop calling 911 because they ran out of toilet paper

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-po...1-toilet-paper

Quote:
A police department in Oregon is urging people that if they’ve run out of toilet paper, it’s not worth calling 911.

The Newport Police Department posted the surprising message on its Facebook page as shoppers across the country have flocked to supermarkets to stock up on supplies amid the coronavirus pandemic that has put much of the world on edge.
Advice good enough for Steed

Quote:
“[T]here are always alternatives to toilet paper. Grocery receipts, newspaper, cloth rags, lace, cotton balls, and that empty toilet paper roll sitting on the holder right now,” the message read. “Plus, there are a variety of leaves you can safely use. Mother Earth News magazine will tell you how to make your own wipes using fifteen different leaves. When all else fails, you have magazine pages. Start saving those catalogs you get in the mail that you usually toss into the recycle bin. be resourceful. Be patient. There is a TP shortage. This too shall pass. Just don’t call 9-1-1. We cannot bring you toilet paper.”
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 07:08 PM   #1414
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
^ Have you been infected Skybird ?

If so, then I'm truly sad to hear this.

To another story

Some friend had posted a bulletin where my friend recommend us to stay home as long as possible in other words follow what the Danish politicians and the Danish authorities have told us.

Then one of my friends friend wrote:

"No (ugly word) politicians shall tell me what I shall do or not do, I do as I please."

Markus

Noooo. I was pulling Reece' leg. Shopuld have given his quote. But on my screen it appeared all on one forum page, not on two separate ones.
Old 03-17-20, 07:28 PM   #1415
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Noooo. I was pulling Reece' leg. Shopuld have given his quote. But on my screen it appeared all on one forum page, not on two separate ones.
You would have been the first infected here. Sorry, no roll of toilet paper prize for you.
Old 03-17-20, 07:53 PM   #1416
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post

Around 8:15 in the video, Belgian doctors are seeing more and more younger patients in their 30s-50s (with no underlying health problems) in critical condition with severe lung damage. Doctors in other countries have also stated the same.
Encouraging as always... And enraging. I knew there would be second waves, but this video provides me with a deeper insight into it.
Old 03-17-20, 08:01 PM   #1417
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

In hindsight this covid-19 is like a wave from China to Japan to South Korea to Iran to Italy to the USA for some of the worse cases like in Seattle should give us a clue of how it operates.

Just a small dumb observation that there is nothing between China and Seattle except the Pacific Ocean

I told you it was dumb Probably just some passenger that flew in from China, uh?

What did the other countries do right closer to China not to be that affected?

and one more thought what if you get tested testing negative and then get the virus? How many times will this be repeated?

and wait one more thought what in the hell will $1,000 for everyone do if they need to pay the rent, the utilities, the auto payments, credit cards, food, cell phone, internet, movies etc on and on.

wait one last thought: Solution meals on wheels by the National Guard for people that stay at home this isn't going to be over by April no siree not even May
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 08:04 PM   #1418
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Encouraging as always... And enraging. I knew there would be second waves, but this video provides me with a deeper insight into it.
Yes, a second wave will come once lockdowns are eased. It's unavoidable, because countries cannot remain in lockdown indefinitely while waiting for a vaccine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
What did the other countries do right closer to China not to be that affected?

and one more thought what if you get tested testing negative and then get the virus? How many times will this be repeated?
China, Singapore, Hong Kong, and South Korea all went into immediate and draconian lockdowns, plus started doing massive testing almost immediately, did very extreme contact tracing, quickly identified clusters, and squashed them. Also, all of their citizens were forced to wear surgical masks. This made a huge difference in reducing the spread of the virus.

Even though they saw what was happening in Asia and had ample time to prepare, the US and Europe waited too long in order to keep their economies humming along, but are now far past the point of containment and contact tracing because it has already spread everywhere. Their healthcare systems are about to get crushed with a huge increase of infected patients. Spare hospital beds, ICU rooms, ventilators, and PPE were already in short supply even before this pandemic began. It's going to get ugly very quickly. Nothing like any of us have ever seen.

And the bigger question is why there are many reports of fully recovered patients with no more symptoms becoming reinfected again (with symptoms) within 3-4 weeks after testing negative? Relapse? A new strain? No immunity? This is very worrying.

Last edited by Traveller; 03-17-20 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-17-20, 08:07 PM   #1419
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Then one of my friends friend wrote:

"No (ugly word) politicians shall tell me what I shall do or not do, I do as I please."

Markus

I think your friend is right. Government can't make you do anything you dont want to do. It can only make you wish you had.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 08:35 PM   #1420
August
Wayfaring Stranger

I am curious. Is it possible to tell whether a person had the virus earlier and has now recovered? I know more than one person who is pretty sure they had something at least very similar back around the beginning of February.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 08:54 PM   #1421
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I am curious. Is it possible to tell whether a person had the virus earlier and has now recovered? I know more than one person who is pretty sure they had something at least very similar back around the beginning of February.

I dont think there is a way to determine what they had without being tested for the virus. There was some talk early on about blood plasma from those who recovered from COVID-19 may help treat others, but I haven't heard much about it lately.

Old 03-17-20, 09:01 PM   #1422
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Yes, it is possible, apparently.

Current tests do test for presence of RNA, which means: the virus is there.

A new test that is hoped to be released soon tests for the presence of antibodies instead, which means the person's body has had a reason to form them: and that is the virus was or is present. This test does not tell you, however, whether the virus is still there, or is a thing of the past.
Old 03-17-20, 09:07 PM   #1423
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Yes, a second wave will come once lockdowns are eased. It's unavoidable, because countries cannot remain in lockdown indefinitely while waiting for a vaccine.
That makes the strategy, if it is being run, a very risky approach. Because if the others fought the first wave, and delayed sufficiently until by surprise a vaccine becomes avialable earlier than expected, the politician saying "let it burn through" will be seen as a mass murderer. Indeed I called Johnson somewhere that in some postig when I learned that he early adopted to the concept. He would have accepted the high losses of the first wave, while the others kept them down - and by vaccination avoided the second wave, the rebound. Apparently the UK seems to have moved away from that approach, however.

I am now in paralysis over what to think of these two concepts in comparison. The ethical implications are mindboggling. I HATE to be in this state.

I thin k I tend to still agree with the European way, fightign the first wave, delaying, an then delaying and delaying and hoping that it wins enough time for the vaccine to arrive.

This virus is diabolic. They say 50-75% of cases are asymptomatic? That has written "nightmare" all opver it. Good luck with containing such a beast. I aloso predict, but that is my own guessing only, that this would mean it is very susceptible to mutate easily.

Well, apparently it was designed as a weapoin, so what else to expect than destruction maximised. This was then developed not so much to take out troops, but to disrupt civil societies and destroy their financial-economic basis.

When this all is kind of under control, it is high time to start playing extra-tough with China. They must pay for this, accidental escape or not. And they must be stopped. Their aggfressive grab for dominance, both economically and militarily, has become a danger for the rest of the world. The deaths we already have, are an act of war.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-17-20 at 09:18 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 09:09 PM   #1424
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:

China, Singapore, Hong Kong, and South Korea all went into immediate and draconian lockdowns, plus started doing massive testing almost immediately, did very extreme contact tracing, quickly identified clusters, and squashed them. Also, all of their citizens were forced to wear surgical masks. This made a huge difference in reducing the spread of the virus.
As your prosperity tree guy has said right at the beginning of his video those numbers are 'botched'. Yet he continues to use them to peddle his encouragement.

Quote:
Even though they saw what was happening in Asia and had ample time to prepare, the US and Europe waited too long in order to keep their economies humming along, but are now far past the point of containment and contact tracing because it has already spread everywhere. Their healthcare systems are about to get crushed with a huge increase of infected patients. Spare hospital beds, ICU rooms, ventilators, and PPE were already in short supply even before this pandemic began. It's going to get ugly very quickly. Nothing like any of us have ever seen.
It has been widely acknowledged China was battling this virus long before they notified anyone what they were up against. It began spreading throughout this planet long before any of us even knew about it or could close our borders. Furthermore it is also widely known no government or private entity on the planet was prepared for this kind of thing. Its slow going but we are heading in the right direction. I also think we will be better prepared next time something like this happens. Time will tell.

Quote:
And the bigger question is why there are many reports of fully recovered patients with no more symptoms becoming reinfected again (with symptoms) within 3-4 weeks after testing negative? Relapse? A new strain? No immunity? This is very worrying.
You can go to any reputable source and find out why. “If you get an infection, your immune system is revved up against that virus,” “To get reinfected again when you’re in that situation would be quite unusual unless your immune system was not functioning right.”

just my opinions.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-17-20 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-17-20, 09:21 PM   #1425
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I dont think there is a way to determine what they had without being tested for the virus. There was some talk early on about blood plasma from those who recovered from COVID-19 may help treat others, but I haven't heard much about it lately.

So in other words there could be millions of people who have gotten and recovered from Covid without ever knowing what it was, and if they were counted through a post illness test then the mortality rate (and perhaps some of the panic) would be significantly diminished.
August is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan