SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-12-09, 05:20 PM   #946
Deep Six
Ensign

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Six
First patrol from Subpac, and I'm heading out towards Japan (Bungo Suido) to be exact, when I get a RA message telling me to now use Surabaya as my Base..I'm kinda flummoked as to why this might be as I'm assigned to Subpac and want to STAY there for awhile...Is this all part of the TM+RSRD and i have just been unlucky with a base change.

Deep Six
Your home Base will always be marked by an Archor on a 45 deg angle, the message you receive is part of RSRDC to tell all the SubSoWesPac Subs that thier home base has changed, there are numerous messages like this to add more emersion to the game and some that will be hints as to where to find taskforces and such.

Steve
Ah now I understand, I didn't realise that "Home Base" was 45 deg angle...Glad I found that one out quickly cos I was gonna be heading to surabaya!!..I quess RSRD cannot differentiate between patrol groups so the message is more generic...

Cheers for the heads up....I really do need to read the manual again, plus my nice shiney recognition manual and notepad and start using the pen I got too...

Deep Six
Old 02-12-09, 05:30 PM   #947
sneekyzeke
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivank
I have just clean installed SH4 for OM, and I have ran into the same problem that prevented me from playing it in the 1st place! I hit F12 for the external cam, and nothing happens! any ideas?

My mods:
TMO 1.6.2
TMO 1.6.3
GERMAN VOICES
OM V600
OM PATCH 2
OM PATCH 2 HOTFIX
ivank, verify that the F12 command in your data\cfg\commands.cfg (open with notepad) shows the "user_free_camera" command; if so, when you start a campaign and you are in the office before your first mission, click on the radio on the bookshelf on the left, which is "options". Untick (or tick, i forget) the "external camera" check box, and you should be good to go. Hope this helps.
sneekyzeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-09, 06:18 PM   #948
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneekyzeke
Quote:
I have just clean installed SH4 for OM, and I have ran into the same problem that prevented me from playing it in the 1st place! I hit F12 for the external cam, and nothing happens! any ideas?

My mods:
TMO 1.6.2
TMO 1.6.3
GERMAN VOICES
OM V600
OM PATCH 2
OM PATCH 2 HOTFIX
ivank, verify that the F12 command in your data\cfg\commands.cfg (open with notepad) shows the "user_free_camera" command; if so, when you start a campaign and you are in the office before your first mission, click on the radio on the bookshelf on the left, which is "options". Untick (or tick, i forget) the "external camera" check box, and you should be good to go. Hope this helps.
Okay thanks I will try now!

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-09, 02:37 AM   #949
JoeCorrado
Weps

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 5

Duci, you continue to amaze!

Every facet of TMO from documentation to the smallest of details- nothing seems to escape your careful and masterful attention.

The work that you put into TMO goes so far above and beyond that simple thanks is not nearly enough although it is offered anyway. Thank you, sir! My hat is off to you.

My Game starts with GFO - Keepin' it real as it needs to be!
JoeCorrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-09, 01:52 PM   #950
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneekyzeke
Quote:

My mods:
TMO 1.6.2
TMO 1.6.3
GERMAN VOICES
OM V600
OM PATCH 2
OM PATCH 2 HOTFIX
Thanks man! that worked

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-09, 07:47 PM   #951
Deep Six
Ensign

Downloads: 104

Okay It's official I'm a Noob again, can't even READ the bloody messages proper..

New message

TO TF3 <<<<<< Missed this bit didn't I........

Sheesh wot a plonker!!

Deep Six
Old 02-14-09, 08:06 PM   #952
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Ducimus posted on the Ubi forums that 1.7 is in the works. Here is the change log so far...

http://forum.kickinbak.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1427
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-09, 02:28 PM   #953
Lafferty
Officer

Downloads: 51

Could someone give me the link to the TMO 1.4 download? I have searched and can only find 1.5 and 1.6
Lafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-09, 07:41 PM   #954
Captain Dave
Officer

Downloads: 398
Uploads: 3

Here you go...http://hosted.filefront.com/Ducimus554/2193187
It's TMO .7z
Captain Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-09, 09:45 PM   #955
Lafferty
Officer

Downloads: 51

oh duh thanks I was overlooking it.
Lafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-09, 01:05 AM   #956
Grizzybear
Watch

Downloads: 18
Default Confused

Please bear with me for Iam new at this. I have just attempted to dowload tmo and iam not sure I have done so successfully. I noted that the deck crew should have more men..but I havent seen that when I manned it..also you should have more career options and there was none. So my thoughts is I did something wrong..so here i go.
I have the following
SH 1.5
tmo 162 overhaul II
tmo patch 163
rsrdc tmo 163 v410
rsrdc v4xx patch1
3000 meter bearing tool

I am not sure if I got this right so if anyone could aid me with anything Iam doing wrong. Or if I got it all right then what should I look for!
Old 02-16-09, 11:08 AM   #957
banjo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 55

I'm not sure what you are asking about the gun crew and careers, but your download looks good to me.

You should have a half dozen or so crew slots for the deck gun in your crew screen, and when you start a career one of the options offered is difficulty--Easy, Normal, Hard (or something like that) and Realistic. Also, when you start a new career don't forget to reset your game options in the 'office' prior to starting your first patrol.
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-09, 01:09 PM   #958
antares81
Swabbie

Downloads: 24

I thought "Sonar Contacts on Surface" was removed in TMO. Has this been changed with the newer versions?

I was able to pick up Sonar using TMo 1.6.3 and RSRD latest.

Not complaining, just need clarification.
Thanks,
Kevin
antares81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-09, 03:35 PM   #959
markdenny
Sparky

Downloads: 216
tmowtw 163

Ive just downloaded tmowtw all is fine except i cannot now operate my radio and listen to music the icon is there on the hud and says something about campaign map aswell but no radio appears on the screen so that i can tune in and listen any ideas,pleae help.
markdenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-09, 04:27 PM   #960
antares81
Swabbie

Downloads: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdenny
Ive just downloaded tmowtw all is fine except i cannot now operate my radio and listen to music the icon is there on the hud and says something about campaign map aswell but no radio appears on the screen so that i can tune in and listen any ideas,pleae help.
Look up in the top left of the screen. You will see a little window open up there.
There radio buttons are the red ones at the bottom.
antares81 is offline   Reply With Quote