SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-14, 05:44 AM   #11
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Well, its last but not least about habits, isn'T it. The two Anschütz mentioned are two of my three preferred rifles, and I run the 9.3 with a hit rating of 94% in the statistics, I think. What I hit with it, no matter the range, usually drops. I must say I had more problems with the .300 when shooting elks and black bears at long distances, too many aftersearches.

The looks, I do not like the plastic shafts either, but the .300, the original one, is an old graphics work of theirs, and it shows in the details. Later rifles their artist designed are polished with more love and details. The bonus version of it that currently cannot be bought, looks better already. That's what I meant. All the old rifles like the .240 or .270 look old by now.

I like the scope of the .300.

Against my original intention I got the 7mm Magnum rifle. Actually it is a damn good kit in the game, absolute precision and good penetration power, not complaining with even the heaviest game there is, doing slightly less damage than the 9.3 and .300. It seems many people in the forum say that for them this is the most effective rifle in the game now. Its just that I cannot get used to the looks and the sound of it. The 2x shotgun and the two Anschütz rifles imo are the best sounding rifles in the game. And then there is the .454, of course. I do not leave the lodge without it anymore. I will level the Bullpup to 100 kills for the HS point boni, 20 kills still missing, then leave it behind.

Heck, us players run around in that virtual wilderness, armed to the teeth with multiple firearms as if we are going to war...

Last edited by Skybird; 09-26-14 at 05:55 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote