SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-01-08, 08:46 PM   #121
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargexmy
so anyone have experienced with why the Sunderland can attack my sub when it is 50M below water?? its MGs are firing right on my sub and will pass over again and again to strafe.
But I suffer no damage b/c im pretty deep under.

Also after i enable time compression to skip this to night time, immediately after going back to 1X, my boat gets damaged with bulk head blown and heavy flooding.
Are you using TMO? TMO gives aircraft the ability to spot subs underwater. It is mentioned in the readme. An unintentional side effect is the planes may spot you at deeper depths.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 08:59 PM   #122
akdavis
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx_Killer
Quote:
so anyone have experienced with why the Sunderland can attack my sub when it is 50M below water?? its MGs are firing right on my sub and will pass over again and again to strafe.

Also after i enable time compression to skip this to night time, immediately after going back to 1X, my boat gets damaged with bulk head blown and heavy flooding.
Are you using TMO? TMO gives aircraft the ability to spot subs underwater. It is mentioned in the readme. An unintentional side effect is the planes may spot you at deeper depths.
I had this happen without TM. A B-24 attacked me in my duck on the surface in the Bay of Biscay. I went down to 25m and he continued to attack me, so I went down to 35, then 45 and finally 55m. He followed me for hours repeatedly strafing the surface above my sub. This was during a '43 war patrol, I believe.
Old 05-01-08, 09:26 PM   #123
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
so anyone have experienced with why the Sunderland can attack my sub when it is 50M below water?? its MGs are firing right on my sub and will pass over again and again to strafe
This is "As Designed", check the Readme file.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 09:27 PM   #124
sargexmy
Swabbie

Downloads: 20

No i do not have TMO,

only have stock 1.5 with OM, OM patch3 and some sound mods.

Um what about the ending compression resulting in damaged U Boat?? Is this a bug or suppose to be like this??
sargexmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 09:30 PM   #125
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Um what about the ending compression resulting in damaged U Boat?? Is this a bug or suppose to be like this??
Without details as to "where & when" this problem happen I cannot comment.
Old 05-02-08, 10:01 AM   #126
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdavis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx_Killer
Quote:

I had this happen without TM. A B-24 attacked me in my duck on the surface in the Bay of Biscay. I went down to 25m and he continued to attack me, so I went down to 35, then 45 and finally 55m. He followed me for hours repeatedly strafing the surface above my sub. This was during a '43 war patrol, I believe.
Yes, its working very well. My first two patrols were a misery of aircraft over the Bay of Biscay, I ignored the radar warning and that B-24 gave me the what for...once they get the fix...they are very persistant. No TC please...you have to evade in real time.

I now wait for darkness and race to get into deep water.

Oh, I run OM on its own dedicated install. Third patrol now, really nice. Oh, did I hear a Drum Beat?

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-08, 12:51 PM   #127
sargexmy
Swabbie

well the damage happens like this:
I'm 50M below water, Sunderland continuously strafe my exact location, but I suffer no damage b/c im pretty deep.

I turn on 64X TC to skip all this until the sun sets. When going back to 1X, boat suffers damanges

maybe i should not use TC and wait the 6 hours real time for the sun to set??
Old 05-02-08, 05:39 PM   #128
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
I'm 50M below water, Sunderland continuously strafe my exact location, but I suffer no damage b/c im pretty deep.

I turn on 64X TC to skip all this until the sun sets. When going back to 1X, boat suffers damanges

How many times has this happen. What date? what location?
Old 05-02-08, 06:27 PM   #129
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

RE: submerged visual detection by aircraft.

In the case of allied aircover, (which i believe was superior to japanese aircover in terms of radar and number of aircraft present to patrol) you may consider changing the minsurface factor on the air visual nodes from -2.2 (and i think -3.0), to a lesser value. This will shrink the radius that submerged detection is possible. Perhaps -2.0? Just an idea.

As an aside, i also believe enviormental mods will play a larger role in visual detection radius through their wave settings. Calmer waters (lesser/flatter waves) could mean better visual detection, regardless of whats in the sim.cfg. So one could conceiveably balance visual sensors for one scene.dat, only to have them unbalanced in another scene.dat with different wave settings. Just an unsubstantiated hunch on my part.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-08, 07:34 PM   #130
sargexmy
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:

This happens during the beginning of the first mission with the earliest campaign start date. I finally made out of the Lorient area and able to enable 4096 compression.

After a bit, my radar detects signals. It is the sunderland plane. I slow to 1x and dive to 50m. Somehow im spotted by the Sunderland plane and it keeps strafing me over and over again...

But i receive no damage since im 50M below water.

I get tired of waiting so I use 64X TC to let time pass.
The plane attacked me during the day time, So i want to use TC to skip to night time, when I assume the plane would leave, so I can surface and recharge and continue on.

I would not like to run the game for 6 hours real time just to end the plane encounter.

So when I get to night time, I end TC by going back to 1x TC

This is when my boat suddenly get ~36 hull damage, several bulk heads damaged, heavy flooding, etc.

I have tried this first mission of the earliest campaign 3 times. Each time the plane is able to find me; I do exactly the same actions, and each time I ended up with ship damage and flooding after immediately after I end TC (the hull damage is different each time, but I always get bulk head damaged and flooding).

hope this clarifies and thanks!
Old 05-03-08, 07:28 AM   #131
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This happens during the beginning of the first mission with the earliest campaign start date. I finally made out of the Lorient area and able to enable 4096 compression.

After a bit, my radar detects signals. It is the sunderland plane. I slow to 1x and dive to 50m. Somehow im spotted by the Sunderland plane and it keeps strafing me over and over again...

The plane attacked me during the day time, So i want to use TC to skip to night time, when I assume the plane would leave, so I can surface and recharge and continue on.

I would not like to run the game for 6 hours real time just to end the plane encounter.

This is when my boat suddenly get ~36 hull damage, several bulk heads damaged, heavy flooding, etc.

I have tried this first mission of the earliest campaign 3 times. Each time the plane is able to find me; I do exactly the same actions, and each time I ended up with ship damage and flooding after immediately after I end TC (the hull damage is different each time, but I always get bulk head damaged and flooding).

I still require a "location" of where this happen ?
Old 05-03-08, 01:57 PM   #132
sargexmy
Swabbie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

sailing out of lorient to the first waypoint (straightline) (of first campng. mission) somewhere above Spain. The area of ocean I got attacked by Sunderland plane is no deeper than 69 m (checked with sonar). As for exact location, I dont know the longitude or latitute. Also I deleted the game for now so no saved game; have college final exams
Old 05-03-08, 02:11 PM   #133
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

sailing out of lorient to the first waypoint (straightline) (of first campng. mission) somewhere above Spain. The area of ocean I got attacked by Sunderland plane is no deeper than 69 m (checked with sonar). As for exact location, I dont know the longitude or latitute. Also I deleted the game for now so no saved game; have college final exams
I will look into this next week, as I'm working a another project this weekend. You may have "hit bottom" in shallow water.
Old 05-04-08, 09:14 PM   #134
ManoFDeep
Nub

Downloads: 6
Default Hi all

Hi Lurker first of all thx for this mod and thx for give always your best in your projects.Well since this is my first post, altrough I'm a costant reader of the board,I will make only one for now.I wonder if its normal that my damage team have only two crew members?
Thx again
ManoFDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-08, 10:48 PM   #135
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoFDeep
Hi Lurker first of all thx for this mod and thx for give always your best in your projects.Well since this is my first post, altrough I'm a costant reader of the board,I will make only one for now.I wonder if its normal that my damage team have only two crew members?
Thx again
Yes, but you can add more from the other compartments if you want to