SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-28-08, 09:51 AM   #106
barndog
A-ganger

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Default lurker Just wondering if you might be willing

To mod OM to accept the mods a put crews aboard the surface ships.

Love the Atlantis raider mod but can't use in OM cause there is no crew available.

(0r perhaps you could teach me) and I would be willing to crew up the surface ship mods for others so we could ALL use em with OM
barndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-08, 12:30 PM   #107
Will-Rommel
Chief

Downloads: 81

Yeah same problem here! I don't have enough crew to operate my surfaces vessel in OM!
Old 04-28-08, 06:21 PM   #108
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by barndog
To mod OM to accept the mods a put crews aboard the surface ships.

Love the Atlantis raider mod but can't use in OM cause there is no crew available.

(0r perhaps you could teach me) and I would be willing to crew up the surface ship mods for others so we could ALL use em with OM

“DO NOT USE” The Playable German commerce raider HK Atlantis for SH4 1.5 with OM. It is “NOT” Compatible
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-08, 06:52 PM   #109
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I just left Lorient in August 1943 and by arriving at the first waypoint on my trip, I have not yet seen an allied aircraft I thought the Bay of Biscay should be hell already by now, but nope. Admittingly, I have used high TC rates (With two children I have little time to play ) around the 2048 mark, yet in stock SH4 I never experienced problems due to that. Aircraft spawned and attacked me at hight TC rates well. :hmm:
There are currently no changes between the V100 and the patches that would cause this. but I will look into just the same.
Old 04-29-08, 09:46 AM   #110
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I just left Lorient in August 1943 and by arriving at the first waypoint on my trip, I have not yet seen an allied aircraft I thought the Bay of Biscay should be hell already by now, but nope. Admittingly, I have used high TC rates (With two children I have little time to play ) around the 2048 mark, yet in stock SH4 I never experienced problems due to that. Aircraft spawned and attacked me at hight TC rates well. :hmm:
There are currently no changes between the V100 and the patches that would cause this. but I will look into just the same.
Thank you, for having a look, no hurry.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 01:55 AM   #111
sargexmy
Swabbie

Downloads: 20
performance issues with OM

Hey,

So just installed OM on a clean SHIV 1.5 . Then I installed patch 3, and then ROW Sound Mod 9. Finally I installed the German Sound (voices) fix mod from the SHIV UBM mods section.

Started first mission in 1943 at Lorient. My game starts with 14 to 15 fps. If i use 32x or above, the game goes down to 5 fps!!!!!
I am running at 1280x800 and with graphic settings at Medium (except with Glare ON, 3D ship damage to max, and Detailed Waves OFF.). Sound setting: sounds and 3D sound channels to max. THe realistic time travel option is turned OFF).

My computer: Toshiba P100-ST9752
T5600 1.83 Core 2Duo
3GB DDR2-667 RAM
Geforce Go 7900GTX 512MB GDDR (new 174.74 drivers)
External USB 5.1 Turtle Beach Advantage Roadie sound card
***Game is running of 74GB WD Raptor via eSATA.

anyone know why my comp run this sooo slow??
sargexmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 04:45 AM   #112
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargexmy
Hey,

So just installed OM on a clean SHIV 1.5 . Then I installed patch 3, and then ROW Sound Mod 9. Finally I installed the German Sound (voices) fix mod from the SHIV UBM mods section.

Started first mission in 1943 at Lorient. My game starts with 14 to 15 fps. If i use 32x or above, the game goes down to 5 fps!!!!!
I am running at 1280x800 and with graphic settings at Medium (except with Glare ON, 3D ship damage to max, and Detailed Waves OFF.). Sound setting: sounds and 3D sound channels to max. THe realistic time travel option is turned OFF).

My computer: Toshiba P100-ST9752
T5600 1.83 Core 2Duo
3GB DDR2-667 RAM
Geforce Go 7900GTX 512MB GDDR (new 174.74 drivers)
External USB 5.1 Turtle Beach Advantage Roadie sound card
***Game is running of 74GB WD Raptor via eSATA.

anyone know why my comp run this sooo slow??
For starters, welcome aboard!
What was your FPS count before installing those mods? Also, what OS do you use? XP or Vista? Try disabling the mods one by one, and see how your rig performs.

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 04:57 AM   #113
sargexmy
Swabbie

Before OM mod, in port (e.g. Singapore) 20 to 25 fps
with acceleration, up to 1024x i get around 9 to 12 fps where the mouse is still movable. ONce i move out of the port, fps jumps to 120 in 2d view and 50 to 60 in 3D.

Also I have noticed that in the first mission starting 1943, the lone Sunderland plane is able to spot me when I was 50m below water!! It keep strafing me.
So I let the time accelerate at 64X to 128X. After a couple of hours, I feel that it should stop and leave now, since its night time, I bring time compression back to 1X. Immediately, my boat suffers numourous damages, including most bulk head broken, heavy flooding, battery damage, etc.

What is up with that???
Old 05-01-08, 05:14 AM   #114
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39

Quote:
I'm experiencing the same thing(not that bad though), and it seems that the cause is nothing more than the huge amount of "stuff" in Lorient. The fact that your FPS jumps back to normal out of port also points to that direction. There's so much more going on in that port than many of the Pacific ports that a slow-down is to be expected.
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 09:21 AM   #115
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincuan
Quote:
I'm experiencing the same thing(not that bad though), and it seems that the cause is nothing more than the huge amount of "stuff" in Lorient. The fact that your FPS jumps back to normal out of port also points to that direction. There's so much more going on in that port than many of the Pacific ports that a slow-down is to be expected.
Have done three patrol starts out of Lorient, its a processor hog. I now just check the start out of port box and there you go done deal! Saves a trip through the harbor. Thats all.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 09:22 AM   #116
akdavis
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 0

Yes, it is Lorient. I get 60+ FPS out on the OS, but drop to the area of 15 in Lorient. Also, be very careful approaching Lorient under high time compression.
Old 05-01-08, 07:05 PM   #117
DS
Planesman

Downloads: 85
Default Mod effect on Skins?

I'm noticing that my modded hull textures for the IX-D2 do not seem to display with the Operation Monun mod. The tower textures display fine, but even moddifying all three of the stock hull texture files (light grey, medium grey, and sonar coated) results in the sub model using the stock hull texture for some reason.

Did this mod make any changes to the model mapping? Is there something else I'm missing?
Old 05-01-08, 07:44 PM   #118
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS
Did this mod make any changes to the model mapping? Is there something else I'm missing?
I made no changes in that area
Old 05-01-08, 08:04 PM   #119
DS
Planesman

Downloads: 85

Interesting.:hmm:

I wonder what's causing this. I will look into it more.

Operation Monsun is a great mod BTW. I've very much looking forward to your Drum Beat mod!
Old 05-01-08, 08:43 PM   #120
sargexmy
Swabbie

so anyone have experienced with why the Sunderland can attack my sub when it is 50M below water?? its MGs are firing right on my sub and will pass over again and again to strafe.
But I suffer no damage b/c im pretty deep under.

Also after i enable time compression to skip this to night time, immediately after going back to 1X, my boat gets damaged with bulk head blown and heavy flooding.