SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-23-21, 09:40 AM   #1
Drach
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Default More mods ... does order matter.

I sunk my first freighter last night ... more luck than skill ... but it went down.

I've been watching some videos and I'm interested in some of the navigation tools they used. I assume they came from mods. Does anyone know/recommend mods that might add them?

I loaded 2 twos mega-mods. Are there older mods I shouldn't add? I've read about people using certain mod launchers. The problem is that some of the posts are almost 10 years old. What should I be using in 2022?
Drach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-21, 11:22 AM   #2
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drach View Post
I sunk my first freighter last night ... more luck than skill ... but it went down.

I've been watching some videos and I'm interested in some of the navigation tools they used. I assume they came from mods. Does anyone know/recommend mods that might add them?

I loaded 2 twos mega-mods. Are there older mods I shouldn't add? I've read about people using certain mod launchers. The problem is that some of the posts are almost 10 years old. What should I be using in 2022?
1. Order matters.
2. Managing mods is best done through JGSME mod manager, with exception of TWoS which has its own installation program (if you want to add other mods to TWoS after its installation, add them to TWoS Parts folder and activate through JGSME which is included after TWoS installation). Be very careful what you add though, especially since many popular mods had their versions added to TWoS and installing them over TWoS is a recipe for CTD.
3. What do you mean by "I loaded 2 twos mega-mods"?
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-21, 11:56 AM   #3
Drach
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

The twos mods I installed were called mega mods since they contained multiple mods.
Drach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-21, 12:44 PM   #4
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drach View Post
The twos mods I installed were called mega mods since they contained multiple mods.
Yes but there's one megamod called twos, so I don't really get how did you install two? Do you mean two versions?
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote