SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-27-23, 07:40 AM   #1681
rOPbIHbI4
Swabbie

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0
radar

fitzcarraldo, I use only OneAlex archive files from YouTube link, not more.

Quote:
You are using MaGUI
Yes. At modern systems some letters, numbers and menus very small, especially in old games... 1360х768 help me a little bit increase picture and menu, + in night attack eyes more comfortable because of black background...

About Dogger Bank

I deleted all old files, downloaded new archive again, start new career with no mods and go to AN59... Atlantis is there)

Please, guys, start new career or 1 patrol mission and go at this patrol sector for found about 10-15 buildings... At 1024x they are fly by 1-2 second...

Quote:
I´ll report if I see this in my OneAlex
Please do it, i have no Discord...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (83.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (85.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (86.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (89.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (85.5 KB, 19 views)
rOPbIHbI4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-23, 08:33 AM   #1682
Mister_M
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 27

Hi. Please, send me :

- data/Terrain/Locations.cfg file
- data/Terrain/locations folder

... and I will delete the Atlantis village.
Mister_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-23, 12:16 PM   #1683
rOPbIHbI4
Swabbie

Downloads: 65

Mister_M, done, see private message.
rOPbIHbI4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-23, 04:22 AM   #1684
Mister_M
Grey Wolf

I don't see any problems in the Locations.

Not having the mod installed and not being able to access the campain files (I get a CTD), I will wait for Fitzcarraldo's report before investigating deeper.
Old 10-29-23, 09:07 AM   #1685
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by rOPbIHbI4 View Post
fitzcarraldo, I use only OneAlex archive files from YouTube link, not more.

Yes. At modern systems some letters, numbers and menus very small, especially in old games... 1360х768 help me a little bit increase picture and menu, + in night attack eyes more comfortable because of black background...

About Dogger Bank

I deleted all old files, downloaded new archive again, start new career with no mods and go to AN59... Atlantis is there)

Please, guys, start new career or 1 patrol mission and go at this patrol sector for found about 10-15 buildings... At 1024x they are fly by 1-2 second...

Please do it, i have no Discord...
I can confirm that I have seen this too, nothing I can do about it unless Onealex himself looks at it and that is highly unlikely as he's in the middle of a warzone right now and hasn't been heard or seen from in over 3 months.

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-23, 11:13 AM   #1686
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Originally Posted by 880-5 View Post
Hello, how is the Onealex mod installed? Many greetings
Download it, and copy the "SH3" folder in your main directory. Start SH3.exe, put your options (only german for voices, video, music...), exit the game. Start SH3 Commander, select your options, and play...You can change the options for Hsie and Stiebler mods with the apps in the folder "support". You have some addon mods in the "mods" folder, activate them via JSGME.

That´s all...

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.

Last edited by fitzcarraldo; 10-30-23 at 03:32 PM.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-23, 11:24 AM   #1687
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
I don't see any problems in the Locations.

Not having the mod installed and not being able to access the campain files (I get a CTD), I will wait for Fitzcarraldo's report before investigating deeper.
I made a "raking" in the sector:

Coordinates: 54 grad ~30 min N, 1 grad ~45 min E
Patrol sector: AN59 (~AN5932)

but I do not see anything in the area (I´m not Robert Ballard, though ).

Also, the cfg file doesn´t contain any entry about "Atlantis".

My installation is a pure GWX OneAlex 1.53 downloaded via the link in YouTube. For this search, no mods added.

I opened de campaign.LND file with ME and there are (not in the exact position), some "ENV..." entries, but in the game I didn´t see the buildings.

Maybe is it a corrupted copy of OneAlex mod? Maybe you do not delete the SH3 folder in "my documents" before install the 1.53 version? Maybe some savegame created a corrupted scenery and appear the buildings?

I´ll report if I find something in the zone.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-23, 03:46 PM   #1688
juliantheblaze22
Swabbie

Downloads: 39
Default Atlantis?

It’s probably an Easter egg could have even been put in by Ubisoft. I have heard a lot of content was cut from the final game like being able to. Call in air strikes or being able to search merchants. And **** like a full interior. Just combing through the game files alone reveals tons of stuff
juliantheblaze22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-23, 10:31 AM   #1689
K-61
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 39

I installed this mod today. I'm a very experienced player and mod user from many years ago, just returning to the game.

I have the game all set up and a small number of mods installed in OneAlex via the included JSGME. No conflicts there. The game starts fine using SH3 Commander and I am trying to start a new career. After choosing my new captain's flotilla and starting year the loading bar quickly fills to full red, but then just sits there. I waited patiently for 25 minutes and nothing happens. I've tried numerous times, both with a new career and just trying to load a naval academy exam. Same result each time: loading bar quickly reaches full red and then does nothing.

My computer is not new but is no slouch, either. It is a Dell gaming rig with 8 GB video card and 16 GB of system RAM. It has always loaded other mods very quickly as I have an SSD as my C:\ drive.

This one is stumping me and if I cannot get it to run I am going to cry, knowing I am losing out on a great mod.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Edit: Here are a few more details for my system...

CPU: Intel i7 9700K @ 3.6 GHz
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 8 GB GDDR6
System: Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 16 GB RAM
Old 11-08-23, 12:04 PM   #1690
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131

We have similar systems and the Onealex mod typically takes 20+ minutes to load on my machine. My rules for visually complex mods like Onealex or Fifi are:
Wait,
Wait some more,
Wait longer than you want,
Wait longer than you should,
Wait longer than you have,
Keep waiting, and at some point it should start.

Check for conflicts, sometimes a error message window opens behind the game which must be closed before the loading can complete. If present, it will generally detail where the error is, often an entry in the ...\Menu_1064_768.ini is the offending file. If the loading bar appears to have frozen, minimize SH3 to see if it generated the error message.

Fifi's latest mod takes more than 25-minutes to load, a bit longer than Onealex v53.

If there are no hidden issues, it then becomes up to you whether the waiting is worth the results, a value judgement that only you can make. Good Luck!

-C
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-23, 12:24 PM   #1691
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-61 View Post
I installed this mod today. I'm a very experienced player and mod user from many years ago, just returning to the game.

I have the game all set up and a small number of mods installed in OneAlex via the included JSGME. No conflicts there. The game starts fine using SH3 Commander and I am trying to start a new career. After choosing my new captain's flotilla and starting year the loading bar quickly fills to full red, but then just sits there. I waited patiently for 25 minutes and nothing happens. I've tried numerous times, both with a new career and just trying to load a naval academy exam. Same result each time: loading bar quickly reaches full red and then does nothing.

My computer is not new but is no slouch, either. It is a Dell gaming rig with 8 GB video card and 16 GB of system RAM. It has always loaded other mods very quickly as I have an SSD as my C:\ drive.

This one is stumping me and if I cannot get it to run I am going to cry, knowing I am losing out on a great mod.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Edit: Here are a few more details for my system...

CPU: Intel i7 9700K @ 3.6 GHz
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 8 GB GDDR6
System: Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 16 GB RAM
First thing to try is uninstalling any mods you've added and try the game with just the stock OA mod. If that works, then one of the mods is the problem.
It may be that the 4gb patch of the H.sie patch isn't working correctly, but try the above first.
Old 11-08-23, 12:26 PM   #1692
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer View Post
We have similar systems and the Onealex mod typically takes 20+ minutes to load on my machine. My rules for visually complex mods like Onealex or Fifi are:
Wait,
Wait some more,
Wait longer than you want,
Wait longer than you should,
Wait longer than you have,
Keep waiting, and at some point it should start.

Check for conflicts, sometimes a error message window opens behind the game which must be closed before the loading can complete. If present, it will generally detail where the error is, often an entry in the ...\Menu_1064_768.ini is the offending file. If the loading bar appears to have frozen, minimize SH3 to see if it generated the error message.

Fifi's latest mod takes more than 25-minutes to load, a bit longer than Onealex v53.

If there are no hidden issues, it then becomes up to you whether the waiting is worth the results, a value judgement that only you can make. Good Luck!

-C
25 minutes, that's crazy! If you can, maybe get some more ram. I have 32mb and both mods load in a couple or three minutes. Only 16 more megs of ram shouldn't make that much difference though.....
Old 11-08-23, 12:30 PM   #1693
Mister_M
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
25 minutes, that's crazy! If you can, maybe get some more ram. I have 32mb and both mods load in a couple or three minutes. Only 16 more megs of ram shouldn't make that much difference though.....
I think long loading times are not due to the RAM. If you haven't enough RAM, the game will just crash...

It's rather the CPU speed (in GHz) which will determine the loading time.

From the internet: "A 3.5 GHz processor and at least 8 GB of RAM are recommended for CPU-intensive gaming."

I assume that any SH3 supermod is like intensive-gaming....
Old 11-08-23, 12:38 PM   #1694
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
I think long loading times are not due to the RAM. If you haven't enough RAM, the game will just crash...

It's rather the CPU speed (in GHz) which will determine the loading time.

From the internet: "A 3.5 GHz processor and at least 8 GB of RAM are recommended for CPU-intensive gaming."

I assume that any SH3 supermod is like intensive-gaming....
It's not a question of having enough ram to run the game. Fwiw, I have a lesser cpu and gpu than K-61 has.
Old 11-08-23, 01:34 PM   #1695
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 439

Is the 4g patch enabled?

FUBAR295 is online   Reply With Quote