SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-24-12, 07:36 PM   #3946
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

I'm guessing that they are related to crew animations, and whether you are attacking something, or something is attacking you.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 12:04 AM   #3947
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger View Post
Forget that, they are where they suppose to be in game. They arent aligned in dat file (but are right in stock dats), so getting them right would be easy - just copy x, y, z values from stock dat and job done, but since in game everything is alright, its better to not touch this as I suppose someone had good reason to do it this way.
But theres another issue (well known) - after taking damage crew is screaming for the rest of the patrol. It's like the game is not updating boat and\or crew state, or that crew state is in some kind of loop. Which file may be responsible for that?
Sometimes its just better to save your game, then exit to windows. Reload the game and you 'may' be set to go. Works like that when I run out of air ON THE SURFACE. The game might be caught in the same type of loop.
Old 06-25-12, 01:06 AM   #3948
mikerolf1
Watch

Downloads: 77
Default Trigger Maru for 1.4?

Hello all.

I am re-installing SH4; I have the Steam version 1.4.

Everyone seems to feel Trigger Maru is THE mod for this game, but I see TMO 2.5 requires SH4 1.5.

My question is this... is there a version of Trigger Maru for SH4 1.4? Could someone please post a link?

Thank you in advance.
mikerolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 01:11 AM   #3949
doulos05
Planesman

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerolf1 View Post
Hello all.

I am re-installing SH4; I have the Steam version 1.4.

Everyone seems to feel Trigger Maru is THE mod for this game, but I see TMO 2.5 requires SH4 1.5.

My question is this... is there a version of Trigger Maru for SH4 1.4? Could someone please post a link?

Thank you in advance.
I don't have the link, but it is so worth it to upgrade to 1.5, it's not even funny. Seriously, do it. It adds a lot, opens up many more possibilities with mods, and for when you tire of sending marus to the bottom, you can switch to uboats and be the scourge of the merchant marine!
Me:
doulos05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 01:15 AM   #3950
mikerolf1
Watch

Downloads: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos05 View Post
I don't have the link, but it is so worth it to upgrade to 1.5, it's not even funny. Seriously, do it. It adds a lot, opens up many more possibilities with mods, and for when you tire of sending marus to the bottom, you can switch to uboats and be the scourge of the merchant marine!
I want to, but I can't. I am disabled and living on a fixed income. Any expense for computer games is out of the question, at least for now.
mikerolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 01:31 AM   #3951
doulos05
Planesman

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerolf1 View Post
I want to, but I can't. I am disabled and living on a fixed income. Any expense for computer games is out of the question, at least for now.
oh, darn. Well, I hope your budget opens up a bit soon! I used to have TMO for 1.4, but that was 2 computers ago. Let me look and see if it survived the backup...
Me:
doulos05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 05:33 AM   #3952
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

There is a link for an older version of TMO over at filefront, but the last person I directed there, said that it was chopped up, in that it wasn't complete.

I think version 1.7.6 was the last version compatable with SH4 v1.4

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 12:47 AM   #3953
Lannes
Seaman

Downloads: 97

Finally got the time tonight to start copying stuff over from my old laptop to my shiny new sports car-type laptop.

And...of course....the first things I copied were my SH4 mods with TMO 2.5 leading the way. Loaded SH4 1.5 Gold, downloaded JSGME, copied everything over and once again it is time to prowl the Pacific.

Thanks again to all who made TMO possible for SH4.
Lannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 06:42 AM   #3954
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylander_1314 View Post
There is a link for an older version of TMO over at filefront, but the last person I directed there, said that it was chopped up, in that it wasn't complete.

I think version 1.7.6 was the last version compatable with SH4 v1.4
There is a version of FOTRS for 1.4, in SUBSIM.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 08:02 PM   #3955
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Good suggestion Fitz! That is true.

Although, I think there may a a copy of 1.7.6 in the download section too. Maybe Sailor Steve or someone uploaded it here. Can't remember right off.

---------------------

Old 06-30-12, 11:00 PM   #3956
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

if you guys find working links let me know and i'll put the v1.4 mega mods in the popular mods sticky thread
Old 07-01-12, 09:27 PM   #3957
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Webster, I think v1.9 was the first one to support SH4 1.5 only, but I did run it successfully with SH4 1.4 for some time. I just couldn't use the Uboat stuff, which I don't mess with much anyways, so it was no great loss.

So if anyone wants to try it, they can, but it's no guarantee that it will work, or work flawlessly.

---------------------

Old 07-02-12, 09:58 PM   #3958
seaplate hitman
Medic

Downloads: 305

Sorry to ask some questions about battle experiences.
I was always detected by IJN DD easily when I was closed to the convey.
And I couldn't escape if IJN DD began to drop depth charges.

The Mod Version is TMO2.2 without AI easy MOD.
Is there some seasoned captain can share your precious experiences in detail to help me make a progress?
You can introduce your tactics, for example: how far will you began to attack? and how to escape and so on.

Thanks in advance.
seaplate hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-12, 10:30 PM   #3959
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

[QUOTE=seaplate hitman;1904350]Sorry to ask some questions about battle experiences.
[FONT=Book Antiqua]I was always detected by IJN DD easily when I was closed to the convey.[/
You can introduce your tactics, for example: how far will you began to attack? and how to escape and so on.[/
oh, but where to begin!!!
First off, you want to set up your attack without "them" knowing you are there. So I've learned to stay out of visual range which is at least 7 nm in clear daylight. Plan your attacks with the environment to your advantage, e.g., night, bad weather, rough seas, etc. Shoot and get away on the surface if at night or poor weather (fog, rain, etc.). If submerged, shoot and go deep and be silent and pick a path to escape. There isn't a fool proof tactic. Save before you attack and replay to learn.
Old 07-03-12, 02:57 AM   #3960
stanger
Engineer

Downloads: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger View Post
So there is no such thing as deck gun bug in TMO, at least as far as your SH4 installation is healthy.
I have to take that back. There is a deck gun issue. I just did my 7th war patrol (started with s class, Salmon and then Gar - everything OK), got back to home port, they took my boat for refit and gave it (Gar) back with bow mounted deck gun, and options to upgrade with bow mounted deck guns, and - of course - with no crew slots for bow mounted deck guns :/ So I edited save file, enabled stern DG, enabled crew slots for stern DG, enabled upgrade packs for stern DG, but the game is crashing to desktop every time I go to deck gun or order my crew to man it.
stanger is offline   Reply With Quote