SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-21-22, 06:19 AM   #1366
Halogen
A-ganger

Downloads: 285
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onealex View Post
Yeah thats what I mean I'm NOT hearing that, which is strange because I did in the previous version of the mod
Unless there is some sort of date limit on when it starts playing
Halogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 07:08 AM   #1367
Mister_M
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 26

@Onealex : If you want to be realistic, your U-boat should be pointed to the other direction, because you entered in the bunker with forward gear. So, the U-boat didn't turn magically since this time... In reality, U-boats were sailing out of the bunker in reverse gear.
Mister_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 07:27 AM   #1368
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
@Onealex : If you want to be realistic, your U-boat should be pointed to the other direction, because you entered in the bunker with forward gear. So, the U-boat didn't turn magically since this time... In reality, U-boats were sailing out of the bunker in reverse gear.
Yes. But I'm sure that there were some tests in the bay after repairment between the patrols. So u-boat could change it's position in the bunker
Old 01-21-22, 08:28 AM   #1369
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Quote:

I did this for awhile but then I don't care about harbors, bunkers, etc. anyway so don't bother anymore.
Old 01-21-22, 08:37 AM   #1370
Mister_M
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onealex View Post
Yes. But I'm sure that there were some tests in the bay after repairment between the patrols. So u-boat could change it's position in the bunker
Mister_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 07:51 PM   #1371
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
You think that crane in the docking bays there is just for what... loading torp's, hauling deck guns to a waiting u-boat, for replacement or to add it to the u-boat... that that's all that crane's rated for... weight wise.

Is conceivable that it could also be used to cradle a sub in the pen & turn it about... much more fuel efficiently than having the crew, doing donuts before backing it into the dock in there. Or, to block off the bay & drain the water... lowering it on to those blocks so that other work can be done on it... that can't be... while it's sitting there, floating in the water.

Thos pens were... huge, more so for various reasons... to support the weight of the cranes used in them, in addition to the loads they'd move about, & included in that... to withstand enemy assault on them... which, seeing as how they're still about to this day... (those that weren't outright demolished, that is... ) is a testament to the engineering that went into their construction.

A shame, that that pride in workmanship... wasn't directed to more... useful & greater good... though.

M. M.
Old 01-24-22, 10:05 AM   #1372
jorca2
Mate

Downloads: 138

I've made installation this mod GWX and problem is that not can run game in fullscreen. Not work mistake " not initialized 3D engine"... I've read and follower instruccions mod but i can't play.
Note: in screen Window is not possible play because resolution not adjust all screen .
jorca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 10:52 AM   #1373
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Re

jorca2, I had the same issue on one of my computers awhile back. The Can Not Initialize 3D .... issue. None of my installs would start unless I manually set my monitor resolution to 1024x768 then start the game. Then the resolution 1920x1080 would work fine with my WideGUI's after that. All my other computers were just fine starting with SH3 Commander. So it had to be with my one computer and not with SHIII. I tried MANY solutions, nothing worked until I tried this,

1. go to desktop
2. right click and select DISPLAY SETTINGS
3. select ADVANCED DISPLAY SETTINGS
4. adjust your refresh rate to 60hz, mine actually reset to 59.940 but my problem ", Can Not Initialize 3D .... was fixed.

just a suggestion, hopefully it will help Jerry
Old 01-24-22, 02:36 PM   #1374
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Have been looking around convoy structure of your modpack. I wonder why German submarine with Crew on deck is included in the convoy composition?

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 03:04 PM   #1375
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
Have been looking around convoy structure of your modpack. I wonder why German submarine with Crew on deck is included in the convoy composition?
To simulate attack on a convoy by german submarine. By the way it was in GWX 3.0
Old 01-24-22, 03:37 PM   #1376
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Thanks

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 07:05 PM   #1377
JohnsAviation
Watch

Downloads: 76

Excuse me Alex but does the Thomsen's Sound Pack work perfectly with your mod? i want to get more U-boat creaks and depth charge sounds. if anyone else is playing with the sound pack let me know how it works with this version of the game
JohnsAviation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 08:16 PM   #1378
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsAviation View Post
Excuse me Alex but does the Thomsen's Sound Pack work perfectly with your mod? i want to get more U-boat creaks and depth charge sounds. if anyone else is playing with the sound pack let me know how it works with this version of the game
1 word... Yes.

M. M.
Old 01-25-22, 11:01 PM   #1379
JohnsAviation
Watch

Downloads: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
1 word... Yes.

M. M.
it worked! but it changed my keybinds, added a new language to the interior of the submarine and removed the functionality of raising the radio antenna or putting the uzo on your conning tower etc.. from the left side of the screen shortcuts and a bunch of other stuff. i guess i can tolerate the same depth charge and hull groans for now. thank you for your time though
JohnsAviation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 11:10 PM   #1380
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsAviation View Post
it worked! but it changed my keybinds, added a new language to the interior of the submarine and removed the functionality of raising the radio antenna or putting the uzo on your conning tower etc.. from the left side of the screen shortcuts and a bunch of other stuff. i guess i can tolerate the same depth charge and hull groans for now. thank you for your time though

That sound pack does a lot more than add sound files. As you've discovered it also changes your commands, among other things. It will not work with any install as is without changing the shared installs files, unless said install has the exact same command file, etc the mod has..........and the chance of that is slim and none. When you applied it you would have received overwrite notices in JSGME......which I hope you're using....
If all you want is the creaks and groans, do as I did because I like them too but didn't want all the rest of the mod:
Delete everything in the mod but the creaks and groans files (found in the data\sound path of the mod) and the interior.dsd files which control these sounds.(found in the data\interior path of the mod).
So your mod when done will have a structure of:

Mod folder
data
\interior < - leave all the files in this folder as is.
\sound < - Keep it simple; only the 47 creaks and groans files in this folder.

You can also edit your affected files so they work with all the mod files (or vice versa) and then use the entire mod, but if like me all you want is the creaks there really isn't any reason to do that work

Last edited by John Pancoast; 01-25-22 at 11:32 PM.
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote