Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-10-10, 10:08 AM   #721
huevo
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Please let me play

Just purchased and installed SH5, and as I write this, I've still to play, i keep getting the 'failed to connect to ubisoft master server' error message....duh!!! I am posting this online so i do have internet connection! UBI have prefected the art of taking us all for a ride ....oh well back to EVE ONLINE with my broken internet connection, ask for a refund from the retailers.
Old 04-10-10, 05:10 PM   #722
Vorkapitan
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 1367

I haven't seen this bug mentioned...

I can hear a ship at say 75 degrees, but the sonar man says "no sound contact at xx degrees.

It seem that there are other sonar issues also.

Joe
Vorkapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 05:27 PM   #723
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkapitan View Post
I haven't seen this bug mentioned...

I can hear a ship at say 75 degrees, but the sonar man says "no sound contact at xx degrees.

It seem that there are other sonar issues also.
That's not a bug, you can often hear things before the computer can. Now, some of the things you hear are SO LOUD that it's a wonder the computer can't.. that might be a bug, but not everything.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-10, 02:31 PM   #724
Londo
Watch

Downloads: 20
Default Crashes

Anybody having problems with random crashing. The game seems to play fine for awile and all of a sudden it freezes and I have to do a hard reboot. Mission or campaign doesn't seem to matter

Thanks
Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-10, 04:22 PM   #725
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londo View Post
Anybody having problems with random crashing. The game seems to play fine for awile and all of a sudden it freezes and I have to do a hard reboot. Mission or campaign doesn't seem to matter
Video card heat problem maybe?

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-10, 11:36 PM   #726
Acidcrash
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Have we come up with a solution or a reason (and better still a fix/or date for fix) for torpedo's getting stuck stationary?
most bemused at spending the last few days searching for troop ships for the Winstons Special mission, only for every single one of my torpedo's to just not move and sit stationary and then for the save to corrupt and fail to load repeatedly! had that torpedo bug countless times now, hugely irritating! [well, game breaking!]
Old 04-12-10, 12:44 AM   #727
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidcrash View Post
Have we come up with a solution or a reason (and better still a fix/or date for fix) for torpedo's getting stuck stationary?
most bemused at spending the last few days searching for troop ships for the Winstons Special mission, only for every single one of my torpedo's to just not move and sit stationary and then for the save to corrupt and fail to load repeatedly! had that torpedo bug countless times now, hugely irritating! [well, game breaking!]
I removed the Torpedo correction mod.
I removed the Torpedo wake mod.

I stopped having the problem.

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-10, 12:59 AM   #728
Acidcrash
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

not got either of those, I have:
MCCD, BRF, Morale Mod and Dark Wraith's New UI mod thats it.

just managed to sink myself now because of running into my own stationary torpedo... how embarressing is that?!
Old 04-12-10, 01:44 PM   #729
Shakey
Swabbie

Downloads: 13
Default Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
Hi,

This game runs fine with smooth graphics inside and out of the sub. I can mingle with large convoys of merchants using the deck gun and torps and even tangle with armed merchants and everything seems fine untill...

If I come into contact with a warship and decide to engage, my comp. will freeze for a couple seconds with blue screen and then completely shut down and reboot. I have not gotten closer than about 8 kms. to a war ship without this happening. If I turn away and leave the area (run away scared!) I can continue with no problem.

This seems to happen as soon as I perform an action such as moving to entert or exit the sub, use uzo or periscope and probably other actions I hav'nt tried.

Anyone else with similar problem and solution?

I've tried Searching here and else where but hav'nt found anyone with this warship encounter problem.

I am playing with shadows and antialiasing off.

The hardware detection tool shows that I meet all recommended requirements to play the game perfectly.

System specs: AMD 9550 quad core 2.2 ghz, 3.25 gb ram
Nvidia geforce 9600 GT, 1 gb video mem.
Latest video driver 1.9713
Win. XP home SP 3.

Thx. in advance for any help or recomendations.
O.K., I solved my problem by updating my Realtek high definition audio drivers.

I have on board audio and I assumed the drivers were up to date as the updater could not find a better match on the net than what i was using.

Also the hardware detection tool passed my audio, (sound card installed, YES, GREEN CHECK MARK).

Finally did a manual search on the Realtek site, and although it recommended I aquire the drivers from the system/motherboard manufacturer (which were the ones I already had), I installed the updated Realtek driver, fired up the game and watched a destroyer proceed to blow my sub out of the water

Updated from driver version - 5.10.0.5605
to - 5.10.0.6083

Hope this helps others with the same problem.

Cheers
Shakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-10, 02:00 PM   #730
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
O.K., I solved my problem by updating my Realtek high definition audio drivers.

I have on board audio and I assumed the drivers were up to date as the updater could not find a better match on the net than what i was using.

Also the hardware detection tool passed my audio, (sound card installed, YES, GREEN CHECK MARK).

Finally did a manual search on the Realtek site, and although it recommended I aquire the drivers from the system/motherboard manufacturer (which were the ones I already had), I installed the updated Realtek driver, fired up the game and watched a destroyer proceed to blow my sub out of the water

Updated from driver version - 5.10.0.5605
to - 5.10.0.6083

Hope this helps others with the same problem.

Cheers
I am going to Realtek to update my drivers also. I have discovered the Windows update feature is worthless. It never updated my graphics card and I had to go to the graphics card site and download/update manually.

Sure enough.. my Realtek drivers on my laptop are 1/3/2008 and 5/14/2007.
The Realtek drivers at their website are 4/9/2010, just a little bit more up to date.

This would also explain my massive lag issues when installing Captham's Audio mod... I had a pretty good idea my issues were with under-powered audio abilities. This is going to help a lot.. or crash my system.

Will let you know.

Old 04-12-10, 03:01 PM   #731
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

I just updated my audio files:

Realtek High Definition Audio
Version: 6.0.1.5559
1/30/2008

to

Realtek High Definition Audio
Version: 6.0.1.6083
4/6/2010

Loading up now to check if it's improved. Later I will upload Captham's Sound mod to see if that's fixed or not. Getting ready for work right now though....

stay tuned...

Old 04-12-10, 04:49 PM   #732
Shakey
Swabbie

Downloads: 13

Hope it helps you guys.

Everythings running great so far. Just lost another sub to the enemy while testing. Now I know what it's like to be shelled.

Think i'll get back to some serious game play now.

Good luck
Shakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-10, 07:33 PM   #733
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

I just signed up for something called "RadarSync".. it scans my comptuer and then finds the most up to date drivers and installs them. Keeps track when new drivers come out for my system, etc. It's supposed to be something both Microsoft AND Toshiba are doing already (I paid for it when I bought the laptop).. but those are a joke and just pretend to find updates for you.

No report yet on RadarSync's review but I'll keep you posted if you want. My theory is if I keep my drivers up to date then a few quirks will be eliminated as the software world evolves forward.

Old 04-13-10, 12:32 AM   #734
Faelon
Nub

Downloads: 48

I use the german speech and noticed that numbers are not spoken correctly. For example, when they say 34 it should be Vier und Dreisich, instead they say UND at the beginning then Vier Dreisich.
I poked about some script files etc but cant seem to find a way to fix this.
Any ideas?

Cheers!

Last edited by Faelon; 04-13-10 at 08:10 PM.
Faelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-10, 08:24 AM   #735
Diopos
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 9

No. The german way of counting is wrong!

Diopos is offline   Reply With Quote