SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-24-24, 08:07 PM   #1741
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosefLaser View Post
Well, the good news first: I got the Museum to load with Onealex without crashes.

The bad news: it takes 7-8 minutes to load the museum lol and I'm on a 10-core 5GHz Intel. GWX 3.0 Gold "vanilla" loads the museum in about a minute. A question: I think I'm biting off more than I can chew with the hardcore aspects of this mod so I'd like to get up to speed with the vanilla game first. Is is possible to transfer One Alex's excellent 1920 X 1080 widescreen gui into vanilla or is it hardcoded into onealex?
Search the Ahnenerbe GUI 1920x1080 here in SUBSIM. That is the GUI you want. Use Tycho Patch to obtain the full navigation map for that resolution.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-24, 12:51 PM   #1742
D-Jones
Gunner

Downloads: 149
Default 1366x786 Mod--

Just started playing Onealex. It's incredible, actually. One problem I'm having is that the text in game is so TINY at 1920x1080, although that's my laptop's resolution. I tried installing the 1366x786 mod that comes with it for my eyes sake (using JSGME, of course), but that mod seems to disable Onealex. It knocks me back to vanilla. All the other mods seem to work fine.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix? On a side note, is there a "Battle Stations" command? I can't find it anywhere. In most mods it's the B key.

Thanks.
D-Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-24, 04:57 PM   #1743
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Jones View Post
Just started playing Onealex. It's incredible, actually. One problem I'm having is that the text in game is so TINY at 1920x1080, although that's my laptop's resolution. I tried installing the 1366x786 mod that comes with it for my eyes sake (using JSGME, of course), but that mod seems to disable Onealex. It knocks me back to vanilla. All the other mods seem to work fine.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix? On a side note, is there a "Battle Stations" command? I can't find it anywhere. In most mods it's the B key.

Thanks.
No Battle Station Command in SH3...

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-24, 09:18 PM   #1744
D-Jones
Gunner

Downloads: 149

No Battle Stations! No! What a gyp (just kidding).

Thanks.
D-Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-24, 12:16 PM   #1745
maru
Swabbie

Downloads: 20

Ahoy,

Just started playing this mod, and I apologize if this question comes up a lot, but how does one find out the AOB using this version of the RAOBF? The video linked in the manual only shows how to find range and speed.

Thanks
maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-24, 01:34 PM   #1746
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Re

Hope this helps. Got these links from the OneAlex Discord. By the way the OneAlex Discord is a great resorce for anything OneAlex and more.

Old 03-06-24, 02:30 PM   #1747
maru
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar View Post
Hope this helps. Got these links from the OneAlex Discord. By the way the OneAlex Discord is a great resorce for anything OneAlex and more.

Thank you, the first video you linked is the one I mentioned in my initial post. If I understand it correctly, he puts in 90° AOB at periscope 0° because his course is perpendicular to the target's course. That's one way of doing it. What I'd like to know is how to use the RAOBF disk in the attack periscope view to find the AOB.

I saw in a different video that you have to count the optical length of the target using the tick marks at the bottom of the periscope, but sadly the RAOBF disk layout in that video was different from the one used in this mod.
Old 03-07-24, 08:22 PM   #1748
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome back!

maru!...I C the infamous 7-year-itch strikes again! You're on the surface again since 2017!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-24, 04:41 AM   #1749
casabianca
Swabbie

Downloads: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by maru View Post
Thank you, the first video you linked is the one I mentioned in my initial post. If I understand it correctly, he puts in 90° AOB at periscope 0° because his course is perpendicular to the target's course. That's one way of doing it. What I'd like to know is how to use the RAOBF disk in the attack periscope view to find the AOB.

I saw in a different video that you have to count the optical length of the target using the tick marks at the bottom of the periscope, but sadly the RAOBF disk layout in that video was different from the one used in this mod.

First identify your target then calculate the distance:
- counts the number of vertical lines to the highest point of the target.
- find the corresponding number on the middle disc (bottom numbers) and turn the disc until you have your number at the very top (opposite the 90 on the inner disc)
- reads the distance (middle disk, top numbers) displayed opposite the target height (outer disk) found in the identification book
- count the number of horizontal lines
- on your raobf disk turn the middle disk to match your distance found with the length of the target
- find the number of horizontal lines that you previously observed on the middle disk (bottom numbers) the AOB is the number located opposite on the internal disc

I hope this is clear enough for you

Good hunt
casabianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-24, 05:36 PM   #1750
maru
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
maru!...I C the infamous 7-year-itch strikes again! You're on the surface again since 2017!

Haha, didn't know that was a thing. Funny coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casabianca View Post
First identify your target then calculate the distance:
- counts the number of vertical lines to the highest point of the target.
- find the corresponding number on the middle disc (bottom numbers) and turn the disc until you have your number at the very top (opposite the 90 on the inner disc)
- reads the distance (middle disk, top numbers) displayed opposite the target height (outer disk) found in the identification book
- count the number of horizontal lines
- on your raobf disk turn the middle disk to match your distance found with the length of the target
- find the number of horizontal lines that you previously observed on the middle disk (bottom numbers) the AOB is the number located opposite on the internal disc

I hope this is clear enough for you

Good hunt
Merci beaucoup . Perfectly clear, I probably got the rows wrong first time I tried. One more thing, though: I noticed the numbers on the internal disc only go to 90. What do you do when the target has an AOB greater than that? Subtract the number you found from 180?
Old 03-10-24, 11:55 AM   #1751
casabianca
Swabbie

Downloads: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by maru View Post
Haha, didn't know that was a thing. Funny coincidence.

Merci beaucoup . Perfectly clear, I probably got the rows wrong first time I tried. One more thing, though: I noticed the numbers on the internal disc only go to 90. What do you do when the target has an AOB greater than that? Subtract the number you found from 180?
Yes exactly, if the target is moving away, your AOB is 180 minus the AOB found with the disc. One more thing, if you use the 1.5x zoom you must multiply the horizontal marks by 4
casabianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-24, 01:33 PM   #1752
maru
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by casabianca View Post
Yes exactly, if the target is moving away, your AOB is 180 minus the AOB found with the disc. One more thing, if you use the 1.5x zoom you must multiply the horizontal marks by 4

Marvellous, thank you very much.