Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-20-22, 04:08 PM   #3271
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Assuming you read the transcript I’m sure you have a point to make by posting it. Mind sharing? Because I read it and it seems Zelensky and the Orange man had a pretty good conversation. Seems to me Zelensky was appreciative what the U.S. was contributing but thought France and Germany weren’t doing enough and didn’t enforce sanctions. I’m assuming you read more than the headline so what did you get out of it?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-20-22 at 09:50 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-22, 08:14 AM   #3272
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Thanks, that was helpful, I've never read the transcript. I have to say, if that was the basis for Trump's impeachment, it's bs. Maybe I need to go back and read it more carefully, but I did not see anything approaching an impeachable offense.
Old 03-21-22, 08:29 AM   #3273
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

There is no point, they are just mudding the waters. But to answer your question to Buddahaid, He's alleging that Trump threatened to withhold military aid to Ukraine unless President Zelenskyy opened an investigation into the dealings of Burisma and Hunter Biden as it relates to Joe Biden. (something - ie; - quid-pro-quo, that Joe Biden has publicly admitted to doing in regards to giving aid to Ukraine during his tenure as VP) And Buddahaid is basing this on the following part of the transcript

Quote:
The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike… I guess you have one of your wealthy people… The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you’re surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it’s very important that you do it if that’s possible.
It's already been debunked but people keep trying to use it to divert any kind of scrutiny on Biden's anemic leadership since he took office.

Last edited by MaDef; 03-21-22 at 08:32 AM. Reason: clarification
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-22, 08:41 AM   #3274
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
It's already been debunked but people keep trying to use it to divert any kind of scrutiny on Biden's anemic leadership since he took office.

That pretty much sums it up. Remember how they blamed George Bush for everything under the sun right up to the end of Obamas second term?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-22, 01:24 PM   #3275
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

We live to learn and today I learned something new about the US President.
Something called President Pro Tempore - of the United States Senate

This was new to me(Can't remember having read it here)

Made a search and found this wiki-page
(To my fellow American friends is it correct what it says on this wiki-page ?)

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-22, 01:50 PM   #3276
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I think a link might help Markus

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-22, 02:12 PM   #3277
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I think a link might help Markus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presid..._States_Senate

Markus

Old 03-23-22, 03:46 PM   #3278
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

It's correct Markus
Old 03-23-22, 04:26 PM   #3279
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Thanks, that was helpful, I've never read the transcript. I have to say, if that was the basis for Trump's impeachment, it's bs. Maybe I need to go back and read it more carefully, but I did not see anything approaching an impeachable offense.
Which is a bit strange, i remember an audio tape back then being published which was "a bit" different, but seems it has meanwhile been deleted. Maybe for the better.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-22, 04:35 PM   #3280
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
It's correct Markus
Why isn't this person chosen as the President if POTUS and the VP don't exist anymore ?

'cause what I have learned from reading all these post is that Speaker of the House becomes the President or was it VP if the President stop existing

Confused...then wait until my next post

Markus

Old 03-23-22, 06:06 PM   #3281
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Why isn't this person chosen as the President if POTUS and the VP don't exist anymore ?

'cause what I have learned from reading all these post is that Speaker of the House becomes the President or was it VP if the President stop existing

Confused...then wait until my next post

Markus
What was going through the minds of Congress when the law governing the line of succession was developed is a mystery to me. But it is what it is seems sound to me and should remain as is until they decide to change it. Keep in mind the President of the U.S. is not a king or the almighty ruler of our country. He is just the chief executive officer of one branch of government and also represents our country to others, presidents are a dime a dozen. His power is granted to him by the constitution and our representatives. So long as Congress and the Senate remain intact the big squeaky government wheel keeps turning with or without a president.

The original Constitution provides that if neither the President nor Vice President can serve, the Congress shall provide law stating who is next in line. Currently that law exists as 3 USC 19, a section of the U.S. Code. This law was established as part of the Presidential Succession Act of 1947. There, the following line of succession is provided:

Speaker of the House of Representatives
President Pro Tempore of the Senate
Secretary of State
Secretary of the Treasury
Secretary of Defense
Attorney General
Secretary of the Interior
Secretary of Agriculture
Secretary of Commerce
Secretary of Labor
Secretary of Health and Human Services
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
Secretary of Transportation
Secretary of Energy
Secretary of Education
Secretary of Veterans Affairs
Secretary of Homeland Security

The only exception to the line provided in the law states that to ascend to the Presidency, the next person in line must be constitutionally eligible. Any person holding an office in the line of succession who, for example, is not a naturally-born citizen cannot become President. In this case, that person would be skipped and the next eligible person in the line would become President.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-23-22 at 06:22 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-22, 06:12 PM   #3282
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Thank you Rockstar Now I have learned something about the American politics and its law.

Markus

Old 03-23-22, 09:22 PM   #3283
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Thank you Rockstar Now I have learned something about the American politics and its law.

Markus
A little trivia for you, the 38th President (Gerald R. Ford) held both the position of Vice President (Dec 73' - Aug 74') and President ( Aug 74' - Jan 77') without ever running for either office. Congress voted him in as Vice President to replace Spiro Agnew (who resigned). And He took over as President when Nixon resigned 9 month later.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-22, 07:03 AM   #3284
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Which is a bit strange, i remember an audio tape back then being published which was "a bit" different, but seems it has meanwhile been deleted. Maybe for the better.

You know, I thought I remembered more incriminating details on audio too, thank you for saying that. Not sure where I heard it but yeah, I thought there was more Trump pressuring than the transcript there suggests.
Old 03-25-22, 07:08 AM   #3285
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Burying the Hunter Biden Laptop Story Was Journalistic Malpractice

Quote:
-the information on the laptop that veterans of the national security establishment claimed was Russian disinformation was, in fact, exactly what reports published in the New York Post in October 2020 said they were: evidence of the Biden family's influence peddling abroad, that the senior Biden was aware of his son's activities and might well have profited from them.
https://www.newsweek.com/burying-hun...pinion-1691437

Quote:
The Hunter Biden story isn't the only reason many Americans no longer trust the media or the intelligence establishment. But it is glaring proof that their skepticism is justified, and its result is a society even more bifurcated along political and cultural lines than it already was.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote