SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-05-09, 02:42 AM   #1261
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default Thanks

Yep, that solved it. Thanks.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09, 07:19 AM   #1262
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Current Change Log for the TMO update. The list is not complete per Ducimus but just a taste of what is coming:

1.) folded in hotfix 041709

2.) AA guns
- adjusted shell damage on 20MM and 40MMs
- changed sound
- increased shell storage capacity
- got AA shells working
- changed 40MM shell type from AP and HE to HE and AA
- changed 20MM shell type from AP to HE
- Added 3rd AA gun mount on main deck. Supports 20MM only. (See conning towers.)

3.) Conning towers
- Added 3rd AA mount on Conning 3 and 4 only. (1 and 2 did not have them)
- Added Rear mounted TBT on conning towers 3 and 4 only.

4.) Interiors
- added lights to the starboard side electrical panels that were previously lifeless.
- added control room dive angle fix by Vickers03
- all control dials and telegraphs in the control room are now clickable.
- add a pseudo captains cabin and ships Yeoman's office. Clipboard on Yoemans desk is clickable crew management page.
- all boats now have a clickable 600 ft depth gauge in the conning tower. (see control/UI changes)

5.) Control and UI changes
- Dive planes set to deep dive functionality has been removed. To dive below 450 feet, use the clickable depth gauge in the conning tower.

- Balao and tench class boats no longer level off at 160 feet when crash diving. Instead they level off at their saftey depth of 400 feet. Setting dive planes to normal dive (aka the D key), will put the boat in a dive condition and it will not stop until you order it to stop via the A key. This is to allow some of the deep diving jockey's the ability to get around the 600 ft depth gauge if they so choose.

- Radar depth has returned to TMO. use the semicolon key.

- To exit the captains cabin and Yeomans office, use the right mouse button, or the numberpad INS key.

- Changed text mesage of "raising SD radar antenna" to "raising air radar antenna".

6.) Submarine changes

- The time it takes to crash dive has been increased. All boats should be under in about 58 seconds or less. This is more historically accurate then previous settings.

- Maximum speeds have been adjusted to be more in historical parameters. Top speeds are now thus:
* Porpoise: 18 knots
* Salmon: 17 knots
* Sargo: 20 knots
* Tambor and Gar: 20 knots
* Gato, Balao, Tench: 20.25 knots

Note: a 5 kt wind or greater will slow your boat down.

- Surface endurance has been adjusted to a setting that does not account for fuel ballast tanks, which as i understand it, was a development sometime after the war started.

- All boats now have a berthing compartment, affectiontley (and historically as far as crew slang is concerned) known as "Hogans alley".

- Reduced size of the damage control team

- reduced size of Psuedo Narwhals deck gun teams, so they are managable in the UI now.

7.) Crew Apperance changes
- Officers will now occasionally wear a T shirt and Kahki shorts.
- CPO's now have their own cover. (I hear Humphy bogart wan't his hat back)

8.) Crew Special abilities
- All special abilities have been reworked, rebalanced, or dropped entirely to be more inline to represent the improvements brought about by an experienced crew.

- increased likelyhood of special abilities being aquired.

Descriptions are as follows:

MASTER ENGINEER
Required compartment: ENGINES ROOM, CONTROL ROOM
Description: When it comes to repairs, this barnacle encrusted Chief has rung more salt water from his socks then most sailors have sailed over. He can effect repairs faster, pump water out sooner, and make operational unserviceable equipment.
Effect: Repair and pump speed increased 38%, can repair destroyed items.

TIN CAN CROSSOVER
Required compartment: DECK GUN
Description: This man spent some time on destroyers as a Gunnery officer. His skill in naval gunnery will increase the accuracy of your deck gun.
Effect: Increases accuracy of deck gun by 50%

MASTER TORPEDOMAN
Required compartment: BOW TORPEDO ROOM, STERN TORPEDO ROOM
Description: This Chief knows how to run a torpedo room like a well oiled machine. His expertise makes for faster reloading of torpedos.
Effect: Time it takes to reload torpedos reduced by 40%.

TORPEDO EXPERT
Required compartment: BOW TORPEDO ROOM, STERN TORPEDO ROOM
Description: Defying orders from BuOrd not to touch anything, this Chief is constantly disassembeling and maintaining the torpedos. Torpedo malfunction's occur slightly less frequently as a result.
Effect: Torpedo malfunctions reduced by 25%.

PHARMACIST'S MATE
Required compartment: ANY|
Description: Submarines were not large enough to merit physicians, so they had corpsman instead. Often called quack, voo doo man, pill pusher, or witch doctor by the crew. From lancing butt boils, killing crabs, or the rare appendectomy with kitchen implements, he is able to reduce the resting time and remove all the wounds of the crew.
Effect: Heal speed increased by 50%, fatigue reduced by 50%.

ENGINES EXPERT
Required compartment: ENGINES ROOM
Description: This Chief knows his job well enough to take a few unorthodoxed shotcuts on diving proceedures, decreasing the time it takes to dive the boat.
Effect: Increases dive speed by 65.
Speical note: I have tuned this so that with 3 of them, your fastest dive will be 35 seconds, which was obtainable by experienced crews. This skill is subject to diminishing returns.

MASTER ELECTRICIAN
Required compartment: ENGINES ROOM
Description: This Chief knows how best to maintain the batteries and draw the most amps, reducing battery consumption as a result.
Effect: Reduces battery consumption by 25%.

COMMAND PRESENCE
Required compartment: CONTROL ROOM
Description: This Officer has great courage and charisma. He inspires all around him, and seems destined for great things. While on board, the entire crew will receive a strong boost to experience gained. You as captain will benefit from his work by getting a major bonus to renown.
Effect: 15% bonus in renown.

FUEL BALLAST
Description: This innovative officer has reworked No. 6 and 7 ballast tanks to carry fuel. As the fuel in the tanks is consumed, they are converted back to normal ballast tanks. The surface endurance of your boat is increased as a result.
Effect: Reduces fuel consumption by 20%.
Special note: Your navigator (aka OOD), will incorrectly report the same maximum range at current speed regardless if you have this ability or not.

AHEAD EMERGENCY
Description: Your officer orders the denizens of the engineering spaces to ignore saftey protocols and push all four main engines to the absolute maximum power. Increases your maximum surface speed by 1 and 1/2 knots.|Duration: 6 hour|Available: 1 day
Effect: Maximum speed increased by 35%, which comes out to be 1.5 kts.

9.) Upgrade packs
- MS/9 paint scheme upgrade pack that was available later in the war has been removed via post dating it after the war.

- Ms/32 Paint scheme upgrade pack will now come equpied at the apporpiate date. This is to make sure the deck guns get the proper skin
applied to them. (i hate having an Ms/32 boat, with black guns)

- fixed typo in Radar counter measures

Special note: If your using custom sub skins, select the "wartime default" paint upgrade.

11.) Damage model
- Re established parent/child relationship with the engines, motors, and the compartment they reside in on player subs. Which means your more liable to suffer damage Diesals and motors again.

12.) Optional mod
- Psuedo FM Sonar by Vickers03. It allows you to "hear" where the mine fields are. This is being made optional for compatiblity reasons. It works by having a mine emit a noise, which you can then hear on your sonar if you man the sonar station yourself. With dense mine fields, things get...... cluttered.

- Stern mounted deck gun and forward mounted 3rd AA gun.

13.) Items under review
- possibly adding a visible under water controller to torpedo's
- Various sounds
- Real Environment by W_Clear and Kriller2
- Reworking of various menu art.
- Having sea state effect the players radar more.
Old 07-09-09, 08:08 AM   #1263
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

He just can't stop can he , very nice.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09, 08:36 AM   #1264
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

And that is a good thing for those that like TMO
Old 07-09-09, 08:40 AM   #1265
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
And that is a good thing for those that like TMO
Yeah, I have not played Trigger in quite some time, but usually download the latest stuff from it. I'll load it back up at some point

Back in the Day

Old 07-09-09, 08:57 AM   #1266
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

I have been playing with a upgraded Gato and the changes are very nice. The boat is much more alive now with panel lights in control flickering. A nice 40mm with flak that actually looks, acts and sounds like flak. Clickable dials for deep depth and now radar depth is back for the user.
Old 07-09-09, 08:59 AM   #1267
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
I have been playing with a upgraded Gato and the changes are very nice. The boat is much more alive now with panel lights in control flickering. A nice 40mm with flak that actually looks, acts and sounds like flak. Clickable dials for deep depth and now radar depth is back for the user.
Sounds good

Back in the Day

Old 07-09-09, 09:44 AM   #1268
Kloef
Weps

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Surface endurance has been adjusted to a setting that does not account for fuel ballast tanks, which as i understand it, was a development sometime after the war started.
I was reading about the patrols the U.S.S Pampanito made and it was fitted with such a tank in August 1944 after its second patrol,other boats were probably refitted as well.

This is funny,i thought i installed it right,i got the main menu adjusted and did 4 patrols,but it just felt like vanilla...

Then i found out i didnt have all the files installed even though it worked,now i do and its a total transformation!

Thanks for this awesome mod,i'm gonna enjoy this alot!

http://www.dutchsubmarines.com/

Last edited by Kloef; 07-09-09 at 10:12 AM.
Kloef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09, 10:32 AM   #1269
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default too many planes

In some of the 1942 missions the number of planes is ridiculous. I finally quit some of the missions because they were simply too much. I would say that I encountered between 30 and 60 with no ships in the patrol zone. The Alaska patrol is one example. Is there a mod to decrease the number of planes? Is there a change to the date file that will decrease the number of planes? I play TMP/RSRDC, so maybe the problem is RSRDC. If it is, I have the same questions.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09, 10:51 AM   #1270
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

You can always remove RSRD and see how the plane situation goes. TMO has it's own ship/plan mod already built in. I do not find the plane an issue in TMO or RSRD either but that is just me.
Old 07-09-09, 01:43 PM   #1271
banjo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 55

Boy, I've been playing the latest TMO's plus RSRDC ever since they came out. I have had missions where there were boucoup planes but nothing like you describe--and it really varies. Sometimes I'll experience a lot of Jap air traffic, other patrols none at all.
My advice would be to stick with both mods and see how it goes.
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09, 05:21 PM   #1272
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Wohoo, can't wait. Altough I'm a bit afraid of that Hogan's Alley thing. It's the main issue I have with RFB. Altough it's years above the SH3 crew model, the crew in SH4 stil feels like crap. Having 15 men in the conning tower at battlestations and using Active skills while the crew member sleeps like a baby is... bleah.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09, 06:24 PM   #1273
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
Wohoo, can't wait. Altough I'm a bit afraid of that Hogan's Alley thing. It's the main issue I have with RFB. Altough it's years above the SH3 crew model, the crew in SH4 stil feels like crap. Having 15 men in the conning tower at battlestations and using Active skills while the crew member sleeps like a baby is... bleah.
current TMO has the alley, I find no problem , just make your mind early and decide wether you need to move the crew in time and not when those akizukis are comming on top of you

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09, 06:35 PM   #1274
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

It does? I only see damage control, aa gun and deckgun spots. And I usually move my damage crew to the guns when needed.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-09, 01:27 PM   #1275
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post

You lost me on this. What do you mean?