SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-17, 07:22 PM   #1
Fenix
Watch

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0
Default Manual Fixes / Firing Solutions in Cold Waters

I've logged a few hours with CW and I'm having a lot of fun so far. I am a new NFO in the Navy and have a little knowledge on actual sub prosecution (from the air, however) that I wonder if I can apply here. The firing solution is improved in the game by refining one's sensors but I wonder has anyone been able to do things the old-fashioned way?

How accurate are those yellow bearing lines that sometimes shoot out to your ship on the map? And are there any in-game ways to apply marks with times, bearings, etc. to start to build a manual track? Maybe mods? Any kind of TACAIDs would be better than nothing. Also, for farther engagements, it would be important to know the speed of the torps themselves to lead the target. I think the active sensor ranges are given but I don't know how fast they each are. I'm sure I could run some tests but if it's out there already, I'd appreciate a reference.

Has anyone had any success prosecuting subs like this? I have my whiz wheel and a notepad and I'm ready to nerd it up! Really enjoying the game so far but I want to practice operating old school in the future.

Forgive me if this has been addressed already. I tried searching and found a lot of good info but I couldn't pin this down directly.

Fenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire control, fixes, manual, tacaids, tracking