SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Comments to SUBSIM Review
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-25-06, 05:55 PM   #1
redsolo
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Subsim can help streamlining the download process!

Im currently playing SH3 and there are thousands of downloadable mods for it. But all the mods have the same problem of distributing the files, some use rapidshare and filefront. Rapidshare is a tremendously bad service with the worst wui Ive seen, and it doesnt help that you have to go through 5 pages to get the download.

Thats why I thought subsim could help up by providing a torrent tracker. Torrents as you know are p2p-distributed and wont put much more strain on subsim than the current download pages do. It may even decrease the stress. Torrents are also a good way to stay clear of other not-so-good download services as I guess at least 5-10% of the gamers do have computers where they are running torrent clients.

Currently there are torrent-clients for all plattforms. What do you think, could subsim help out in this case of providing a torrent tracker?

(Some torrent trackers even provide RSS, so the user can always stay current) And I think the Opera web browser will include a torrent client by default.
redsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-06, 09:04 PM   #2
sonar732
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

Do a search on peer to peer in this forum and I'm sure that you'll find your answer.
sonar732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-06, 03:36 AM   #3
Gizzmoe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 4

A torrent tracker alone doesnt´t help, what would also be needed is a permanent seeder. Without it the files would be gone sooner or later.
Gizzmoe is offline   Reply With Quote