Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-27-14, 10:03 AM   #1
Daytrader
Sailor man

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0
Default Really need quick help please

This is bugging me, i have done the training mission like 5 times now, and each time it shows failed on the objective "Sink the ship or fire all 4 front torpedoes" tried everything and always shows failed, am i doing something wrong ? thx
Old 03-27-14, 11:19 AM   #2
Daytrader
Sailor man

i just had a email reply to my thread, but nothing here ? i only just installed this with uplay, hope someone gives me a answer, cheers
Old 03-27-14, 11:22 AM   #3
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default OK

So you will continue to believe that there are people on this forum, I answer you.

I don't know why you are having the problem but, if you did fire and did sink the ship - proceed on patrol.

I never do the training missions myself. I have been playing SH since the first one, so probably don't need it.

I suggest that it is there for you to gain some idea of the game without enemy units trying to kill you. You have been there, done it, no tee shirt. Oh well, move on captain. There's a war on you know?
Old 03-27-14, 11:28 AM   #4
Daytrader
Sailor man

Thx for reply, but when you start campaign it gives you a option to do training mission before the proper mission, and i do it all correctly and get a fail, it would just have been nice if i did not, known i completed it correctly, and its not a good start is it to my campaign, i want it perfect, as if it shows a fail on a completed mission, what is it going to do in the actual campaign, will never ever be sure of actual results in game.
Old 03-29-14, 04:47 AM   #5
Dielos
Watch

Downloads: 53

As far as I know, the tutorial should not have any effect on the campaign. But I'm not 100% sure as I always skip it. Start a new campaign and when it asks if you want to play the tutorial, skip it.

If you can't choose, then something went actually wrong and the tutorial wasn't flagged as complete. Go to "My Documents\SH5\data\cfg" and edit the file CareerHistory.cfg. Change the line "HasCompletedTutorial=false" to "HasCompletedTutorial=true". Now you should be able to start a campaign and skip the tutorial.

I don't remember getting a failed objective if you jump the tutorial.
Dielos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 06:37 AM   #6
Daytrader
Sailor man

Thx for reply, yes i can skip the tutorial, but was just curious why a fail on the 1 objective when i sunk ship and fired 4 torpedos that was asked for(all other objectives was passed), maybe someone could just start a new campaign and do the tutorial just to test, only takes 10 minutes if you use max time compression, also is it normal to get a fail for ending mission, even when it says end patrol, strange.
Old 03-29-14, 11:59 AM   #7
Dielos
Watch

Downloads: 53

How are you finishing the mission? By docking at the harbor? Or just by quitting to windows or main menu?

The missions only count as finished once you dock. If you leave in the middle, it will always say failed...
Dielos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 02:05 PM   #8
Daytrader
Sailor man

yeh i dock, i even back my sub into bunker.
Old 03-29-14, 05:14 PM   #9
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

In the training mission when you sink the target showing in your observation scope if you look at you Nav Map it shows icons of ships to sink.

My understanding is that you make waypoints to intercept these static targets and start to torpedo them.

During this torpedoing process you then get an order to go to Kiel

Unfortunately for anyone who has not done the tutorial before they do not know about using the + and - keys for TC.

By the time it is shown to them it is to late to use.

Heading towards the 'Docking Icon you should then get the message box up to 'End Patrol.'

You should not go to Kiel until ordered to do so.

Did you use the mods showing in my Post #31?

Link to my post:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804

STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS & HOW TO DO IT
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-14, 07:08 AM   #10
Daytrader
Sailor man

Hi, i am new to sub sim, so was training before i add all mods, i did sink ship in scope,, it says sink ship or fire all 4 tubes, then it says sink 2 more ships, i also did that, and when it says go to kiel, i also done that, but still showed failed on the sink ship or fire 4 tubes objective, very strange, must be bug.
Old 03-30-14, 04:50 PM   #11
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

You should not need to dock in the bunker. Your 'End Patrol' comes up before you turn round the dock head.

When you get the 'End Patro'l it should take you in to the'Bunker' where there is a conversation between the 'Flotilla Leader' and the 'Captain' and then the 'Captain' talks to 'You.'

You start your 'New Patrol' by walking to the 'Flotilla Leader' and selecting the 'Mission.'

Did any of this happen ?

You could test a 'New Campaign' with a 'New Name' and see if you get the prompt to 'Skip Tutorial.'
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-14, 05:37 PM   #12
Daytrader
Sailor man

Yes, all of that happend to me, i even started a new campaign under another name like you mention, but still got a fail, i think i will just skip tutorial next time, and put it down to a bug, or that it happens to everyone, but most just did not notice it, my ocd just gets the better of me sometimes, cheers for replys thou.