SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-20, 01:28 AM   #1
lotana
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Graphical Mods: Support for 16:10 ratio?

Hello SUBSIM community,

After 9 years of absence from the world of submarines, I have decided to take a dive (pun intended) back in. Instead of trying to remember covered ground in SH4, I have purchased SH3 since it has quite a reputation of being excellent. Straight off the bat I have downloaded and installed the latest GWX version.

The next part I would like to do is to mod the graphical fidelity as high as I can. Big part of that is resolution. My native screen resolution is on a 16:10 ratio: 1920x1200. I am concerned that perhaps my ratio is not supported by the mods available since GUI mods mentioned in the beginner threads specifically specify 1920x1080 or 1360x768 target resolutions. Thus I would like to seek help from the community for confirmation, since at least some of you must be using 16:10 monitors.

Are there any resolution enhancing mods that will work well in the 1920x1200 resolution without major distortions or will I just have to settle running the game in a window in 16:9 ratio?

Tags
mods, resolution