Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-22, 07:44 AM   #856
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The sanctions imposed after 2014 have not weakened but dramatically improved Russia's economic autarky. Financially Russia is not weaker but stronger, MUCH stronger, today than it was before 2014.

Because Russia did a trick nobody seemed to have expected. It adapted.

Those who believe in sactions now still make the same old mistake that I curse about since years: they still see and judge Russia not by the specific characteristics of Russia, but their own Western standards and opinions. And these do not match with Russia. And nenver will.

The West is so weak by now that it has no other illusion left than sanctions and law codes to "deter" or "contain" Russia.

Taiwan is next. There is no credible deterrance.
Old 02-24-22, 07:46 AM   #857
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I'm without words-Don't know what to write about the situation in Ukraine right now-Following the news closely.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 02-24-22, 07:53 AM   #858
Andreas86
Ensign

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 2

Russia claims Ukraines air defence has been neutralized.. Ukrainian TV shown radars broken and out of action. Could the new hypersonic weapons have been used?
Old 02-24-22, 07:56 AM   #859
Andreas86
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Because Russia did a trick nobody seemed to have expected. It adapted.

The West is so weak by now that it has no other illusion left than sanctions and law codes to "deter" or "contain" Russia.

Taiwan is next. There is no credible deterrance.

Fox News had someone on who said exactly this. Russia has closely observed US and NATO doctrine through the last two decades, how the west responds to events in the world. At the same time it has passed the west in many tecnologies, cyber, electronic warfare, missile tech, etc. This is well calculated.
Old 02-24-22, 08:04 AM   #860
Skybird
Soaring

Russian troops stand in the Northern area of Kiev, apparently a pince-attack from the Western and Eastern shore of the Dnjpr lake north of the city.

All Ukrainian air defences, the Russians claim, are down.
Advances to Mariupol.

Tanks from the Crimean seem to advance towards Odessa, both moves seal off the coast, and prepare landing of amphibious reinforcements.

Small detachments of forces west of Kiev, from Belarus, seem to drop southwards, sealing off the Ukraine's West against Western nations.

Heck this runs exactly like I predicted before the Olympics. Markus said he fears an attack on February 20th back then. I said I expect it in the time window after the olympics and before end of the month. All the moves I described in advance, and the Russians do it, precisely.

Its frustrating. I dispise our leaders, indefinitely.
Old 02-24-22, 08:14 AM   #861
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Its frustrating. I dispise our leaders, indefinitely.
Yeah, but what can they do?
Old 02-24-22, 08:17 AM   #862
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas86 View Post
Fox News had someone on who said exactly this. Russia has closely observed US and NATO doctrine through the last two decades, how the west responds to events in the world. At the same time it has passed the west in many tecnologies, cyber, electronic warfare, missile tech, etc. This is well calculated.

Yes. Putin may live in his own world, but he has still traits that make him superior to his Western counterparts:
He calculates cool and competently and in absolutely cold blood: no morals hinder him, no remorse.
He is disciplined.
He prepares.
He learns from both his own and our mistakes. Just that he rarely makes mistakes.
He has a long perspectives, over one and two decades. Pastience our leaders do not have.

This would have commanded utmost caution, alertness and respect (in then meaning of taking him as the threat that he always has been). And I always paid him that respect, becauue I think since always his competence makes him extremely dangerous. Instead, our leaders ignored him, played the threat down, laughed, and did not count the years further beyond than the next elections.

Putin may live in his own world. But within this framework he is absolutely consistent. There never was an excuse not to take him serious, not to take him by his words. All what is happenign now he already has hinted at many years ago! Georgia. Crimea, Syria, Donbass, Luhansk, it all falls into a chronological, consistent line, reaching back to 2006, 2007, when NATO offered perspectives for NATO memberships to Georgia and the Ukraine.

I admit I myself also did not always take him as serious with all this as we should have. But still I always still was far ahead of our leaders, this I claim for myself. My misjudgements were by far not as all-embracing than theirs. I paid Putin often respect, but only on a technical level, for the skill he showed in pushing his plans, never did I agree with his intentions and motives. Trump also expresses respect for him: but also that he admires him, and wants to be like him, wants to be a big bad boy himself, thats what makes him so disgusting. His competence as an enemy manouvering his pieces on the chess board commanded to respect him as that competent opponent. But many in the West ignored his competence, and snuggled up to him because they did not take him serious. This fatal flaw I never made. There is a huge difference between taking an enemy serious, and liking him.

I assume from now on they will pay respect to him, yes...?

Last edited by Skybird; 02-24-22 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-24-22, 08:19 AM   #863
Andreas86
Ensign

Has the Ukrainian air force stood down? Claim is all airbases are out or action. Did they even have a chance to respond? Little footage has been released of any clashes directly.

Massive gridlock out of Kiev:
Old 02-24-22, 08:27 AM   #864
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

The American intelligence says that Russia will have taken Ukraine by Friday morning(local time)
In some Danish article it says the war may go on for month.

So who's correct here ?

We can also expect millions of refugees from Ukraine.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 02-24-22, 08:32 AM   #865
Skybird
Soaring

Look at the numbers of both air forces. I cannot imagine the Ukraine air force ever had a realistic chance. And radars have been taken out. I cannot imagine they still can fly anything. All air bases are claimed by the Russians to have been taken out. I think that is a realistic and believable claim, since the Ukraines air defence network was very weak from beginning on.

Unfortunately the Ukraine has gotten only small numbers of shpuderpad SAMs, and these also do not offer reach to shoot down high flying bombers. After 2014 the Ukriane has beefed up its defen ces and its army is severla times as striong as back the, but compared to the Russians it still sees all odds overwhelmingly against it.

Partisan warfare might be the way to go. That it wins, is uncertain, though, but it can mount the blood toll - though on both sides.
Old 02-24-22, 08:35 AM   #867
Andreas86
Ensign

https://censor-net.translate.goog/ua..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Quote:
The troops of the Russian Federation went on breakthrough of the state border in the Kiev area, - State frontier service

News Censor.NET War in Ukraine

In the Kiev region, Russian troops broke through the state border.
This was reported by Censor.NET with reference to the SBGS press service .
Enemy military equipment entered through the Vilcha checkpoint. Border guards together with the Ukrainian military accepted the fight.
In addition, hail shelling was carried out at the location of the Mlachivka Border Guard Service of the Zhytomyr Detachment.
It should be noted that, depending on the situation, border units are redeployed to reserve positions and act in cooperation with the Armed Forces of Ukraine and the National Guard. Джерело: https://censor.net/ua/n3318687
Old 02-24-22, 08:38 AM   #868
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
The American intelligence says that Russia will have taken Ukraine by Friday morning(local time)
In some Danish article it says the war may go on for month.

So who's correct here ?

We can also expect millions of refugees from Ukraine.

Markus
Putin must avoid that the mood at home turns against the war. His priority is to blitz the war through to its intended objectives. How long it will last? His plan says: a couple of days, not longer. If possible.

But:

He made it clear he wants to rearrange the security and peace order in Europe. In other words, he wants to reastablish the borders of the Warsaw Pact era. Obviously he must then attack the Baltic states, Poland, Hungary, Slovenia, too.

Maybe he will pause a little when he got all Ukraine. But I think all the mentioned states now are at risk. And that is a very realistic threat, and realistic scenario. Markus said it early on. He is right.

I hope and pray that it does not become true.

Europe's political priorities must dramatically shift from political correctness agendas and CO2 tables and such, to defence, defence, defence and defence again. This is the priority of the moment, and forseeable future. Europes willingness todefend itself is in a terrible state, its capabilties to do so are in a mess, the weakness is dramatic and life-threatening, and an open invitation for Putin. What we have in combat forces must focus on the East, and must get relocated there. It will be little enough. Only then we stand a chance to deter him. For the americans it is even more complicated, they must, if they do not want to get kicked out of Europe, bring back significant reinforcements to Europe while at the same time maintaining a believable deterrance to China.Tricky. They claimed they have the ability to fight two huge wars simultaneously, but that is an echo from the past - I believe it when I see it these days. As I see it, they fall behind since years.Just look at the disrupted supply chains, globally, and count out platform numbers.

Our financial system will become disrupted sooner or later, causing havoc for our social systems and the communal cohesion of our states. Another weapon of hybrid war. And I am quite certain this has already been taken into account by Putin: if I can that - why shouldn't he?

He is 70. Maybe he dies. Or there is a revolt in his own inner circle. It is said his won staffers are against the war, and only obey due to fear. But then - how many assassination attempts were survived by Hitler? Dozens?

Last edited by Skybird; 02-24-22 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-24-22, 08:38 AM   #869
Andreas86
Ensign

From the news feed on censor-net. Battles are raging.

Quote:
Kuleba called on international partners to sever diplomatic relations with Russia 15:29 10 0

The situation in the North and South is tense: there are battles for Gostomel airfield, Genichesk, Skadovsk, Chaplinka - Zaluzhny 15:28 3521 0

Zelensky obliged the NBU to transfer to the state budget the profit for 2021 15:27 645 0

We are ready to provide asylum to all refugees from Ukraine, - Liaen 15:23 7129 11

Heavy battles are being fought for Happiness and the Village of Luhansk: the Russian occupiers have been taken prisoner - the headquarters of the Environmental Protection Agency. PHOTO 15:18 23593 49

As of 1 p.m., battles are being fought for Henichesk, Skadovsk, and Chaplynka. The offensive of enemy tanks in the area of ​​Putivl was stopped, - the General Staff of the Armed Forces 15:18 21238 18

Poland is ready to accept refugees from Ukraine 15:14 6131 6

The troops of the Russian Federation control the route Kiev-Moscow from border with Russia to Baturyn of the Chernihiv region, - the head of the Sumy regional state administration Zhyvytsky 15:12 24560 22

The Kyiv City State Administration calls on Kyivites to donate blood 15:09 2310 1

The Verkhovna Rada switched to continuous operation 15:08 2222 6

We express special love and support to our soldiers who stand guard and protect our land and people - Onuphrius 15:08 3897 17

On the approaches to Starobilsk, the battle continues: two Russian tanks and 1 armored personnel carrier were destroyed, - OS headquarters 15:04 25828 27

There is a battle in the direction of Sumy. Troops of the Russian Federation carry out an offensive from n.p. Konotop, - State Border Guard Service
Old 02-24-22, 08:46 AM   #870
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

https://www.t-online.de/nachrichten/...einmarsch.html

There's a video on the site, and farther below a chart. They are attacking all over Ukraine.
Probably they will take Transnistria and Moldawa, too.

Edit: lot of jets over Hannover

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 02-24-22 at 08:56 AM.
Closed Thread