SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities > Eternal Patrol
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-10-07, 07:13 AM   #1
sonar732
The Old Man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Fair Seas Abraham and here's to you standing up to them!
sonar732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 07:27 AM   #2
Tchocky
Navy Seal

Downloads: 6

That's terrible
Old 10-10-07, 08:32 AM   #3
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

This is horrible! I'm at a loss for words. I never really got to know Abraham, but the feeling of loss is still there. Rest in peace buddy!
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 09:16 AM   #4
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

I can only echo what others have said, myself and Abe didn't converse that often, but I always recall he had a good sense of humour and yet the strength of mind and soul to speak the truth without wavering, it's what made him such a good mod to have about.
RIP Abraham, calm seas and a following wind.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 01:54 PM   #5
Fish
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0

Yesterday evening a journalist called him a hero, I can only agree.
Fair winds and following seas for you Abraham
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 11:45 AM   #6
fire-fox
Chief

Downloads: 70

R.I.P and I'd like to back the recuest of Danilsa
:: Salute to virtual comrade ::

Running SH5 @ 100% difficulty + TWoS 2.2.19(RealNav + BDU + port smoke + food) + Carotio_IntercontinentalRadioPack tweaked + The Little Ships of SH5 - Coaster Pack
fire-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-07, 10:25 AM   #7
Flying Dutchman
Watch

Downloads: 4

Skippers don't die... they just sail away
Flying Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-07, 10:30 AM   #8
Morts
Admiral

Downloads: 23

R.I.P
Morts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-07, 10:58 AM   #9
LydiaTamarZeegers

Default Im the daughter of Abraham Zeegers

Hello,

I am the eighteen year old daughter of Abraham Zeegers..

I've never been on this site before so I don't know how it really works..

But I would like to thank everybody for their kind words..

I am sure that my father would appreciate this..

Lydia-Tamar Zeegers
LydiaTamarZeegers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-07, 11:49 AM   #10
Iceman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydiaTamarZeegers
Hello,

I am the eighteen year old daughter of Abraham Zeegers..

I've never been on this site before so I don't know how it really works..

But I would like to thank everybody for their kind words..

I am sure that my father would appreciate this..

Lydia-Tamar Zeegers
Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you and your family. We are truly sorry for your loss and your father will be greatly missed here. There are no words to describe the sorrow we feel for this. Again please personal message myself or Neal Stevens the site owner here with any way we may help you and your family.

We are all family here and and Abraham was a big part of it. It would honor us greatly if you would come by here and let us know how you and yours are doing from time to time even if you are not a submarine enthusiast like we all are here, but I now consider you a daughter of mine by way of the brotherhood we all feel here towards one an other.

Last edited by Iceman; 10-15-07 at 12:00 PM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-07, 11:10 AM   #11
SantaX
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1

Hi all, I noticed this link on the big Dutch weblog Geenstijl.nl

I am a Dutchie and since you all seem to care so much for this fellow, I just wanted to post here about the facts and suspicions.

Bram was found dead, a woman was with him. This woman is the girlfriend from another Amsterdam based criminal. He is arrested also, but not linked to this case. He was arrested for involvement with drugsdealing. The woman herself still is in custody.
I read on this site that xtc was the killer. In the media here, they say he OD on coke.

Holleeder is being charged with (sorry don't know the English word) pressuring people into giving him money. 4 or 5 of the witnesses in his trial are dead by now.
Even so, Holleeder has gained somewhat of a cult-status. He didn't harm the normal people and other criminals who deal with him have the tendency to die... Most of them not natural.

Bram was a lawyer and it is now being said he had made statements to the police not only about Holleeder, but also other topcriminals. A brave thing to do.

Just wanted to inform you all about what we know so far. As it is given attention by the Dutch media.

Also my condoleances to you all.

Edit:

Lydia-Tamar, heel veel sterkte met dit verlies. Mijn moeder overleed toen ik 21 was, gelukkig zonder de media aandacht die jij moet doorstaan.
Wees trots op je pa, niet veel mensen hebben het lef te getuigen tegen Holleeder. Echt heel veel sterkte.
SantaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-07, 01:17 PM   #12
LydiaTamarZeegers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaX
Hi all, I noticed this link on the big Dutch weblog Geenstijl.nl

I am a Dutchie and since you all seem to care so much for this fellow, I just wanted to post here about the facts and suspicions.

Bram was found dead, a woman was with him. This woman is the girlfriend from another Amsterdam based criminal. He is arrested also, but not linked to this case. He was arrested for involvement with drugsdealing. The woman herself still is in custody.
I read on this site that xtc was the killer. In the media here, they say he OD on coke.

Holleeder is being charged with (sorry don't know the English word) pressuring people into giving him money. 4 or 5 of the witnesses in his trial are dead by now.
Even so, Holleeder has gained somewhat of a cult-status. He didn't harm the normal people and other criminals who deal with him have the tendency to die... Most of them not natural.

Bram was a lawyer and it is now being said he had made statements to the police not only about Holleeder, but also other topcriminals. A brave thing to do.

Just wanted to inform you all about what we know so far. As it is given attention by the Dutch media.

Also my condoleances to you all.

Edit:

Lydia-Tamar, heel veel sterkte met dit verlies. Mijn moeder overleed toen ik 21 was, gelukkig zonder de media aandacht die jij moet doorstaan.
Wees trots op je pa, niet veel mensen hebben het lef te getuigen tegen Holleeder. Echt heel veel sterkte.

dankjewel het is ook heel erg vreselijk.. Mijn leven op dit moment is ook niet compleet meer
LydiaTamarZeegers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 01:05 AM   #13
Iceman
Ace of the Deep

Wow...

I had the fortune of becoming a pretty good friend with Abraham and was wondering this last year why he hadn't spoken much with me.We had talked about the Lord and I know for a fact he believed in Jesus and the Resurection and had spoken some of wanting his mom, I think, to know JC.

anyways I know in my heart he would not commit suicide and has been given a white robe and told to rest a while.

Rest in Peace my brother in Christ...see you soon.

Psalms 59

[1] Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God: defend me from them that rise up against me.
[2] Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloody men.
[3] For, lo, they lie in wait for my soul: the mighty are gathered against me; not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O LORD.
[4] They run and prepare themselves without my fault: awake to help me, and behold.
[5] Thou therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to visit all the heathen: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah.
[6] They return at evening: they make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city.
[7] Behold, they belch out with their mouth: swords are in their lips: for who, say they, doth hear?
[8] But thou, O LORD, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.
[9] Because of his strength will I wait upon thee: for God is my defence.
[10] The God of my mercy shall prevent me: God shall let me see my desire upon mine enemies.
[11] Slay them not, lest my people forget: scatter them by thy power; and bring them down, O Lord our shield.
[12] For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speak.
[13] Consume them in wrath, consume them, that they may not be: and let them know that God ruleth in Jacob unto the ends of the earth. Selah.
[14] And at evening let them return; and let them make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city.
[15] Let them wander up and down for meat, and grudge if they be not satisfied.
[16] But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.
[17] Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.

Reading back on some posts....this was classic as it gets I think...

Quote:

Abraham
I plan to write a book in 2007.

"Words And Opinions. How to moderate in the times of the internet. A quickguided tour by A. B. Raham"

Skybird
And I'll write an essay, reviewing it

That will be my second book...

Abraham
How about: "FATAL ATTRACTION - An in-depth study of the diverging and converging opinions of Skybird & Abraham on the Subsim.com forums"
I'll write the book - and plug it shamelessly on the Subsim forums - and you can write the introduction (which should not beat the book in size!).

Last edited by Iceman; 10-10-07 at 01:43 AM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 03:21 AM   #14
The Avon Lady
Über Mom

Dutch news update.

"Victory will come to us from the wombs of our women."
- Houari Boumedienne, President of Algeria, Speech before the UN, 1974
The Avon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 03:51 AM   #15
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Four key witnesses dead!!

The plot certainly thickens

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote