Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-26-10, 04:44 PM   #331
voss
Engineer

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crécy View Post
When pressing the print screen, where can I found the screenshots?
If you're talking about using the PrntScrn button on your keyboard, that image is saved to your clipboard. This will hold only one image at a time. To save the image, you need to open a paint program, such as the one that comes with Windows, paste the image into the program, and then save it wherever you like.

I hope this helps.
4GB 667MHz RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5750 1 GB Graphics Card
Windows XP Pro, SP3, v. 5938
voss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 04:56 PM   #332
voss
Engineer

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet_Lugshoite View Post
Two silly questions.... can't find them in the game manual...

1). How do you open the recognition manual???

Tried the "N" key but nothing? Has it something to do with realism settings?

Have tried several things (am using voice command mod and have tried "Identify Target", this appears in the log bottom right but nothing else).

2). How do you plot a search pattern? I can do it manually but looking at the voice mod commands there is actually a game command "plot search pattern one". Doesn't seem to work though and don't know the mapped key.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!
In the stock game, the recognition manual comes up when you lock onto a target. The XO will give you a line of dialog with various options underscored. Click on the option that states Unknown Freighter (or something like that) and the manual opens up. This will allow you to flip through the pages and click the check box of the ship you're targeting.

There is an Improved Recongition Manual mod which has the manual tucked off to the left side of the screen. This manual works like the one in SH3.

As for the Plot Search Pattern: as far as I know, this has to be done manually.
4GB 667MHz RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5750 1 GB Graphics Card
Windows XP Pro, SP3, v. 5938
voss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-10, 12:32 PM   #333
madmax17
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Sooo I'm one cross short of finishing the first campaign, all objectives completed, what do I have to do? Someone here mentioned I have to wait until March 1st? Have to check my date.
Old 08-02-10, 01:44 PM   #334
Havana B
Swabbie

Downloads: 34
Default Disembarking agent?

Hi all,

I'm new to posting on this board so please forgive any errors in protocol. . . I've been ordered to land an agent near Londonberry. I approach as closely as possible to the landing point (which is located inland) and stop within 200m of the shore. I am unable to find out how to get this guy off of my boat. None of my my officers' dialog boxes appears to have an order for it and I have waited all night for the agent to leave the boat. Is there some action that I should be taking? Thanks in advance.

ß
Havana B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 01:51 PM   #335
Rafael
Captain

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax17 View Post
Sooo I'm one cross short of finishing the first campaign, all objectives completed, what do I have to do? Someone here mentioned I have to wait until March 1st? Have to check my date.
Operation Weserubung appears on the map in March 1940. If it's earlier than that just patrol around till the date is reached.
Rafael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10, 12:26 PM   #336
ORP Eagle
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default Sinking destroyers

Hi Guys,

I've come across a rather annoying problem when trying to sink destroyers. All my torpedoes seem to be passing under my targets' keels. Always! I've tried everything: setting the torpedo running depth to minimum (1.1 meters), switching the magnetic detonator on and off, firing salvos. Nothing works! I'm using the G7e electric torpedoes for all my shots (don't like the bubbly ones). I've tried following the running torpedo with my avatar view to make sure that I don't miss only to watch it pass under the destroyer's keel every single time. Help!
ORP Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 06:35 PM   #337
mullier
Swabbie

Downloads: 75
Default annoying problem when trying to sink destroyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORP Eagle View Post
Hi Guys,

I've come across a rather annoying problem when trying to sink destroyers. All my torpedoes seem to be passing under my targets' keels. Always! I've tried everything: setting the torpedo running depth to minimum (1.1 meters), switching the magnetic detonator on and off, firing salvos. Nothing works! I'm using the G7e electric torpedoes for all my shots (don't like the bubbly ones). I've tried following the running torpedo with my avatar view to make sure that I don't miss only to watch it pass under the destroyer's keel every single time. Help!
Well, it is not a new problem there were some ships which were unsinkable no matter how you tried even in SH3. Just ignore it, and find another target. Also G7e torpedoes were the worst ones, it is historical fact. They were having problem in maintaining depth. Just you got a load of duds as per game scenario. Hope it will help.
mullier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 07:25 PM   #338
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Downloads: 55
Default Very quick question.

how do i turn on the FPS counter again?
CaptainMattJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 07:27 PM   #339
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havana B View Post
Hi all,

I'm new to posting on this board so please forgive any errors in protocol. . . I've been ordered to land an agent near Londonberry. I approach as closely as possible to the landing point (which is located inland) and stop within 200m of the shore. I am unable to find out how to get this guy off of my boat. None of my my officers' dialog boxes appears to have an order for it and I have waited all night for the agent to leave the boat. Is there some action that I should be taking? Thanks in advance.

ß
im sure youve tried going all stop? thats how u did it in SH4 but SH5 im not so sure
Old 08-13-10, 07:34 PM   #340
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMattJ. View Post
how do i turn on the FPS counter again?
Ctrl+F8
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-10, 08:23 PM   #341
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

thank you
Old 08-15-10, 02:08 PM   #342
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5

Hey uhh how do I get out of the captains bunk?

I clicked on the bunk, layed down in it, now I cant get back up

Edit; Solved. Answer is the escape key.

Last edited by SteamWake; 08-15-10 at 03:00 PM.
SteamWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-10, 05:24 AM   #343
ambarata
Watch

Downloads: 813
Default Help please!

I´ve been assigned a new sub and as a result I was sent to Danzig, and now i'm helping invading Norway and i'm still stuck in Danzig. It's bloody far away. Need help this chaps!

Cheers!

God Speed
ambarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 09:20 PM   #344
dMC
Nub

Downloads: 0

Hi!

First of all: Cool forum! Helped me very much, but I still have one problem. I'm playing one of the first missions, the block of Germany (or similiar name, you know what I mean I guess) and I have a problem:

As soon as I reach the patrol place my fuel is somewhere around 50%, this means I can't do **** when I'm there since I have to get back to base and since the resupply is denied all the time (Not suprised that the germans lost the war, they are treating their sub captains like ****! Or, they were).

Anyway, is there any way to get passed this? Without playing with unlimited diesel (that's just boooring. )

Thanks again for a cool forum!
dMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 10:37 PM   #345
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dMC View Post
Hi!

First of all: Cool forum! Helped me very much, but I still have one problem. I'm playing one of the first missions, the block of Germany (or similiar name, you know what I mean I guess) and I have a problem:

As soon as I reach the patrol place my fuel is somewhere around 50%, this means I can't do **** when I'm there since I have to get back to base and since the resupply is denied all the time (Not suprised that the germans lost the war, they are treating their sub captains like ****! Or, they were).

Anyway, is there any way to get passed this? Without playing with unlimited diesel (that's just boooring. )

Thanks again for a cool forum!
Im sure you know that going at half speed and under conserves more fuel? and you will ALWAYS be denied resupply until operation drumbeat, which is WAY WAY far ahead of blockade of germany. Plus ts trans atlantic, and you can only resupply at certain times. any blue base can resupply you on fuel.

A popular Government without popular information nor the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives
- James Madison