SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-30-14, 02:46 AM   #841
quad5
Soundman

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 0

Help please! How(where) load "Snapshot 7_5_0_v17.gps"?
quad5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 03:13 AM   #842
Dragon81
Engineer

Downloads: 68

Hi quad,

after you installed WoS with the JSGME you can find a folder "TDW generic patcher..." in the install folder of SH5.
Run the TDW generic patcher. It will ask you for some requred paths of some files. After that you can see a list of patches but you don't have to activate them one by one. Just load the snapshot and it will activate the required patches automatically. The Snapshot file is included in this mod.

Last edited by Dragon81; 07-30-14 at 05:00 AM.
Dragon81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 03:44 AM   #843
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad5 View Post
Help please! How(where) load "Snapshot 7_5_0_v17.gps"?

read here pls thx
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 04:36 AM   #844
quad5
Soundman

Downloads: 581

Hi Sjizzle and Dragon81!
Thank you!
quad5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 08:42 AM   #845
blackcan
Gunner

Downloads: 93

Have a little question:

In my Captain Log is my Mission: "go to AN5547" i know how to find AN55 and i think "47" is a more specific square in "AN55" but how can i find it out where it is?
blackcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 09:15 AM   #846
masd
Watch

Downloads: 99

Hi all.
I've just installed this megamod, but i'm not getting the ship identification button as you can see in the image. Any ideas of what im doing wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (47.9 KB, 45 views)
masd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 09:29 AM   #847
OPZ-Maat
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hey there, I've installed this Mod and I'm very happy with it. But I have one problem: My periscope is always seen by destroyers, when I'm in a distance of 2000 meters or lower. Is there a posibility to change this? I'm not a super-comander and I'd love to have the destroyers not that eagle-eyed........Thanks for your help, guys!
Old 07-30-14, 02:14 PM   #848
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPZ-Maat View Post
Hey there, I've installed this Mod and I'm very happy with it. But I have one problem: My periscope is always seen by destroyers, when I'm in a distance of 2000 meters or lower. Is there a posibility to change this? I'm not a super-comander and I'd love to have the destroyers not that eagle-eyed........Thanks for your help, guys!
The scope has a waterline indicator...make sure your scopehead is only just above the waterline.
Also, with enemies near, it's better to pop it up every now and then.

Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 03:16 AM   #849
Deep_Hunter
Sailor man

Downloads: 80

Hey,
I like this mod-combination very much, but unfortunatly I have some problems with the crash dive function...When I use the button from the TDWUI the crew stays on deck and the hedge from the conning tower stays open. When I use the hotkey the door closes correctly and the crew moves inside, but unfortunatly sometimes too late...I searched for this bug and found out that it belongs to the stock game. I tried to use the crash dive fix from rubini http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192938, but it didnt work correctly...it changed the speech and activated some older version of the recognition manual from the beginning in the bunker...Is there anything else I could use?
Greetings
Deep_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 03:57 AM   #850
Dragon81
Engineer

Hi DeepHunter,

There is a 22sec time delay for this function. In this time you get teleported to the persicope but nothing else happens.
In the OptionsFileEditorViewer I set the time delay to 0 and removed the teleport.
It's working fine for me now. (But first you have to leave the bridge manually.)
Old 07-31-14, 04:26 AM   #851
Deep_Hunter
Sailor man

Hey,
exactly that happens when I use the crash dive button from TDWUI...teleporting, watiting, nothing and when I want to leave the periscope with "esc" I'm back at the conning tower bridge. Thats why I also dissabled the teleport in the OptionsFileEditor...so how are you doing the crash dive, with the TDWUI-button or with an other hotkey? And when u leave bridge manually the hedge does close automaticly? Because when I do so it stays open
Old 07-31-14, 05:15 AM   #852
Dragon81
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_Hunter View Post
...and when I want to leave the periscope with "esc" I'm back at the conning tower bridge.
Hm... no that's a different behaviour for me. When I left the periscope with ESC then I was standing beside it as normal.

Quote:
so how are you doing the crash dive, with the TDWUI-button or with an other hotkey?
I go down the ladder and press the button on the left side. The sub immediatly starts to dive and you can hear the commands and ringing bells.

Quote:
And when u leave bridge manually the hedge does close automaticly? Because when I do so it stays open
I do not close it, it closes automatically. But the crew is still outside when the water is flooding the bridge because the animation is to slow. But finally they all came in through the closed hedge.
Old 07-31-14, 09:15 AM   #853
blackcan
Gunner

Downloads: 93

Is there a way to make the Water underwater a bit more visible? cause i love to watch my submarine underwater
blackcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 09:41 AM   #854
Otto Fuhrmann
Helmsman

Downloads: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcan View Post
Is there a way to make the Water underwater a bit more visible? cause i love to watch my submarine underwater
You don't like the murky views?
Otto Fuhrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 09:47 AM   #855
Deep_Hunter
Sailor man

Hey blackcan,
the DynEnv-Mod has some settings for the underwater-impurity/visibility...just download the Mod http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=202520 and activate the impurity-/visibility-setting you want after Wolves of Steel.
Good Hunting