Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-06-10, 09:42 PM   #1
zekicoli
Mate

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0
Default I cant select missin objective

Hello ı start campaign ,ı spoke with german commander ı select view mission and detail after he start to explain mission on map ,ı select skip after ı cannot select notting ...how can ı select objectives??tehe is 5 or 6 german sembol on left corner but ı didnt selecet forom tehere also..

when ı back to commander and ı select start patrol he said me "do you want to start patrol without select any mission or objective??

how can ı select objective my friends..

thanks
zekicoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 09:46 PM   #2
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekicoli View Post
Hello ı start campaign ,ı spoke with german commander ı select view mission and detail after he start to explain mission on map ,ı select skip after ı cannot select notting ...how can ı select objectives??tehe is 5 or 6 german sembol on left corner but ı didnt selecet forom tehere also..

when ı back to commander and ı select start patrol he said me "do you want to start patrol without select any mission or objective??

how can ı select objective my friends..

thanks
Do you have the DVD, or a download version of the game?
Also check that you have launched the game through OSP.
Old 03-06-10, 09:51 PM   #3
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
hello ı start campaign ,ı spoke with german commander ı select view mission and detail after he start to explain mission on map ,ı select skip after ı cannot select notting ...how can ı select objectives??tehe is 5 or 6 german sembol on left corner but ı didnt selecet forom tehere also..

When ı back to commander and ı select start patrol he said me "do you want to start patrol without select any mission or objective??

How can ı select objective my friends..

Thanks

You can select it by first BUYING THE GAME you stupid pirate!

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 09:59 PM   #4
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

You should be able to select the campaign goals and get missions to them. The ones in the uppler left corner of the screen are not the ones you click on. You have to find the ones in the map. Clik on them to open up their Area of Operations... and hit the assign button in it's text popup.

But....

You have to be connected to the Ubi server for any of the ships you sink in that area to count towards that campaign goal.

Them's the facts.
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 11:24 PM   #5
Tikigod
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 28

stupid pirate? I bought the game and I had the same problem. This is a legit question. I "left click to open detailed goal description" and I see a bubble that pops up with "Invasion of Poland" and detail to sink 3 polish ships evactuating Poland. There is nothing to click after that. If I close out of map and then tell the Kaleun "Let's start the new patrol" it says "Are you sure you want to start the new patrol without choosing a mission?" I think the confusion within the interface is where do we click to select and "confirm" the mission? The interface they designed isn't very intuitive.

I purchased the DVD version of the game. It doesn't come with a physical manual rather an incomplete pdf version of it. The page that talks about campagin and selecting a mission isn't very helpful.

I kept thinking the Invasion of Poland is a mission I can select. I didn't realize this was the first tutorial mission I had just completed. The solution is rather simple. You must select a new mission on the map. There are two others now you can select other than the "Invasion of Poland" . There is "British Supplies" and "British Coastal Waters" If you look in top left corner of the interface you will see all 3 objectives. A "white" iron cross means you completed the mission. A "clear" iron cross means you can select it as a new mission. Select "British Supplies" or "British Coastal Waters" and it will zoom to the mission area on the map. When it zooms over you will see a bubble of the mission with the "Request Mission" box (that should be black) Once you select "Request Mission" a new icon will appear on the map of a ship sinking. This means your Mission has been selected and you can now "X" out fo the map and patrol the new assigned mission area.

Hope this helps.
Tikigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 11:35 PM   #6
janh
Stinking drunk in Trinidad

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
You can select it by first BUYING THE GAME you stupid pirate!
ROFL... the question is, who is...
janh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 11:36 PM   #7
gutted
The Old Man

Yup, it was a legitmate question. One that i think alot of people may have because of the crappy manual. Took me a bit of fiddling to figure out exactly what i was supposed to do myself.

I think mookie misunderstoond what his problem was. That said, the cracked version of the game wont allow you to complete objects... so i guess thats what he was thinking.

Regardless of "version", you should be able to get assignments, and even complete your missions. Just no campaign goals will update their progress bars unless you are connected to UPlay.
Old 03-06-10, 11:57 PM   #8
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

I think he means he is unsure of what to do next after ending the tutorial mission. I built a walk-through and placed it in the...

Silent Hunter V Tactics & Tips - starring "How do I ?"and our old friend Mr. FAQ! Woot!

and stuck it at the top. Look, people! Walk through is in post #4.

Let me know if that answers your question,
thanks
Neal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
I think mookie misunderstoond what his problem was. That said, the cracked version of the game wont allow you to complete objects... so i guess thats what he was thinking.
Yeah, I think so too. Not sure exactly what the copy protection breaks to discourage pirates but that's something for another topic
Old 03-07-10, 12:16 AM   #9
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 03-07-10, 12:24 AM   #10
Algonquinwolf
Swabbie

Downloads: 34

TROLL HARDER F.. long standing member of the community
Algonquinwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 08:46 AM   #11
zekicoli
Mate

Downloads: 109

Thanks to people who wants to help me..

I download the game.Yes ı do what you said ı open map ı saw iron cross two iron croos from right to left is biger than others but the problem is when ı click to this irons noting happend..ı try all croos iron,ı clikck all icon but notting change ne mission no any explain nothin..

ı click notting change..ıt didnt give me any mission..
zekicoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 08:53 AM   #12
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquinwolf View Post
TROLL HARDER F.. long standing member of the community
No.

Old 03-07-10, 04:27 PM   #13
Algonquinwolf
Swabbie

Downloads: 34

Ahh just being playful :P

I actually think he's experienceing the common no-mission-after-tutorial problem. Start a new campagin, skip the tutorial, USE THE DEFAULT NAME, and then you should be able to play the missions.

IF however you are a pirate you won't be able to complete any of the mission objectives. too bad, so sad. Buy the game or... well buy the game.
Algonquinwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 04:37 PM   #14
gutted
The Old Man

Quote:
Yes ı do what you said ı open map ı saw iron cross two iron croos from right to left is biger than others but the problem is when ı click to this irons noting happend..ı try all croos iron,ı clikck all icon but notting change ne mission no any explain nothin..
you're clicking the wrong iron crosses.

They are circular and in various places on the map. One is on the eastern coast of england.

The ones at the top left of the screen just show you which ones you've completed (or have yet to complete).
Old 03-07-10, 06:47 PM   #15
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
you're clicking the wrong iron crosses.

They are circular and in various places on the map. One is on the eastern coast of england.

The ones at the top left of the screen just show you which ones you've completed (or have yet to complete).
Yea there pretty small and a big 'hint' is that they are in the water on the map