Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-13-11, 04:07 PM   #1
doomfreak777
Watch

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default Injured Crew Bug

Hey everyone,

A good while back I posted a thread about one of my crew members who was constantly injured, even after ending a patrol, though no one seemed to know what was going on and I stopped playing the game. Now its the easter holidays I have come back to the game and this issue is becoming annoying again.

My exec officer is injured and has been for probably a year in game time, it means I cannot order silent running or battle stations which has its disadvantages. I have even tried installing the mod that eliminates any morale requirement for abilities but to no avail.

Does anyone know what is going on with my game, I am pretty sure it is completly patched etc and the only other mod i have installed is the torpedo critical hits mod, but the issue was around before then when my version of the game was still vanilla.
Also, are there any other mods that may help?

Thanks for any responses,
Will
doomfreak777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-11, 07:27 PM   #2
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Downloads: 55

corrupt file maybe? you could try reinstalling SH5, or unfortunately reverting back to your last save before injury or start a new game. i dont have any personal experience with this problem, in fact i never knew it existed

A popular Government without popular information nor the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives
- James Madison
CaptainMattJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-11, 09:13 PM   #3
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 30

Try deleting the UPCInitial and the UserPlayerContextGE folders in C:\Users\Documents\SH5. Copy them, just in case it doesn't work or messes with your game, and restart the game......
ddrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-11, 05:17 AM   #4
doomfreak777
Watch

Downloads: 9

OK thanks I will give it a shot and see what happens...
doomfreak777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-11, 06:19 AM   #5
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262

Would it be possible to make a mod that completely removes injured crew from the game? I'm tired of my boat getting hit by a few machine gun rounds and having half of my officers wounded and not able to conduct functions like repairing the boat.

Injuries aren't as important in a game like this. More often than not, if a sub got in trouble it meant all lived or all died. I think it was very rare for individual crew members to be wounded. It was sort of a zero sum game.
Old 04-15-11, 06:03 PM   #6
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Downloads: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Would it be possible to make a mod that completely removes injured crew from the game? I'm tired of my boat getting hit by a few machine gun rounds and having half of my officers wounded and not able to conduct functions like repairing the boat.

Injuries aren't as important in a game like this. More often than not, if a sub got in trouble it meant all lived or all died. I think it was very rare for individual crew members to be wounded. It was sort of a zero sum game.
Not the case fortunately. People can escape from submerged uboats at reasonable depths (people can withstand deeper depths then their breaths can get them to the surface without drowning), and Depth charges could blow a hole in a single section of the boat, causing either instant pressure implosion for That crew(at very deep depths) or possibly drown the crew in that compartment. Watch crews could be struck by shrapnel from bombs or bullets from MG's.

A popular Government without popular information nor the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives
- James Madison
CaptainMattJ. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
injured crew bug officer