SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-22-10, 01:11 PM   #271
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

they need to be .obj to be imported in SH4 via S3D

they also need uv1 and uv2 (one is for textures 2 for Ambiant occlusion map)

and an occlusion map

regards

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 09:06 PM   #272
leadtail
Mate

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

Some better pics of the sub and ship.

SS Risedale Built 1912 Length: 142' Breadth: 24.1' Tonnage: 391 grt scrapped in 1952

Sub "Curie" Built 1912 Length 170' - 11" Breadth 17' - 9" (texture is only half done)

U14 - captured "Curie" in Austrian-Hungarian navy service after refit

And heres one that is most likely to high poly for the game. French Battleship Courbet 1911

So one texture map and one occlusion map for each model then. The planes have one 1024 x 1024 for the fuse and one 1024 x 1024 for the wings. Not a problem as the new Targetware engine requires the same single texture file so I have to remap them anyway. And again if I send you the native .wings file you can export it as an .obj as many time as you need to get them to work. Unless you really just want the .obj file.
leadtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 09:36 PM   #273
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Those are absolutely gorgeous. The battleship just might work in SH4 - the HMS Invincible that I posted earlier is very high poly, and both SH3 and SH4 can handle it just fine. BTW, you have a private message from me.
iambecomelife is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 11:04 PM   #274
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Updates on WWI uniforms. These will be available for the SH3 version of the mod if/when it's released; some components will be incorporated in SH4.

The coveralls worn by the enlisted men and one of the officers were officially described as "black", but both photographic evidence and paintings show that in reality they often had a grayish tone. Some work is still needed on items like buttons &c.

Old 03-23-10, 11:33 PM   #275
Turbografx
Old Stormalong

Downloads: 104

All of those vessels look fantastic! Keep up the great work!
Turbografx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 01:28 AM   #276
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36

Magnificent work! Loved the new caps for the crew!

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 02:41 AM   #277
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Thanks!

A few tests I ran of new figures & lifesaving craft to spawn when ships sink. Note the sailor using a life ring as a flotation device in some of the screenshots. I took the life ring from the original lifeboat mod and created a node to which I attached a human figure. The lifeboat is originally the one from SH4; eventually I will give it a better paint scheme and maybe oars, provisions, flares, and so on.

Old 03-24-10, 10:03 AM   #278
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

incredible ! the french sub etc..

the uniforms...

bravo !

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 10:07 AM   #279
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

I did not know you were making a version for SH3 and Sh4! Very cool. Looks great!
Old 03-24-10, 11:05 AM   #280
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

Move the bridge back and the SS Risedale would be a good fill-in for deep sea trawlers in the PTO, actually.

tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 11:31 PM   #281
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Here's the current situation:

Right now I am in DESPERATE need of more close-up conning tower shots for German submarines - particularly Mittel-U type boats. Profile drawings don't always give you a good idea of the 3d shape, so if you have any good conning tower views, step right up.

More good news - I just got permission from another modder to use his Sopwith Pup and Fokker D.VII. At this point the aircraft problem's all but solved. Although I might try to kitbash an R.E.8 or Fe2b just for fun.

I researched decorations last week - here's the order I have tentatively settled on:

Wound Badge
Iron Cross 2nd Class
Iron Cross 1st Class
Cross of the Royal House Order of Hohenzollern
Pour le Merite
Order of the Red Eagle

If your commander is from somewhere other than Prussia I will try to create minor medals for the smaller regions. However, these medals will have to be installed as separate mods at the beginning of your career, because IIRC there is a hard-coded six medal limit.
Old 03-27-10, 12:11 AM   #282
Turbografx
Old Stormalong

Downloads: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Here's the current situation:

Right now I am in DESPERATE need of more close-up conning tower shots for German submarines - particularly Mittel-U type boats. Profile drawings don't always give you a good idea of the 3d shape, so if you have any good conning tower views, step right up.

More good news - I just got permission from another modder to use his Sopwith Pup and Fokker D.VII. At this point the aircraft problem's all but solved. Although I might try to kitbash an R.E.8 or Fe2b just for fun.

I researched decorations last week - here's the order I have tentatively settled on:

Wound Badge
Iron Cross 2nd Class
Iron Cross 1st Class
Cross of the Royal House Order of Hohenzollern
Pour le Merite
Order of the Red Eagle

If your commander is from somewhere other than Prussia I will try to create minor medals for the smaller regions. However, these medals will have to be installed as separate mods at the beginning of your career, because IIRC there is a hard-coded six medal limit.

I have a book featuring some photographs of WWI subs, I will see If I can scan anything relevant over the weekend.
Turbografx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 08:55 AM   #283
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbografx View Post
I have a book featuring some photographs of WWI subs, I will see If I can scan anything relevant over the weekend.
Thanks - you're such a doll!

Also, does anyone know which medal was considered more prestigious: the Blue Max or the Order of the Red Eagle?

I know there's a basis for awarding the Eagle because at least one front-line officer received it for combat achievments (The Red Baron). Hence, I imagine it could plausibly have been given to a truly great U-Boat captain. I just don't know if it should be awarded for greater achievments than the Max.
Old 03-27-10, 09:15 AM   #284
rod_oil
Shore leave

Downloads: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Also, does anyone know which medal was considered more prestigious: the Blue Max or the Order of the Red Eagle?
Pour Le'Merite was more... ahem... collective award than Rote Adler, sir.
Order of the Red Eagle was an order which can not be award to any person who were not-a-Prussians. Bavarians, Swabs etc. can't obtain it simply because they were born non-Prussians.
rod_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-10, 09:09 PM   #285
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Thanks, Rod_Oil. I might replace it with a different medal then.

Here's a screenshot of the Sopwith Pup I obtained permission to use. It may be a good starting point for the Sopwith Strutter & similar aircraft.